arreddyy

Breaking News !

Tata Indica Vista EVX strikes twin gold in Brighton to London Future Car Challenge

No, this not another story about a concept car. Our home grown Tata Indica Vista EVX managed to score twin gold in first Royal Automobile Club (RAC) Brighton to London Future Car Challenge. Indica Vista Electric variant was  developed by Tata

Nissan Motor India today inaugurated its first field quality centre and training facility in the country at its manufacturing plant at Oragadam, near here.

Following the establishment of the field quality centre (FQC), the company -- which is a subsidiary of Japan's Nissan Motor Company -- hopes to achieve a better understanding of customer needs so it can build vehicles that garner a higher level of customer satisfaction. At present, Nissan sells models such as the X-Trail, Teana and Micra in India.

This is the seventh such facility set up by the Japanese auto major globally, which will help achieve its "Fix it right the first time" mantra.

Dear Sir / Madam ,                        

Myself Manish , from mumbai ,  as most car enthusiast , i am also follower of ur episodes / articles from a long time . i humbly request u industry experts to go through this   e -mail and help in changing things going around, hope so this will change ur review for the company. like most of the confused customers which hatchback to buy , i referred to ur articles and finally decided to buy a VW POLO , i visited VW Downtown Mumbai showroom ,and asked sales executive how do u compare ur car against the competition , for which he replied , " Sir ur buying a German Technology : Volkswagen Standard " and i decided to be a proud owner of my 4th car POLO ,petrol comfortline variant,  on 23rd nov , i booked my car with reference no .AL - 1671 and a booking amount of Rs . 82,657/ -. after a few days they asked me for booking accessories, for which they gave me a price list , of VW approved genuine car accessories , which had 4 kenwood music system and small door speakers mentioned , i replied i would not be interested in this system as i am used to hearing Pioneer music system , with 5 way speakers, past 10 years ,so now hearing small door speakers is no fun at all !!

After further insisting enquiry i got a Shocking reply that " if i dont get it fitted from the showroom , my car Warranty will lapse ", ( have U heard something like that from any other car manufacturer) , for which  i asked for a demo but the showroom had no set-up, for which i said u have 5-6 polo comfortline deliveries why dont u show me one , and none of the car had a music system installed. so i visited local accessories market at milan subway , santacruz , where there were 8-10 polo owners getting their car equipped with various music system , speakers , woofers .... when i asked a few about this warranty lapse issue ... no one had a clue / information about this ( the shop owners replied we have fitted 100's of polo's with various electronic accessories ) ... which makes me sure there are 1000's of owners who have no idea that their Cars Warranty has Lapsed Already ! when i enquired about the specified kenwood models at this stores , who some are Authentic certified kenwood dealers , u get this same models at 50 % lesser price than that of the showroom,with proper bill n 1 year warranty ,  Shockingly there is a further 20%- 30% higher price difference between the VW mumbai dealers ( Prabhadevi - Santacruz - Thane ) as well for most of the same other Polo genuine accessories list as well , where Downtown Mumbai is charging the highest , dont understand when Accessories are pre- approved by company than why not the price for the same ? which made me think than what about the spare parts prices of the car ?

I visited the showroom again , and asked why is it so , for which the reply was this is our fixed price , its upon u to decide . i than asked for a price list of car spare parts, which hesitatedly he gave me after 10 - 20 mins , i was delighted to see such a low prices for spare parts , and said than the car is best in its class ! after 2 days i enquired in the showrooms workshop about the spare parts list , i was in a state of bigger shock to find out , i was highly Mislead n Cheated by the showroom , when came to know the prices in the price list provided to me n many other fellow car owners , is not even 30%- 40% of the actual spare parts prices !!!! for example clutch plate is quoted as rs. 2161 /- where as workshop authorized person tells me its minimum rs. 10,000 /- to rs. 12,000 / - ( labour charges extra ) . shock absorber - rs 2022 /- , front suspension rs 1690 / - ,.... etc etc !

Finally seeing the unprofessional things going around i decided on 1st dec, to cancel my booking and so informed my sales executive and e- mailed them as they said , for which they said it takes 4-5 days for cancellation. from 7th day after my repeated follow ups , the reply was it will take another 2 days, n so on ,Frustatedly i finally complained the Customer care department of the company with my refrence no CAL 3962 , for which their reply was " Sir ur complain will be dealt with higher priority level by our higher authority be rest assured on immediate basis , u will receive a call from us in next 24 hours " , now i kept follow up with them n finally got through their higher authority Mr. Altaf no 9004343279, whom i spoked to once , and than next 4 days he did not take my call nor did he called back . nor did anyone else from the company !! Finally got my cheque back on 23rd dec .

IF this is a kind of VW standards which deals with customer complaints at priority and higher authority level , with such a small customer base , still in their establishing stage, and i faced so much of problems and difficulty in just 1 month of just booking of the car , God help those car owners who will go through so much of problems with the car itself , the high prices of the spare parts and the untimely horrible unprofessional after sales service !!! U can check for urself things going around , correct me if i am wrong ! awaiting for your guidance ur reply , if you find this fit for printing kindly let me know when ...  i am doing this for helping company to know whats going around , so that they may improve themselves if they want to be in a competition !!!!

