sram63

Fiat Palio 1.6v GTX Sports

Sorry for going OT;@Subzero:

07 Honda Civic 1.8S - Galaxy Grey - Projector Headlamps - H1 & H7 6000k Philips HID - Llumar Steel 20 - Shell Helix Ultra - Enkei SC20 17"x7.5J - Yokohama S.Drive 225/45 R17

How's the ride on your Civic? Or do you have the seat's in your car floating on a layer of plasma? 225/45 R17. With the 195/60 R15 on my Elantra I haven't checked the air pressure when I tanked the last time around as the road's got ravaged by the recent rain's.

Dear 5u3zEr0,

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience with me.

To answer your questions in order, the car has done approx 55,000 kms, the model is july 2003 and i bought it this year in june end 2009. The previous owner was servicing this car in My TVS and hence i also followed the pratice to maintain parity and continuity. I drove the car for nearly 4 months before giving it for servicing. I put it for servicing in the 1st week of October. That was the first time that i went to My TVS and that i was not present during any of the operations that took place. It was pure blind faith on the reputation of the company.

The first problem with the car as analysed by them was the timing belt - Rs. 1475 which was changed along with the Fixed Tensioner - Rs. 2445 and Belt Tensioner - 2455. The labour was Rs. 1250. Rest of the cost for chaning the head lamps, engine scanning charges, new engine front bed plus oil change and wash.

The day i took possession of the car the alternator failed when the same was working well when the car was given for servicing. When complained to My TVS they sent the car to another franchisee to rectify the problem. The spares cost was Alternator regulator - Rs. 1900 + Rs. 1200 for Alternator redfire + Rs. 600 for Sports bulk. When after fixing the alternator problem the car started to shudder and stop. When My TVS analysed they said that the Piston and Value has to be replaced along with the head. They had no alternative but to send to the first franchisee who came to the conclusion that the fuel injector had failed and the petrol tank had lost of dust which had to be cleaned. They replaced the same and i was billed a total of Rs. 16000 including labour charges. When i took possession of the car it was perfect and running smooth. How come within 4 days of running and that too only 100 kms could the Crank Sensor and the Throttle Body fail. It is quite surprising and nobody seems accountable for the same.

I am also given the explanation that the person who held the car earlier did not maintain this car properly, that rats have played havoc with the wires in the car and hence this problem.

I clearly and squarely agree with you that the pleasure and smile that it puts in your face when driving is something that can be felt only by somebody who has the passion and heart for this vehicle.

Hope that my Palio is up and running so that i can enjoy the joy of driving a car with a heart.

thanks Ram

Dear 5u3zEr0,

Further to my earlier post, i forgot to mention that now the car is not starting and the conclusion is that the Crank Sensor has to be replaced and for the missing the Throttle body has to be replaced. The Throttle body misses only when driven slow, when you drive fast it does not stall and move.According to my source in New Delhi for the parts, when i spoke to him today he clearly says that either the crank sensor would go or the throttle body but not both at the same time. I am planning to change the crank sensor and then see how the car behaves, as of now the car is not even starting due to the crank sensor not functioning.

thanks, Ram

^^ Sounds like a plan - Try replacing the crank sensor first. If you still have problems with the rough idling then try getting the throttle body cleaned (if it hasn't been done already).

Also, there's a Palio users group on Yahoo -- it's a good place to get opinions and feedback on service centers. Join it if you aren't a member already

Its not practical for all of us to be present when our car is being serviced and most of the service centre's will also not allow you to enter the service area. Its all trust you have in the service centre and if something goes wrong then you just have to bear it patiently. Somethings are beyond our control.

Going to MyTVS was the right thing to do as the previous owner was getting the car serviced there. But I can't stomach the excuse that the car was not maintained properly by the earlier owner as even then the car was being serviced by MyTVS.

So you have already have spent 36,000 on the car and an estimate of rs.16,000 for further repair. I think before you go any further you should get a second opinion. Coimbatore is known for its Automobile industry so you should get another good service centre. Search there first or there are people here in Madras who should be able to fix your car, in case you don't find anyone in Coimbatore.

In the meantime, also go and meet the senior managers of MyTVS if you have not done it already and tell them that all along the car is being serviced with them and then suddenly one by one problems over problems and that you smell something fishy. Also write or email their Madras H.O. office about this entire episode.

Sorry for going OT;@Subzero:

07 Honda Civic 1.8S - Galaxy Grey - Projector Headlamps - H1 & H7 6000k Philips HID - Llumar Steel 20 - Shell Helix Ultra - Enkei SC20 17"x7.5J - Yokohama S.Drive 225/45 R17

How's the ride on your Civic? Or do you have the seat's in your car floating on a layer of plasma? 225/45 R17. With the 195/60 R15 on my Elantra I haven't checked the air pressure when I tanked the last time around as the road's got ravaged by the recent rain's.

LOL, DD you are just hilarious man! No I am not riding on PLASMA smiley36.gif! The ride's gotten quite stiff and handling has improved vastly but I expected even worse but I am pleasantly surprised. I will soon start a thread on my Civic with details

Yes, since we all have our work cut out we rely on complete faith of the service station to do a good and proper job for the same.

I feel that i should take the car to TAFE who are Fiat and Tata Dealers and see what they say.

I have spoken to the GM of My TVS and right from the Regional Manager to the Franchisee Manager have been involved. But looking at the way they have handled this thing, it seems that they are more dependent upon the service station than the other way.

I will check if there are any other good engineers who can help me out with my problem or else if you can give me the numbers or details of good mechanics who can solve the problems, pls do give it to me.

thanks

Its not practical for all of us to be present when our car is being serviced and most of the service centre's will also not allow you to enter the service area. Its all trust you have in the service centre and if something goes wrong then you just have to bear it patiently. Somethings are beyond our control.

True - Insurance regulations prevent the customer from being present on the shop floor.

But its still advisable that you stay and keep watch from a discrete distance if something major needs to be done (especially if you sense something fishy or are going to a particular service station for the first time). Polite but firm questions about the work being done will usually do the trick - if not, then take your business elsewhere.

MASS wanted to replace a perfectly good engine head on my 800. Mahindra A.S.S once put in a used oil filter during a routine oil change. All sorts of weird things happen.

Ok Noted. I am also checking with my source in Delhi on the parts and the availability. I am getting the pics and price. The price quoted by Delhi for the crank sensor is approx Rs. 1200 - 1300 and for the throttle body it is Rs. 5000. But i am planning now just to go ahead with the crank sensor and then giving it to some other service station and get a feedback from them as to what all has been done and whether the amount charged to me is justifiable.

Ram

Service Center Name : Tafe Access

Address :
Trichy Road
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Pincode :641018

Contact Details :
Phone No : 0422-2303318 / 23033
Mobile No : 9344831130
Fax No :0422-4347001
Email : tataservices@tafeaccess.com

I think you should call Tafe for parts and their price as they are the only authorized Tata-Fiat center there.

Service Center Name : Tafe Access 

Address :
Trichy Road
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Pincode :641018

Contact Details :
Phone No : 0422-2303318 / 23033
Mobile No : 9344831130
Fax No :0422-4347001
Email : tataservices@tafeaccess.com

Hi,

Got the Crank Sensor replaced. The car is running smoothly but then there is a problem with regard to the missing which gives jerks but as you press the pedal it starts to run. Any advice on that problem.

Ram