uday09

Hi-Speed Diesel for SWIFT VDI ABS

i have SWIFT VDI ABS and i uses HI SPEED Diseal for my SWIFT VDI ABS, Can any body tell me whether HI SPEED Diseal is good for SWIFT VDI ABS or Not? What are advantages and Disadvantages of using HI SPEED Diseal in SWIFT VDI ABS ?

I think once in a while premium diesel are good because they have additives which burn excessive carbon particles but in the long run you should fill it 1/10 time to regular diesel fuel.

There are no disadvantages if you use hi-speed diesel but if there are no advantages after using it for 4/5 tankfulls then I think you should get back to ordinary diesel and save some money. Advantages in the sense smoother engine, pickup or increased FE.

Thanks RSSH' date=' but could you tell me what are the disadvantages of HI SPEED dieseal if i use it regularly in my SWIFT VDI ABS. [/quote'] Alright all the diesel engine burn fuel by compression so the cetane value of this fuel is slightly more and may give slightly more power and better burning ,this is only small part.

Now the main difference it has smoke carbon buster (soot ko jalane ke liya) these compound burn and oxidise carbon to form CO2 so the carbon deposits are somewhat burnt so spending a premium over the normal diesel is not that much advisable as the carbon deposit rarely and sometimes the additives can block the fuel injector alsosmiley1.gif.

I've noticed many times that common rail engines tend to give out more smoke with premium diesel. It used to happen with my Accent CRDi and happens with my Safari as well. Hence, I always use regular diesel which does the job just fine. Just ensure you fill from a good pump, preferably a company owned and company operated (COCO).

FRG

Current Generation Diesels are far superior to what earlier Common Rail Diesels were,Hence you should try to fill up with quality diesel like HSD or Xtra Mile,these will give out marginally more smoke but at the same time will keep your car's engine better lasting as well as more mileage. Also ensure that the diesel is from a good pump so that there's minimal risk of poor diesel quality and as FRG said COCO preferably always.

BTW...the dealer in tvm told my brother to put ONLY regular diesel in his swift Vdi and not to put additive fuels...like FRG has said because of the smoke issue as per the dealer.

Just fill up at a reputable pump though.!

I am using HSD in my swift and I have clocked nearly 20K kms. No smoke and no issues I have noticed. Engine is quite refined and fine going.There is no reason why some dealers are misguiding customers this way.my dealer here says u cannot use synthetic oil for diesel engines and for petrol its advisable and u can change oil once in 40k kms! Sounds great but it will not work. So don believe ur dealers words fully and keep in touch with ppl who use it regularly..

Thanks for your valuable reply, even the recommended diesel for swift VDI is - Centane no should be greater than 48 and Sulpher content should be less than 500 parts per million. I think normal diesel's centane number is equal or less than 48. so i think HSD or SHEEL hispeed Diesel is better to improve the purformance of Swift VDI DDIS engine.