doesnt the micra look small' date=' old and girlish to everyone here?[/quote']

To be frank, I had the same feeling when the original Zen was launched by Maruti.  I thought who would go in for such a funny `bean' car.  And, I was proved wrong.

Again, I had the same funny feeling when they have launched Swift.  Another funny looking car (at least, for me...).  Again, I was proved wrong.

So, what's the moral of the story ?

Micra may even be a bigger success than the above two cars.

Who knows !!!!!!

I feel Micra is a great car but I have to agree with winner here. Even, I am not too impressed with its looks. Everythign else about the car makes it seem very capable.

As far as its success goes, no one in this entire world can ever predict how a car will fare in the Indian consumers head. There have been some suprise hits and some shocking failures. Anything is possible.

1.5 ltr diesel engine will not have the excise benefits as compared to a 1.4 ltr diesel engine. I am guessing that price of Micra diesel will be much higher.

A slightly over 1500 cc diesel engine can be made to come under 1500 cc by reducing bore and stroke. Being a small hatch there won't be that much of a power deficit.

Of the two cars you have mentioned, Figo is better in terms of driveability as it is a lighter machine than punto and both are outputting around similar figures.

Although, punto in itself is a very good car and has some strong aspects like ride is very composed with good road manners..