sarabjeet

Chevy Beat shakes competition with 10,000 bookings

I think lets wait for some months to comment on beats success because even the JAzz had 5k bookings in the first month but now its a failure .

I think GM has got the right click providing good features at lower price is really putting the game forward for GM.

Thats a lot of booking and even GM has started delivering cars. Saw a red Beat today. The greatest advantage that Beat had is the time of the launch. There were no other car to give it a tough challenge. i10,wagonR, Astar and estilo are pretty known and they have been through ups and downs already. Beat is fresh with new everything. So it was worth giving a try. Had the launch coincided with the new Figo or maruti Cervo/WagonR it would not have made this huge sales in the first go. Sweet pricing and timing GM smiley20.gif

That's some booking! I might get one for myself when the deliveries are ready.

Now' date=' suddenly discounts from Hyundai on i10 will start figuring.
[/quote']

How about waiting till MJD arrives, that would be much better and would fetch better mileage/resale right?

Since they own the multijet tech like Fiat, they can Price MJD at just 50k over Petrol as Fiat did, so

What more can GM offer than offering a Beat MJD @ 4.5L? smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifMouthwateringsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

Really the Beat's success is roaring as does the Beat sounds in the TV-Commercial (aka mini-ferrari like)......

Lets Hope & Pray, after looking onto the BEAT petrol version's success, the GM might not delay the MjD for too long, very much like the tooooo........delayed Diesel powered i10 CRDi here.............. 

Very happy to see the Beat getting of to such a great start but we wont know the real story for another couple of months. every ccar gets good initial response due to the new interest it has invoken i consumers. Hopefully it will maintain a position in the top 10 selling cars monthly list.

I saw a green one a few days back and I must say the car has fantastic street presence. Seems to be worth every penny. Go Beat!!!

Hi Guys

I think Beat will do very well in future.

As said by asethi it is really worth every penny.

I have recently checked it and was fantastic.

Especially the quality of Interiors as well as Exteriors.

Tough the sound quality from those factory fitted speakers is below average it's good for it's price.

I have decided to recommend it to my grandfather.

So there is another 10001 Beat here in my home. 

I have decided to recommend it to my grandfather.

So there is another 10001 Beat here in my home. 

Hi Neeraj, Your Grand father should be really old right (as you are 47), so he most probably won't drive. Do have a look @ Figo/ Vista as back seats are pretty spacious. Beat's back seat is Claustrophobic. You may also consider Ritz/ upcoming Wagon-R

Hi Neeraj' date=' Your Grand father should be really old right (as you are 47), so he most probably won't drive.

[/quote']

@CB:

You got that wrong brother. YOB of Neeraj is 1995. So his grandfather may enjoy the success.

@dr_nishu :

True, it sounds like a mini ferrari. I would have expected that exhaust note in a punto ad. Hyundai CRDi would be costly. Lets hope that MJD is cheaper.

sb-alto2010-02-04 15:09:56

I am happy to note that Beat is on it's winning way with a good start.

Let us hope the vehicles live up to the reputation and hype created.

I wish the Beat does not go the Jazz way.

Those who are waiting and are yet to book may now hasten up a bit.

I understand that the invitation price of Beat is on for only the first 6 months (i.e only upto May).  So, make up your mind and pay up to book your Beat.

But, wait till you see the price of Figo. 

Lets Hope & Pray' date=' after?looking onto?the BEAT petrol version's success, the GM?might not delay?the?MjD?for too long, very much like the tooooo........delayed?Diesel powered i10 CRDi here..............?[/quote']

GM is busy in making the Talegaon( or is it Ranjangaon? ) plant ready where the 1 liter MJD will be produced. I think by December we will get Diesel one. Meanwhile, Hyundai is delaying the launch of i10 diesel as Hyundai will have to import it from Korea and importing the engine means the buyer has to shell out more money. So they figuring a viable solution. But I think they will launch it soon, earlier than Beat, to cash the opportunity.

I am very happy to see that Beat has got a good initial response and hopefully it will turn out to be one of the best selling hatchbacks.

I did check out the Beat and almost bought it. It's a very good car with no major flaw.It looks great,has the best in class interiors,refined engine and good legroom. The best part is the pricing which is spot on.

1.3 MjD + the New Beat = A Killer Package, really..........

It'll really rock man.

Now what'll be more interesting to see is In which state of tune the GM launches the 1.3 MjD ?    (In the Tata or Fiat or Maruti's tone or some more style of performance is possible from that engine !!)

1.3 MjD + the New Beat = A Killer Package' date=' really..........

It'll really rock man.

Now what'll be more interesting to see is In which state of tune the GM launches the 1.3 MjD ?    (In the Tata or Fiat or Maruti's tone or some more style of performance is possible from that engine !!)
[/quote']

GM must tune it's 1.3MJD to  level i.e nearer to the performance of Swift.

Cause out of Tata,Fiat and Suzuki,Suzuki is the one who has utilised the engine well even it is not completly designed by it.

IMHO, GM can just produce VGT 1.3L only, as even though, its slightly costlier, when it is shared across variants, it can prove worthy, and Beat will become a Pocket rocket considering its power/weight ratio. Later on, they can remove a pot and put it in Spark & Beat as cheaper versions.