abhigtr

15,000+ kms service on fiat punto

smiley4.gif first and fore most i would like to give a hats off to tata-fiat . On Friday 7/5/2010 had dropped my punto for service as it had covered exactly 15,000kms and the manager in-charge at CONCORD MOTORS SERVICE CENTER (KOTTIVAKAM) had told us only to come when the 15k kms are covered and just did that as told . I am definitely impressed with their service that i got for my punto . The service team there require a great thanks for the patience they took in repairing my car and getting it back into a brand new look.they sought to that all my problems right from the clutch to gear wear all sought out .the only fact was they charged us 6785RS for changing the brake oil,engine oil .I dont understand why they charged me for such a premium for oil . they gave me the car back on 10/5/2010. and my word the car looked like i was taking delivery of a new punto .polished to give a shiny look and wheel alignments were done .they gave us a set of floor mats that matched for punto free of charge .

This goes to show how fiat has improved its dealer -service network.Who told that fiat dont provide proper service for their cars .Think again those who had a bad impression on fiat and not prepared to buy their cars owing to dealer-service network .

would post images soon of my punto ....... smiley4.gif

I am deeply sad that even hyundai(KUN HYUNDAI) nor chevrolet(SUNDARAM MOTORS) had done like this service on my i20 and cruze .They did not even bother to look at the problems i and my dad pointed out on the faulty issues needed to be repaired .It was like as if i kept my two cars in a garage and taking it back later after two days .and my god my i20 looked so dirty and shaby when i took it from the service center they didn't bother to do a car wash and polish.

why don't you guys share your views on giving your car for its first service and your views. It would be great to hear them.

@abhi : Brand of Oil is mentioned ? Rs 685 is no big deal. Castrol GTX 3 litre costs around Rs700 and its mineral. So I must say that it is cheap for a full synthetic oil. 

@Abhigtr: Good to hear that FIAT is going the whole hog in giving you a good service experience; as mentioned before, try HMP service in Ekkaatuthangal for your i20 (they have never let me down in the last 10 years).

Happy to hear your nice experience with the Fiat service. Even I am getting good feedback about the TAFE service centre here in Coimbatore from my friends. However, one of my friend had very bad experience at Kulathumkal Fiat (I think the name is correct) at Trivandrum( My friend's home town). The brake fluid level was just below the Min mark after 15k service. Even the clutch oil drained out causing trouble, though it was rectified at TAFE coimbatore.

6000 odd bucks for first service is too much.....the first service costs that much then what will be the billing of subsequent services ????? it goes to show fiat is heavy on pocket.....intrestingly thats what i paid 6800 bucks for my corolla's 40,000 km service with break pads changed !!!!

After a long time its good to be back in the forum smiley1.gif . but now i am generally having a serious problem with the service center (CONCORD MOTORS-KOTTIVAKAM) smiley7.gif gave my punto for it service break at 30,000km and you guys know what its been in the service center for 15 days i just don't know what to do .They give ridiculous reasons that a few parts in the turbo need to be changed and they don't have stock.complained to fiat care and they don't do a better job either .my dad is so fed up he has decided to sell the car come march not even a year has completed that my dad has decided to sell such a beauty .The car has been giving problems for quiet a few days now like constant emission of smoke ( close to the ones old diesel cars make),more noise than usual,plastics just come out. I am no longer a fiat fan that i was. we decided to get the renault fluence soon as it releases and my dad never hopes to go for a fiat-tata product ever that has what the mindset has been after the faulty problems with the car and service center .Fiat will never improve smiley19.gif