creativebala

Mahindra's powerful & efficient XYLO D2(mDI CRDe)

mahindra-xylo-1.jpg

Mahindra & Mahindra launched XYLO D2, a new variation of its best selling XYLO vehicle which is a new MPV powered by a new 2.5 litre mDI CRDe engine, offering better power and torque than the current version and also a higher level of fuel efficiency at 13 kmpl. The new variant is available at an attractive price of Rs. 630,300 lakh (ex showroom Delhi price) and is available in three colours

Type     4 Cylinder, Turbocharged, Diesel (m-Eagle CRDe)

Displacement     2498cc

Max power     112bhp @ 3800 rpm

Max Torque     24 kgm @ 1800-3000 rpm

How come? The above mentioned are from M&M site and are the power and torque figures of the present Xylo.

The launch of D2, I presume, is to minimize the impact of  Tata's Grande Mark II on sales of Xylo. 

What needs to be looks into specifically, is the claim of 13 kmpl, which I

feel is to stave off Grande's FE. 

If not, I see no reason why they need to introduce this D2 model.

At the heart of the XYLO D2 is the mDI CRDe engine which combines the benefits of both DI and CRDe technology. This technologically superior engine complies with BS 3 emission norms.

Means this Variant will be sold in BS3 Cities Only.

I guess M-Eagle is BS 4 Compliant.
sudeepd2009-12-26 14:06:15

This is a car with Bolero's 2.5 unit if I am not wrong.  Nothing wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, this engine is available in only one variant.  Proves that the taxi market is what this Xylo is aiming at.  Tavera, which till now had almost free run after Qualis was discontinued, will face real heat.  And no amount of cosmetic upgrades will save Tavera.

However, Innova base version is likely to remain very strong competition for this car.  Innova has its own set of positive points and Innova is known to run for more than 2 lakh kms.

I think Mahindra must start offering side impact beams now as the main job this car is going to do is mile munching.  But nevertheless a smart move by Mahindra and Mahidra.  If more variants are made available, then even some private car owners will be interested.