krish-iitm

i10 Asta 1.2 Manual - Seat belt warning

Hi folks,

I own an i10 Asta 1.2 Manual ( without Sun Roof ), purchased during November 2009. The seat belt warning sign disapprears after a few seconds of switching on the engine, even if you dont wear the seat belt.  As per the product manual the seat belt sign should disappear only after wearing the seat belt.  I also obeserved that, the sign appears and disappears when you unfasten your seatbelt, while the engine is on. I raised thie issue with Service Centre during the first service. They say, it works like this in i10 Asta and nothing is faulty.

I request your advice on this.

i10 Asta owners .. please confirm whether it is normal..

@ creativebala

I can see a cable going from seatbelt fastener.While switching on the engine, the sign appears and disappears after a few seconds, even if the seat belt is not fastened.  Also the sign blinks and goes off when I unfasten the seat belt ( while the ignition is on ). As per the product manual, the sign should disappear only after wearing the seat belt. Hyundai Service Personnel say the device works like this in  Asta 1.2 Manual ( without sunroof ).

Well I own an i20 ASTA and if this feature is mentioned in the booklet then it is provided . When ever the driver or copassenger seat belt is not fastened the car beeps like hell and while on the move if a rear passenger removes the seat belt the cars still starts beeping .

I think your car is fault complain to Hyundai through its website and complain that the service centre is not giving promising reply and then see how they run calling you.

krish, I had also put up same query regarding seat belt. however the seat belt function works in the manner you mentioned. So there is no issue in your car regarding seatbelt.

dear amiti

Are you sure? Does the sign disappear after a few seconds of swicthing on the ignition ( even if the seat belt is not fastened ) ?.. kindly confirm.

If it works like this, it  is a bit ridiculous. Better they could have avoided this feature in i10.

Leave it....sometimes small issues like seat belt blinking are all best left ignored..

The thing is you fasten seatbelt and drive,,,if you take up trivial things like this with service centre...then you will have time for this only

I think there is an option of PM available. The so called problem was identified clearly as normal behaviour, so the topic lost its relevance.

Incidentally I have moved all the discussion here to the old topic and reopened it.

sgiitk2010-01-28 09:13:13

Dear Krish. 

I am 100% sure and did lots of research on this. In India this is the way hyundai has put of working of some features. e.g. No ignition key reminder chime, but the door doesnt get locked if we forget the key inside the car. They call this is ignition key reminder feature.

Hope it helps.

I think there is an option of PM available. The so called problem was identified clearly as normal behaviour' date=' so the topic lost its relevance.

Incidentally I have moved all the discussion here to the old topic and reopened it.
[/quote']

i am one of the member who does not agree with you. I believe that this is the forum of all and not ownership of single.