mehman

Small diesel Car

I wish to buy a small diesel car with the following features

- good mileage within and outside the city with preference to good mileage in city

- decent number of safety features like ABS, Airbags

- prefer the car to have an A/C and music system(FM radio would also do)

- features like power windows, remote locking/opening of the car, etc are not mandatory for me but can be good to have, provided it does not have a major impact on the price.

- car should not be too expensive

Please suggest a small diesel car with the above mentioned features along with the approx price in Mumbai.

You have not indicated the budget: If looking at a lower budget look out for the Diesel PA (sorry i10) which should be coming soon, if you can go higher also look at the Fiesta Diesel. The Swift Diesel is excellent but may have long waiting lists (3 months/LDi, 1 month VDi).

Mehman,

The only car that comes to my mind for your needs is Hyundai Santro Diesel, if the budget is confined. Else, Fiesta would be a good choice.

If you can wait for Diesel Santro, it would would be worth. It won't be as costly as the Swift diesel and is likely to cost a bit upward from the base version of the newely launched Hyundai's i10.

ABS & AIRBAG might be something that you might be missing. But Santro have always come with these as an option because the lower models have been a stripoff from the top version.

Mehman' date='

The only car that comes to my mind for your needs is Hyundai Santro Diesel, if the budget is confined. Else, Fiesta would be a good choice.

If you can wait for Diesel Santro, it would would be worth. It won't be as costly as the Swift diesel and is likely to cost a bit upward from the base version of the newely launched Hyundai's i10.

ABS & AIRBAG might be something that you might be missing. But Santro have always come with these as an option because the lower models have been a stripoff from the top version.

[/quote']

Its not the dIESEL Santro but its diesel i10 it willbe launched next year in 2008 soo till then you got to wait or else go for the Swift Diesel or the Logan Diesel

Cheerssmiley20.gif

oh....so all the pictures that were shown with the small engine in the Santro was indeed meant for testing it for i10?

so no Santro diesel on the way, rite? ...anyway thanks.smiley20.gif

You have not indicated the budget: If looking at a lower budget look out for the Diesel PA (sorry i10) which should be coming soon' date=' if you can go higher also look at the Fiesta Diesel. The Swift Diesel is excellent but may have long waiting lists (3 months/LDi, 1 month VDi). [/quote'] Well sgiitk LDi has 1.5months waiting and VDi has 2 months.

You have not indicated the budget: If looking at a lower budget look out for the Diesel PA (sorry i10) which should be coming soon' date=' if you can go higher also look at the Fiesta Diesel. The Swift Diesel is excellent but may have long waiting lists (3 months/LDi, 1 month VDi). [/quote'] Well sgiitk LDi has 1.5months waiting and VDi has 2 months.

Actually in Karnataka waiting period of LDi is 2 months and VDi minum 3 months,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

the waiting time is almost 3 months or more for the VDi in hyderabad too...? one of my friends went to Varun Motors and asked about the VDi and he said it'll be 6 months.?

i feel that, 6 months waiting will be for the VDi ABS. it will take more time than ordinary diesel swift.

there is another option you can try. use the NRI scheeme to get the delivery faster. transfer certain amount from an NRI account and make the remaining payment by ypurself. the waiting period will be lower

the waiting time is almost 3 months or more for the VDi in hyderabad too...  one of my friends went to Varun Motors and asked about the VDi and he said it'll be 6 months. 

i feel that' date=' 6 months waiting will be for the VDi ABS. it will take more time than ordinary diesel swift.

there is another option you can try. use the NRI scheeme to get the delivery faster. transfer certain amount from an NRI account and make the remaining payment by ypurself. the waiting period will be lower[/quote']

or you could just talk to someone who knows a manager of one of the dealers and try to get it sooner... btw, my friend ( the one who wanted the car) gave up and decided on not buying the car anyway..smiley36.gif...

i feel that, the waiting period on swift diesel will come down soon, when the new engine plant attain full capacity. think suzuki is waiting for the plant to be fully operational, inorder to launch diesel varient of sx4

I doubt that there will be major reductions in the delivery period in the immediate future. There are (or at least used to be till very recently) short waiting lists for the petrol variants (LXi & VXi) as well. So the bottleneck is elsewhere!

ok...thats nice then.... but, that means the company is sure about the delivery in 15 days. the swift diesel waiting period is in months, what're they going to do about that ??? there must be some loophole in that 

smiley20.gifno its doesnot mean that company is sure to deliver it in 15 days but they have dont it soo that they dont loose thier valuable customers, and i need not explain furthur as sumit has explained it very well

Cheers