Piku1506

Booked Fiat Punto

Hi, fellow people

I was looking for a small city runabout as it was getting tougher to drive my 2007 Fiesta in traffic. I finally decided to buy a Fiat Punto.

Car

FIAT Punto

Emotion Pack

1.4L Petrol 90 bhp / 11.8 kgm

Exotica Red

Why Punto - I had checked out i10, i20, Getz, Indica Vista, Punto, Ritz and Swift. Stroke out Maruti as the dealership was not up to the mark( I checked out 4 dealers). Hyundai needed 1 month to deliver i10 Sportz and Getz , i10 asta and i20 could take upto 3 months. Dealership was very smooth though. Liked the Indica Vista and Punto. Was Amazed by the space inside the Vista but did not like the complete absence of ABS and Airbags. Dealership experience was smooth. They even offered a test drive of Punto. The driver was crappy and was driving like mad. I complained to the manager and he promised to check about it.

My Head said Vista but my heart screamed for the Punto. After much thinking , settled for a Fiat Punto.

Only grouse was the rear window glass not dropping fully and FIAT ASS.

Will post more once I get delivery.

Enjoy

Congrats Piku, a red Punto looks absolutely ravishing and hot. But the Punto isn't going to make your drive any different from the Fiesta TDCI coz Punto is a big hatch and has big car dynamics. Did you test drive it? I wouldn't choose a Punto to punt around in dense traffic. Punto is anything but a small city runabout.

Durango Dude2010-01-03 09:47:22

Punto is alot easier to drive

3987 mm and 4282 mm sounds almost same but 200 mm makes a lot of difference.

I planned to buy i10 but delivery of i10 Asta needs 3 months while Punto is 8-12 days( as promised )

No , the crappy driver from Fiat drove the car .

I was in the passenger seat and it was much more stable than the i10 I test drove when it was launched

. Stroke out Maruti as the dealership was not up to the mark( I checked out 4 dealers).

Maruti dealership in kolkata is not bad. I felt hyundai dealership is not upto the mark. Congrats on your buy anyways. Its a big car and good ride. But you got it wrong on the service and dealership side. Tata/fiat service is not the best here. Both in terms of quality and reliability. So i hope you dont get into trouble in the long run.smiley1.gif

Spark is a small car while punto is a big hatch. So no comparison. Emotion pack is loaded with features too. But what i am worried about is your long term service quality from tata/fiat service centres which are not at all upto the mark here in kolkata.

You got your car from RD motors ?

Only grouse was the rear window glass not dropping fully and FIAT ASS.

I already said that ASS was a concern.

But the dealership was much better than Maruti.

Maruti ASS is however unmatched. Dealership of Maruti seemed over pressured.

We stood for 15 min. No sign of a salesman. We stood up to leave and we are just walking out when the salesman is shouting at us to stop.

What a nerve. Shouts at the king! smiley3.gif

Machino techno Alipore is one of the best Maruti showroom i know. I dont know which showroom you had been to. But you have too little to do with the dealership once you get your car delivered and registered. After that its all about ASS which is pretty poor. 

@Piku1506

Congrats on your red beauty. This along with white is my favorite colour in Punto. But I will agree with DD. It wont help much. City driving is not only about the length of the car but also about wheelbase and turning radius.

Also I feel that in a big city like Kolkata it is not possible that all the dealers are bad. I would also suggest that you call up some more Hyundai dealers, and enquire about i10. Also I dont know whether you drove i10 1.1 or 1.2 because when I drove the 1.2 it was pretty stable.

Also please note that in this week we will have the Chevy Beat amongst us and that is also great for City driving.

Finally I would sincerely advise you to drive the car by yourself for some km, if possible on the route that you most frequently use.

Though if you are happy with the car, let me not deter you, and again congratulations on the red beauty.

@rahul1810

i already paid the full amount

I drove the i10 1.1 when it was launched.

The dealer could not arrange for a TD

you are correct, the TC of all Fiats are too big

But I find it difficult to imagine the length of the boot and though no accidents have been caused by me , scratches and dings cant be avoided.

Fiesta will be driven by a chauffeur as usual.

I drive fiesta only about a week in a month

another reason for buying another car is for my personal transport.

My son's school give up at 5.00 pm and the car reaches me at 8.00 pm after dropping my son. So even if I finish work I cant go home.

BTW how do you change the profile pics . how to upload it from computer. I just joined today so i dont know anything about the forum