FuelRunGod

Swift 1.2 K-Series Test Drive Report

Does the Swift have seat hight & steering rake adjustment in any of the variants? I know Lx doesn't have these.

I did feel the need for both these features in my car to get comfy. behind the wheel.

@BF,

Only Swift's ZXi variant comes with the Tilt Steering & Height Adjustable Driver's Seat features meant for the Driver Comfort.

But if you want it in your old car, the Best Idea is to get your Swift's Driver Seat replaced with One having the Height Adjustment feature in it from M.A.S.S.

But It seems to be a costly affair, but if you want a cheaper method for this- Take a piece of foam (from the Seat Cover Maker or A Sofa maker) & place it under the Driver's seat cover or Another very Cheap option for this is to place a small pillow of desired thickness/height on the Driver's Seat.

It does seem Maruti is making more of a profit on the Swift than before. And like someone said, the Figo's prices could force Maruti into a price revision. I'd say wait for the Figo and watch that space! smiley2.gif

FRG
FuelRunGod2010-02-06 05:17:39

@Nishu, are you sure about ZXi having tiltable steering & seat height adjust?

Also, does the diesel have these goodies?

Yeah, I agree with FRG, Figo & Beat should push Maruti to correct the prices of some of its models.

Thanks, that's a shocking omission on the diesel then.

Got this from their site: For petrol model

Tilt steering

x-reddot.jpg

x-reddot.jpg

variantspetrol_clip_image001_0000.gif

Driver seat height adjuster

x-reddot.jpg

x-reddot.jpg

variantspetrol_clip_image001_0000.gif

Its glaring to see these comfort features missing on the diesel variant because consumers are expected to high mile the diesel so comfort should be a priority.

yesterday had been to two dealers forget about the test drive they did not even have any k Series swift vehicles in thier showroom for display either,when i asked them about the ZXI waiting period they said about 4-5 weeks.I saw some dezire being given delvery which were the older ones BSIII ones and not BSIV,it seems maruti is clearing thier older stock first before they actually start delivering BSIV ones.With so much of waiting i think i should wait for the Polo to arrive which may force maruti to reduce thier prices.

Bad luck sanjay but swift 1.2 has hit the showrooms. Spotted a demo car written "New Swift". A friend of mine booked one Vxi and will get the car delivered in 3-4 weeks. You can check by looking at the engine and you will find a different air filter box. Not like the previous swift's long 2 box. 

@Sanjay & sb-alto,

I've seen the New K-series powered Swift 1.2 petrol on this 2nd feb at a Maruti Dealer-Max Autos, in a Non-Metro Average City-Sangrur(in Punjab).

And you guys even being in the Metro cities were not getting a chance of its first look, forget about the TD.

Surprisingly, I asked him about its Booking & Waiting Period and the salesman replied that this car is Readily-Available now for its delivery, all they need at that Time was just the 1-2 hrs for its PDI(Pre-delivery Inspection) as the car was just unloaded from the Trailer, max a hour or two before i seen it.

@Dr_nishu

Swift has hit Kolkata last week. It is present in all showrooms here. TD is also available. I dont understand why Sanjay is facing such trouble in Mumbai. Delay in delivery in my friends case was due to lack of Vxi ABS. Others are easily available, though ZXi 's waiting period is a bit more.