rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

Hello everyone....

Finally, We received our little devil aka Figo ( as christened by Ford)  on 21st May...it was Friday and the slated time of delivery was 5PM at Harpreet Ford, Delhi.

When we reached there, we immediately sited our car, spotless clean and shining.smiley1.gif

I was completely taken aback and overwhelmed by the care Ford is offering to the customers...smiley4.gifsmiley32.gif

Delivery manager attended us in short notice and hospitality on offer was surprising. He himself helped in finalizing all the paperwork and then an executive explained all the features...and there we were almost done..  smiley20.gif

I will post the pics as early as possible....!!

Congratulations Rahul, you've bought a very nice car.

Its great too see that Ford is finally able to keep its customers happy.

Waiting for the pics. & a detailed ownership review.

thanx everyone a lot...............

The car is really great to drive. When aircon off, there is absolutely no issue pulling the car, but when on also, one can still manage with little working with the gears which are nice,short and typical Ford class......

Please be a little patient  guys....A lot of pics are coming your way......!!!

Congrats! a great VFM indeed , Figo is a new hero in small hatchbacks nowadays a car at price of wagonR with Fusion like interior is doing rockets . I have seen more Figos than Beat.

Thanx everyone for the greetings...

I agree with you sb_alto that beat would have done better if it would have been launched with a diesel version also.....GM..are you listening??? bring in a stripped down VCdi that is doing duty in the cruze..!!1

Around a year and half  back, I joined this forum, when I was on lookout for buying my first car. It was time when Vista had just been launched.Struck by the improvements done by TATA on this new version of Indica, I was looking forward to own one.Vista TDI Aqua was on my mind.That time I had put a thread requesting for suggestions.Most of the seniors here had recommended me to go with a petrol car rather than diesel, and Maruti/Hundai were the highly recommended manufacturers due to their hassle free A.S.S.So I eventually narrowed down to Hyundai i10.But then, sometimes, life doesn't go as you expect it to, and due to some personal problems I had to drop the plan of buying my first car :(

Now fast forward that to today, and I finally got my first car(and our first family car) - a Ford Figo 1.4 Zxi !! I got delivery on 29thMay evening, and from then till now I have completed 250 joyful kilometers with her smiley4.gif.And its been a real pleasure driving her!

So how did I end up with Figo amonst all other available hatchbacks?

Here it is..

1)Requirements: A family car which can accomodate 5 people with relative ease with a decent boot space for the odd weekend trips.Either petrol or diesel was fine, as I heard modern diesel engines are nearly as good as their petrol counterparts.Also it should be fun to drive.

2)Budget: 4.5 Onroad if petrol and 5.25 if diesel.

3)Options considered:

Hyundai i10 - Around six months back I had checked i10 sportz was about 4.5 onroad, but was surprised to find its price hiked and is about 4.8 now. I didn't want to spend so much on petrol as I knew better options were available at that price point.So dropped i10 without even a test-drive.

Chevy Beat - Came real close to booking the LT model. I thought it was a fantastic VFM for about 4.5 on road. Good quality interiors,fit/finish and then the climate-control and other goodies which other cars in that segment didn't offer.But the rear seat discomfort for 3 passengers and the boot space(if you call it a boot!) went against it.

Maruti Wagon R - Was pretty excited when the new wagon R was launched.Had learnt that Maruti has compltely revamped this car.Also it fell nicely in my budget.But my wife didn't like its boxy look, and I too had learnt about its not-so-good build quality esp the sheet metal,and the body-roll which would mean it wont be fun to drive in all scenarios.

Tata Vista Sapphire/Quadrajet - Almost everything about this car was right for our requirements.The new Drivetech4 was another thing in its favor. But my wife and father-in-law had reservations about TATA cars.They had a Indigo LS which was high on maintenance.I didn't want to take a chance,so even Vista was out of reckoning.

Ford Figo - After Vista, it was only Figo which fit all our requirements nicely.Good interior fit and finish,solid build quality,decent space all round,big-car like feel, and obviously the fantastic pricing by Ford! It was like a steal!

Initially wanted to buy the 1.2 petrol , but during TD felt that it was underpowered with 5 people on-board.The pricing was very tempting though!

TD'ed the 1.4 diesel and though I am new to driving I immediately felt ike this was IT..I liked the "pull" it provided in 2nd and 3rd gear past 1500rpm against the sluggish nature of 1.2 petrol.Also the average of petrol I learnt was very less around 11kmpl in city while that of diesel was 14-5kmpl.So didnt think twice, and as soon as I got down the TD vehicle went straight to the sales person at Bhavana motors, Nerul and paid the booking amount of Rs.10k for the 1.5 Duratorq Zxi model. It cost me 5.65 on-road Navi Mumbai with 1 year extended warranty and a corporate discount of 3.8k.

I initially had booked the Colorado Red color, but then changed to Sea Gray with coral dashboard later as I thought it was more "classy" :)

The first 250 kms have been really fantastic as said earlier...she is so much fun to drive and ant the same time so practical for a family of 5. Go Figo!

Pics following soon as soon as I reach home( wrtiting this sitting in office :-D)

Also will post the detailed ownership review once I finish another 100 odd kms..

Thanks for reading !

Congrats and welcome to the FIGO owners.

Hey how much you have driven the car and any problem you are facing.

From which dealer you purchased (Harpreet Ford) or other one.

Delivery manager attended us in short notice and hospitality on offer was surprising. He himself helped in finalizing all the paperwork and then an executive explained all the features...and there we were almost done..  smiley20.gif

Thats something!

I got my 1.4 zxi from Bhavana Ford , Navi Mumbai.Their service was no where close to what you got.It was strictly ok, not too good and not too bad.

We bought it from Harpreet Ford...

from where did you bought yours??

It has clocked around 300km..no problems...veru happy with the overall product...!!

what is yout model and colour??

post the details...