Thanking You in advance ,

MANISH .

@cool_msm: Cool down. Welcome to the forum.

What manufacturers now demand is that the wiring loom should not be disturbed (i.e., cut). So good after market chaps insert a loom and wire the music system into that. This way the original wiring is not disturbed.

Really shocked and sad about your story. They were trying to cheat you and they planned to see a high profit within a short period. lol. thats the truth. And volkswagen is now a standard and guarenteed manufacturer among the whole world. I think, only our indians are spoiling the name with their untidy works. Talk like a professional to them, never say ok for anything. Cross question them, and talk like an knowledgeble person. otherwise, whereever you go, you may need to find these kinda probs especially in india.

-dinesh

(always the racer wins atlast)

@manish - The dealerships are run by industrialist whose main income is from there factories not selling or servicing vehicles , so this attitude is not new.

Also remember not installing their specified stereo/accessories voids warranty is practiced by all manufacturers not by VW only.Why don't you send a complaint to  THE MONOPOLIES AND RESTRICTIVE TRADE PRACTICE COMMISSION.

Bit OFF Topic

The Indian Trader mentality never seizes to amazing me. They stoop so low to deprive Farmers of their basic right, overcharge customers , fleece them , now not even returning your booking amount!Long Live Great Indian Trader!

Hi dear just wanted to ask that i want to go for purchasing and sx4 is there any possibility of? a new model to be launched in the near future

Hello

There is Going to be a Diesel SX4 launched in Mid 2011 and it is (expected) with 105-bhp from a 1.6-litre oilburner DDis (Expected). After using the Fiat 1.3l multijet engine for its Swift and Swift Dzire, Maruti will continue to use the DDiS engines.

Mods: Please correct me if i am wrong with the information.

Spied: Honda Jazz Facelift

These are the first pictures of a facelifted Honda Jazz on test, spotted by our reader Kunal Teotia. The spy pictures show a taped up front end which reveals the facelift would include an updated front profile with new bumpers, grille and revised headlamps.

However the Jazz facelift in other markets comprises of revised tail-lamps with LED bulbs too but the test-mule spotted in India had the current-generation tail-lamps and there were no changes spotted at the rear end.  

For other markets, the engine, a 1.2-liter unit remains unchanged, although small tweaks have been carried out to improve fuel consumption. Other mechanical revisions include new suspension settings - claimed by Honda to

I expect it to be out by June being publicised as a 2 year anniversary update. Expect better equipment levels and pricing as Honda gears up to implements the lessons it has learnt hopefully, and the launch its assault on the market with Brio!

POLO mint with a hole .... VW POLO hole in ur purse ; )))

Nowadays see many POLO with no VW logo ..... so tried to find out how much does it cost to the owners .... and it is a whopping Rs 1600 / - , Gosh how much they will charge for the other spare parts then !

@COOL

yup logos have always been on the expensive side, are you talking about the Boot logo? because they open up the boot so can be expensive

He is mentioning the front logo only.Its a bit expensive. What i feel is having a company logo on the car adds to its beauty but at the same time it provides a free advertisement to manufacturer also. I hope VW will provide logo's free of cost to such theft victims as it has done in other contries.

hey @mahen.jnk,

Its Maruti we are talking about ;)I don't think that they want to let go of the old Swift. I wouldn't be surprised if they do away with the features and re-introduce it with a price-cut

:)

Just want to share with you guys that there is some leak in HONDA 's booking system. Your email address is shared.

Here's a Fraud email I received after booking Honda CITY and using my email address in the booking form :

--
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd"
Plot No. A-1, Sector 40/ 41
Surajpur-Kasna Road
Greater Noida Industrial Development Area
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar
U.P. 201 306
FREE Fax:27 (0)86 538 6603
hondcars60@gmail.com

This Email is to inform you that you have Emerge the
Beneficiary of a Brand New HONDA CR-V CAR and a Cash
Amount Of Six Indian Lahks (600.000.00INR) Reply with
your ID:HON3134UVM, Full name , Mobile Number and Country
Claim.

Regards,
Matthew Singh
Honda promotions India

==========================================

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD. You can identify the
email as fraud by seeing the sender uses a FREE GMAIL
a/c. The address/phone numbers are fake and does not
belong to HONDA SIEL.

This post is just a reminder to not fall prey to
this spamster.

BornFree2011-02-17 16:02:30

India and japan have signed a free trade agreement. For automobile industry  elimination of duties in auto parts such as diesel engines and gear boxes would be done over a period of 10 years.

Furthermore many products imported from Japan would see duty reduction of upto 97% over the next 5-10 years. Expect cheaper TVs, gadgets etc.

Read More here:http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/india-japan-target-25-bn-trade-by-%5C14/425494/