anjan_c2007

THE LOW PROFILE SUZUKI ACCESS

The 125 cc Suzuki Access scooter has been launched. The launch has been low key. Being a 100% Japanese owned company Suzuki in India should do well. Whats your view about the Access vis a vis the Honda Activa its main competitor? 

i have seen the test drive report on a local channel..looks good.... they claim about 53-58kmpl on test. hope it will bring the fortunes to suzuki. hope that the telescopic front suspension will provide good ride comfort and control.

i feel that, it is a better product than activa. but heard that, honda is readying new activa ... so the go wont be that easy...

Suzuki does not seem to have much success in the 2 wheeler space after the break up with TVS. Even the bikes like heat and zeus are not too popular. They need to bring in more models.

Dont worry Rajeev , with the Access i am sure Suzuki will have success and we are yet to see some great models from the suzuki , and hope heat and zeus Getz a very great Suzuki CHARM!

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Its good to see another scooter in the market, but the Suzuki Access have not really made it to my heart for me to Buy one!

I am really waiting to buy one the moment a really good one arrives in the market. Even AutoCar guys aren't interested in 2-wheelers and definetely not in scooters. I posted a question in AAA, but not a single reply came from the informed (if at all) guys.

pardon me for hijacking the thread. But I have a soft corner for this Yamaha for its retro looks. But i want some modification. It's shame none of the Good scooters (i mean overall good package in looks as well) in the international market makes it to India.

Yamaha Vino125

08_vino125_blue_1_9235e54f.jpg

I particularly like its side covers. Excellent!

Exhaust pipe need to be re-routed (biggest problem with scooter on

pothholed roads) and the silencer can be raised a bit more. A boxy

piece like that of Honda Activa would be fine.

08_vino125_blue_2_cd3acf74.jpg

Transmission case can be raked up a bit more to increase the ground clearance.

Saddle length need to be increased. Else ladies sitting side-on won't have much place to sit.

08_vino125_blue_3_4f66ec0d.jpg

Headlamps could be integrated with the steering assembly. It would give the scooter a balanced look.

The exhaust pipe can be seen to good effect from this angle. The main stand assembly does seems to have a protective stance. But still, run over a pothhole and the first to take the hit from the sides mostly would be the exhaust pipe.

08_vino125_blue_4_334e9e4f.jpg

Now, the question remains......will these scooters ever come to India??....

Will AUTOCAR be kind enough to do some article to get the Yamaha guys get interested in the Indian market with their scooter. smiley2.gif

BKing2007-11-16 21:04:44

WHAT?????????????........

I don't know if the Vino 125 is going to get launched. I just posted the Vino 125, beacuse i liked its looks and firmly believe with some modification, it would be a real good seller with the matured customers and younger guys as well.

I wish there was a remake of the old ones with auto-transmission, fuel injection, etc ...

Lambretta,

LML Supremo (arguably the best looking scooter from the LML stable, though power just 6bhp or something. But had very short span because it came near to the end of the LMLs life)

Vijay Super (wow what a machine it was, probably the most powerful on the road at that time. 2-stroke, 9.5bhp. My dad really liked it and after selling his first he again bought the same one. It was also the scooter on which i horned all my skills as to how to rip a scooter apart, though putting it back was as usual Very difficult)

Bajaj (gawd....it never inspired me.)

which pic are u asking...the Vijay super stuff?

if thats want u want, you will be disapointed as I don's have any 80s picture (Kinetic honda replaced it when it arrived), but picture of the remaining part of the scooter will have to be taken. It has been rusting in my old house for over 15 years now.

Vijay Super was manufactured bt Scooters Indian Ltd, if i remember correctly.

What  a poor scooter for a company like Suzuki to make. I expected a much better model from such a famnous Japanese champion. Also, look at the price of the Access. It is highway robbery......the Access gets a big smiley21.gif