rssh

Open or closed car parking!!!

Well I am seeing some new houses in New mumbai and I ask myself is it really worth to go in for closed car parking .

Pros (open car parking)

The car cools faster as it is in contact with fresh air .

At the time of cleaning the vehicle can be washed easily and we can see if there are any stains left easily .

It cheaper to closed car parksmiley36.gif

Cons

It will get wet in the rains and may lead to faster rusting

It can be a scratchy item for children

Any other thing which can help me make up my mind?smiley4.gif

Fully closed garage is not OK. 

Install a good exhaust, if the garage is fully closed.  This will greatly help to escape CO and other obnoxious gases and heat entering into the house or ante-rooms attached to the garage.

Avoid rolling shutters which are fully closed.  Instead, go in for ventilated-rolling-shutters with see thru facility like those the jewellery shops use.

The best is a well ventilated proper RCC car shed. 

Or, create your own make-shift garage with plastic/cement sheets which can shield the car from rain and heat. 

Ensure that rain and sunlight does not enter from the sides.

Also, ensure that you have sufficient moving space on all sides of the car, and more space to do some maintenance work, if need be.

A big house with a portico long enough to allow 2 cars to be parked below itsmiley4.gif. That'll ensure that its open enough to allow the vehicle to cool down, etc and also makes sure that its not directly exposed to the elements.

One point (at least) in favor of closed parking is that you wouldn't find a layer of dust when you park the car overnight. (helps when you have a black color car)

Alright many favor closed parking but what if the open car parking is one fourth of closed one and its on the podium 1st floor in the compound .

What else I need more point for closed parking so that my dad reads it here and agrees with it.

Closed car parking or parking with Fibre roof are recommended. My parking is with fibre roof and its as safe as closed parking and also allows some sunlight and keeps dust away. Generally fully closed parking are prone to get dirty and rats problem, while i have no such problems.

A) Saving the car from sunlight is most important according to me because of the following.

1) It will fade your dashboard or paint or headlight/tail light etc

2) It will heat your car too much during day and you will not be able to sit in the car unless you roll down the windows and wait for a few min. It will spoil your seat cover specially art leather.

3) A/C will take too much time to cool

4) Am sure you dont want to sweat as soon as you leave from your home fresh

B) Saving it from Rain.

1) First it will save you from getting wet in the rain when you reach home (unless you have a driver to park it for you)

2) They car will soon start rusting

3) This at times may lead to your door locks and windows not functioning properly

4) The gloss on the paint will be washed away too.

Its always better to have a shaded car park which means any where with a roof.

I would not prefer a completely closed car park or a completely open one either. The best is with a roof and open atleast one side or if closed then with good ventelation

I think Cyrus should be given preference for covered parking spaces as his older Fiats need to be protected too! He might have surely protected the more loved ones in his house in garages, but some of them are in the open!

smiley4.gif

The Thing is.. I have currently 4 completely restored Fiats and 4 non restored ones. Out of that, luckily I have three covered Parking spots in Nasik and one in Pune. Unluckily, I have not even a single good parking slot in Bombay. Neither covered or open. I have to park them on the road. So I have been looking out for a few good parking spots in Bombay for my future projects, the Fiat 132 1600 and a Standard 10 if I am lucky...

Well the place is in Kharghar in sector 6 the closed parking cost a wooping 2.5lakhs and podium with stilt one costs 2 lakhs (thus I created this topic). Open is for 50k.

Wow Cyrus..An amazing collection you have got..I hope I start my collection like you some day!

And coming to the topic, I stick to covered car parking (ground floor in apartments) for all the reasons mentioned by my peers