garg.vineet1

New petrol car: Under 4.5 lac

Hi All

I am looking to buy a new petrol car with a budget of not more than 4.5 Lac. I did TD for Figo, Punto and i10 yesterday and now need to decide between Figo Zxi (petrol) and Punto 1.2 active.

Driving point of view I just loved Punto during TD, it felt solid and handled pretty well. With Figo I felt a little lag in pick up but amzingly smooth gears.

However, since both Ford & Fiat are famous for diesel engines (at least in indian market), I am not sure about buying a petrol car from them. Can you pls comment about petrol engine being used by these cars?

Please help me decide in these two.

Important point is that for both Ford and Fiat, nearest service center is about 60 Km from my place, so i will ideally love to not go to workshop except for mandatory service. :)

Need you help

Regards

Vineet

For a petrol go for the Beat or the i10 . You rightly said that Ford and Fiat are known for diesel engines also the cars are heavier and engine aren't as powerful so they have low performance.

I agree with all,

but i10 and ritz are pretty old now.

consider beat, as it is latest and will retain better value.

Also consider figo 1.2 . It's petrol engine is smooth and will do the city job effortlessly.

Added advantage with both cars is that they are relatively new and feature list of figo includes features which even some of the bigger cars are not offering..

so, IMO it's beat or figo for you...

I agree with all' date='

but i10 and ritz are pretty old now.

consider beat, as it is latest and will retain better value.

Also consider figo 1.2 . It's petrol engine is smooth and will do the city job effortlessly.

Added advantage with both cars is that they are relatively new and feature list of figo includes features which even some of the bigger cars are not offering..

so, IMO it's beat or figo for you...

[/quote']

Everybody here is saying no to Figo. Also Ritz was launched in last June which is not even a year old. And there is no way a Chevy or Ford can hold their value better than MS or Hyundai.

Well an Beat LT with airbag and ABS and climate control costs 4.55Lakhs ex-showroom mumbai and ritz ZXI costs 5.20. Beats sounds VFM and 3 year 1,00,000 KM does give it an edge on resale, GM vehicals resale have improved

Reliabilty & Peace of Mind comes Free with Maruti Ritz 1.2, but due to its High Seating Position & Tall height- Its Highway manners suffers very much.

But If Strictly remain struck to your choices, Figo 1.2 ZXi(petrol) is the best@ 4.04 lacs & I'm sure Ford's brilliant Engineering will never let you down anywhere, anythime. Even if they are the Masters of the Diesels.

Don't Worry for that,

As by Fact- Maruti Suzuki are the Masters of Small Capacity Petrol Engines & has never made their own Diesel engine, but in India, their Scenario is infront of you- They've left behind all the Masters here with Swift DDiS diesel.  

And also, In continuity with the other Forum members here, I wanna write something for Beat here,

For more Highways driving Beat 1.2 is also the best, its Highway Stability is the Best amongst Ritz, i10, etc.

You can Easily & Safely Cruise in it at 130+ Speeds on Highways & its Overall height(1520mm) is even less than that of Swift's(1530mm).
dr_nishu2010-05-17 17:03:53

i10 seems to be the one for you but also have a look at the new WagonR have heard that its very much improved and ideal for city driving and with this you can save approx. a Lac and get all the goodies.

hmmm.. so everybody feels that neither figo nor punto should be chosen for a petrol car..!

And Beat seems to be all round fav!! I was a bit circumspect about Beat due to GM bankruptcy last year, but i guess that not a big concern anymore.

After looking at figo, i did not like the interiors for ritz at all. Nor am i a fan of its looks. So, Ritz is not in ques for me.

Should I then consider Swift Petrol? But swift is too old.

I'll TD Beat for sure this week.

I was intersted in i20 but it is too expensive.

New WagonR looks big and different. I there a change in engine too...

any other ideas? so, a no for figo, right? (Figo's feature are still attracting me but having no service centre in 60 Km radius is a factor)

Regards

-Should I then consider Swift Petrol? But swift is too old.
-New WagonR looks big and different. I there a change in engine too...

-any other ideas?

-so' date=' a no for figo, right? [/quote']

-Swift is really too Common & More than Looks, it feels much Older now, especially Petrol.

Avoid it..

However, Diesel is still best in its Class.

-If you are considering Ford Figo, Punto, etc then avoid Wagon-R, as performance-wise it'll surely disappoint you.

-Beat is alot better in same Price range, both looks, Dynamics & Performance.

-No, Figo Petrol is also very good & Sensible package at 4-lacs price(ZXi) with Class best Stability, Ride, Dynamics & features.

hi everyone....

we have just got the delivery of our figo which is a 1.2zxi version, and i could tell u from my experience of the drive and the overall feel that the little ford is offering is way better that u will get in any hyundai or a maruti.

The way it's suspension is working,noise insulation, the brilliant stereo on offer as standard on higher variants and the overall ownership experience with Ford has just got me enthralled.

You try out figo, i swear you won't go wrong...

Should I then consider Swift Petrol? But swift is too old.

If you feel Swift is too old, try Ritz. Its not that bad as many says. If you can digest its looks, nothing like that.

In Ritz, you get Space, Good all round visibility, Suzuki Brand, Awesome engine, new & good interiors, loads of space.

If not, Go for Beat. TD both and you can decide.

The thing is that the initial cost of both figo and beat is undercutting both the ritz

and i20 with a difference of more than a lac.

And both the cars are coming with extended warranty packages.

So, speaking in real terms the amount saved in the initial ownership of the car is a tad more than one could save form the difference of resale values.

The added advantage is the features figo and beat are offering. Maruti or Hyundai could only think of those as of now...smiley1.gif

Hi All

Finally zeroed in on i10.

Now please help me decide between Magna and Sportz model of i10. In sportz I get Rear defogger, rear wiper and music system for extra 24k.

Please let me know how useful are rear defogger and rear wiper in north indian conditions.

Regards

Vineet

congrats on the decision...

IMO rear defogger is a really handy feature in north India.

In winters, the mist formation is a regular issue and rear visibility would be down to zero.

In that case, one needs to wipe it out by hand or the defogger could do the job for you.

Hence it's advisable to go in for sportz.

@garg.vineet

The use for rear defogger and wiper depends on the place where you are. If the winters are severe, or you recieve heavy monsoon then they are helpful features.

However in 24k you are getting a 2 din stereo and more. A 2 din aftermarket music system will cost around 15 k and will not look as neat as the i10 system. I recommend you go for Sportz.

@garg.vineet1.

Go for i10 Sportz strictly..

As Rear defogger & Rear Wash-Wiper are really very helpful features in Rainy & Winter Seasons & Probably these are the One of the few features which Speaks by itself that your's car is of Top-end version,

a BIG +1 to its looks.

+you'll be getting the Well-Integrated 2-Din CD/MP3/Aux-In with FM/AM Music System.

So, 30k for Sportz is worth the penny spent.

Go for it, for Sure.. smiley1.gif

Also it is up to you whether you like those red inserts on the dashboard or not. I honestly like them.

But These are Optional dude for Sportz version..

but they really looks Good..

Congradulations Garg on your decision.

Hope you have test driven all the cars listed. Otherwise I suggest you to test drive all the cars in consideration before zeroing in. Please do not go by the looks alone. Test drive now so that you might not repent in the future.