coolboy007

Fiat Linea - ECU blown?

@coolboy: It only point's to one thing: the FIAT service is illtrained. For things like this there must be an algorithm to go about it. A good neighbourhood auto eletrician would have set it right. I think FIAT needs to do better than that to gain customer confidence.

smiley32.gif?I am releived that it was very miner problem and nothing major as perceived earlier.

All is well that ends well.

Yeah' date=' ALL IZ WELL!!!!

It was a minor problem and they rectified it and brought smile to my face and thats what matters, i got my car allright and i dont care about anything now.

Congratulations Coolboy & kudos Fiat. I hope Fiat keeps up the good work & this will go a long way in building the brand name & image.

Thanks BornFree, yeah KUDOS to Fiat for solving the issue so professionaly and smoothly. It has really improved my confidence in this company, am assured that now if any issue crops up, FIAT will go out of the way to help me in every way they can.

It only point's to one thing: the FIAT service is illtrained. For things like this there must be an algorithm to go about it. A good neighbourhood auto eletrician would have set it right. I think FIAT needs to do better than that to gain customer confidence.

Why do you think FIAT has illtrained its mechanics when everyone feels the other way, let me make some things clear to you:

1. Acc to JV between TATA and FIAT, FIAT only plays the role of a manufacturer and TATA takes complete care of service support and its TATA which isnt doing its job properly.

2.Which other company would perform a real time diagnosis at its plant? Which CEO has time to reply to a normal customer's complaints personally?

This job has boosted my confidence in FIAT to great heights, the enthusiasm with which whole FIAT top brass intervened deserves applauds.

The SA also told me that the issue wasnt so easy to find, the ECU examiner was showing CANBUS failure and there are 3 CANBUS in Linea and it would have taken them atleast 2 days to check the whole wiring and setting of 3 CANBUS. FIAT technical team called the TASS and told them to check FUSE box and voila that was it, poor guy removed tons of fuses from everywhere and put them back and same thing for wires.

I had asked Hyundai S.Vidya guys to call me when they get the washer motor as the one in my Santro had blown off, i got no response. I mailed to Hyundai and got no response which is irritating, i learnt that Hyundai now forwards all mails to dealer and closes complaints but thats OT now.

For Scorpio- Mahindra never contacts but mechanics do find the faults and rectify.

I have 3 cars and the service i get from FIAT is best of the lot, the other two being Hyundai and Mahindra.

Quote"Why do you think FIAT has illtrained its mechanics when everyone feels the other way, let me make some things clear to you:

1. Acc to JV between TATA and FIAT, FIAT only plays the role of a

manufacturer and TATA takes complete care of service support and its

TATA which isnt doing its job properly.

2.Which other company would perform a real time diagnosis at its plant? Which CEO has time to reply to a normal customer's complaints personally?

This job has boosted my confidence in FIAT to great heights, the

enthusiasm with which whole FIAT top brass intervened deserves

applauds"Unquote.

If your happy that's what matter's.smiley32.gif

Impressive performance by FIAT in handling the complaint. Dedication showed by the CEO and the staff is really comendable. Hopefully all customers get similar response for their compaints.

But the sad part is that me and my family have owned cars from Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Suzuki and Ford but never have had to deal with an issue so serious. I personally cant even remember a problem bigger than replacing clutch plates of my 4 year old Accent. I think its a quality issue that FIAT and TATA need to rectify more than anything else. It is pretty much the only thing holding customers like me back from buying otherwise excellent products. But slowly but surely I expect such issues to be resolved.

I personally cant even remember a problem bigger than replacing clutch plates of my 4 year old Accent. I think its a quality issue that FIAT and TATA need to rectify more than anything else. It is pretty much the only thing holding customers like me back from buying otherwise excellent products. But slowly but surely I expect such issues to be resolved.

asethi' date='

Yups, some quality issues are there which needs to be ironed out, in my case it was only my bad luck that a fuse went loose which is almost impossible as they are damn tight and can be pulled out by only a plier. Still FIAT should make QC more stringent. Newer lots of Linea have way better plastics and no chrome strips falling off.

Congrats Coolboy,

Thanks CB, it was a small issue but had big effects, was ironed out nicely.

Parhaps, the most impressive story(post) I have read in Autocarindia & BHP.

Coolboy@ this post was like a movie for me as I read all the posts at one-go.

First the happy owner, then the problems, later even more problems, after a while the entry of the villain (DD) & lastly a happy ending.

Very entertaining and nail bitting at the same time.smiley32.gif

I've been reading all posts related to linea here(Autocarindia), cause my very close friend owns one, has crossed 25k in less than 6 months, very roughly used, always loaded with atleast 5-6 people and completely filled with luggage and hitting the highway twice every week, scraping the horrible roads along the Bangalore - Hassan highway & not to forget the not so good Hassan roads.

We have no complaints and enjoy every single drive of it.

FIAT is not for everyone !