smallcarbuyer

Michelin v/s Falken cost v/s performance

Which tire (185/60R14) would you suggest me for my i10 considering the quality and price:

Falken Ziex ZE912       Rs.   7200.00

Michelin XM1              Rs. 10000.00

The cost is for a set of 4 in replacement to my stock Bridgestones 155/80R13.

The Michelins would be a safe bet but if you want to be adventorous try the Falkens. Falkens are officially not in India and hence I think they are cheaper.....Did you check where these tyres are from or made?

Obviously somebody has to import it to sell it in India but what I meant by "not being officially in India" is that there is no Falken company in India, there will be no company back up and I doubt the same about warranty also. That does not make them inferior but like I said it is safer to buy the Michelins and they are good tyres too.

@smallcarbuyer

Glad that you are going for right upgrade.

Michelin XM1 is very good. No idea about Falken.

The stock tyres + rim should fetch you Rs. 2200 per wheel (2000 + 200) if your tyres are less than 300 kms old.

Hi,

I am also planning for tyre upgrade. My car is i10 automatic asta. Are you satisfied with 185/60 R14? As i have seen people going for 175/70 R13?

Do let me know your experience on same.

@amiti: The car looks very nice with the wider tires and bigger alloys. If you do not mind a significant loss in FE go in for 185/60R14. If you want to just improve you handling, stick to the original wheels and get 175/70R13