dr_nishu

Zen Estilo 1.1 vs ESTILO 1.0 k

Which one is better ??  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better ??

• Zen Estilo 1.1l F10D engined
    • ESTILO 1.0 k-series

Hi friends,

As everybody know that Zen in its Estilo avatar earlier came with 1.1l or 1061cc F10D engine from the Wagon-R till its BS-III variants but before the Introduction of BS-IV here, MSIL launched its 1.0 litre, 3-cylinder K-series engined version to comply with BS-IV & to boost its sales.

So, it has been long time since the latter arrived, so finally I want compare its Actual Long-term or Ownership report from members here, who may be are its Owners or the Neighbours/Friends to the Owners or Anyhow have driven both of them.

estilo.jpgMaruti-Suzuki-Estilo2-300x244.jpg

So friends, Comment or reply on this here..

(The main Idea for creating this Poll is to compare the Actual-World difference in the Performance, Reliabilty/Ownership to compare the India's proved & Successful F-series vs new-gen K-series engines.)
dr_nishu2010-04-26 14:55:41

New Estilo for me.

IMHO new Estilo is competent enough for the competition now.

The poor gear shift of the old Estilo was a major let-down. Now since they have improved the looks, engine, gear shift, interiors and suspension I think there is no reason why it should not sell in good numbers.

The sales have improved to around 5-5.5k after the facelift. And now I feel that the sales should increase further, since the new Wagon R being launched.

The old Wagon R was the major hindrance to the Estilo sales, since it came at the similar price as the Estilo and was an already proven car.

Now since the improved features and obviously the price increase for Wagon R make sure that it is more of a competition to i10 and Beat than to Estilo.

The main competitors for Estilo now are Santro and Spark and I feel Estilo overall  is the better car of the lot.

Think A-star will remain as a niche car for those who want performance car at a tight budget, especially for College students and bachelors.

carispassion2010-04-26 21:35:03

The sales have improved to around 5-5.5k after the facelift. And now I feel that the sales should increase further' date=' since the new Wagon R being launched.[/quote'] With new WR in the market, will there be any taker for Estilo.

If MSIL wants to play safe, it needs to strip down Alto & Estilo and make Alto as M800 and price it in M800 range and price estilo @ Altos price. Only this would make both the cars to fly offshelves

There is no reason for one to consider the older Zen Estilo. The new model is the new benchmark. Its got a great engine and upgraded styling and interiors. The sales as carispassion has already mentioned is steadily growng but I do not know how the new WagonR will impact sales of Estilo hereafter.

Yes. true. we have you wait and see the Wagon R effect on Estilo.

On the positive side though Wagon R is more expensive than Estilo by 10-20k considering the discounts.

Also there are a few public who are hardcore fans of beige interiors. I will be in the other group since I feel that beige interiors are very difficult to keep clean.

I think the Old generation Estilo may be a good choice in the used car market. It will be slightly cheaper than a used wagon R. 

carispassion2010-04-28 02:09:48