ujwal29

Ikon Steering (1.4 TDCI)

Hi,

I have been using the Ikon (1.4 TDCI) for a year now. I'm unhappy with the position of the steering wheel. For tall ppl like me, 5'11' , the thighs touch the steering wheel quite often. Hence , I have to press the clutch/brake in an awkard angle leading to leg pain sometimes.

1) Can anyone tell me if there is an option of lifting up the steering wheel a bit ( moving the steering wheel a bit upward , which is connected to the steering rachet ) by 1inch or so?

2) If the above is not possible, is it possible to get a tilt steering for the same? and how much does it cost? Is it worth getting doing these changes?

Rgds,

Ujwal

Hi, i don't think you can do anything with the steering. However you can check it with ASS. Try to stretch your seat bit backward, so your legs will fold lesser than earlier position and hence steering will not touch your knees/thigh. All the best.

Driven Ikon lot of times but due to my 5.6 ft height I never felt such problem but It always seems that a person slightly tall than me'll feel that Glitch ! And you are the Proof ujwal.

Fitting Tilt-Steering or changing Steering height isn't possible as due to High floor & Low-Roof line- they both gives it a Narrow tube-like cabin with just-fitting arrangement of Interior parts like Dashboard, etc.

And Lifting the Steering wheel-up just add to the Complications.

So, nivkint above told the best & cheapest way to Overcome this, i.e: to stretch your seat bit backward.

Didn't you test drive the car before buying it? Anyways, try getting the seat moved like everyone suggested.

Also check if one of the variants comes with a height adjustable drivers seat. You might be able to swap seats to the height adjustable one.

Hi dtandon,

There is just a single variant for the ikon. We cannot have height adjustable seats are there is absolutely no place for that. I had taken a test drive before buying, but it felt different then :). If any more options are there, pls let me know.

Thanks in advance.

hey ujwal, I own an ikon zxi. I found the same issue. I overcame this by setting the seat height adjust to the minimum. If this is offered in your model try doing this as well as moving the seats a little backwards. Also,if your car doesn't has it, no issues, check out with any of the Ford workshops, they must be having the kits.....