rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

There is no hard and fast rule about rear and front pressures. Depends on the handling characteristics. In the old days of RWD cars often the rear pressure was kept higher. Remember in a FWD car there is about 60% weight on the front wheels.

sgiitk2010-06-05 03:17:17

01062010420.jpg

Hey dats the Really cool looking CHill colour na !!

What's the FE you're getting from it ?? 1.2 ZXi

Correct sir..this is the colour which Ford calls "chill"...

In actual terms it is a bit of light pista shade...it looks cool and somewhat refreshing to eyes...!!

I have completed more than 600kms in my Figo TDCi till now..thought I would share my experience about the whole experience with her..

Here goes ..

Exterior:

The exterior feels sturdy.And barring the exception of fuel compartment lid - which feels toy like - everything is of good quality and put together in a manner to last really long.The paint quality also looks delicious.The chrome lining on side repeaters add a certain amount of bling..but I would have liked black matte finish in its place.

Interior:
I really like being in this car.Its really fantastic.Let me categorize the interior further.
Space and comfort: Love it!Ample amount of leg,head and lateral space at both front and rear seats.We are a family of 5 and travel comfortably.Comfort offered by front seats is also good.I was recently stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours, and the only thing paining at the end of journey was my left foot due to the long clutch travel :) Didn't feel fatigued otherwise.
Quality: I found the overall plastics, rubber and fabric materials of good quality.Only sore point is that I feel the plastic quality of dashboard a bit hard to my liking.Fabrics are the best!
3.Fit and finish: Great!Absolutely no loose ends.
4.Features:Audio unit UI is not as intuitive as I would have liked, though the audio quality and bluetooth connectivy feature is awesome.Headlamp levelling feature is a boon(not sure if the competitors have it?).AC works like charm..in typical mumbai sun, with 5 people in, the max blower speed I had to go was 2.At level 3 it gets really cold..and I cant help but wonder why they added level 4? Driver seat height adjust does not increase/decrease the vertical height of the seat - it is more like a see-saw movement , and it does the job for me.Electric adjustment of ORVMS is a good-to have feature too.

Ride and handling:

In whatever highway/city driving I have done till now, the car has responded well to my inputs, and has always felt planted and in control.

FE:

With 90% highway and 10% city driving, my Figo has given me approx 17kmpl till now.Thats using tankfull to tankfull method.DTE is not helpful in calculating precise FE.I am always between 1400-2300 rpm band..and though I change gears based on the engine sound and feel, I have observed that it happens most of the time at 2100-2200 rpms(not at 1800 as mentioned in my previous post:) ).And my tyre pressure was as set by the showroom guys, which is 34-front and 32-rear.I have reduced that to 32-front and 30-rear.

So thats my experience till now..and I am  very happy and satisfied with my first car. Touch wood :)

Cheers

Nice-update buddy...very-good FE figures.

Mine is a petrol and FE is roaming around 10-11. My vehicle has clocked around 550 kms.

Few days back, it's audio unit got stuck as I paired my phone with it, but didn't disconnected it.

Refixing of the fuse has done the job...other than that,no complaints..

Took delivery of my figo diesel exi in the last week of may. i bought the silver colour and i find it better than other colours but thats something according to personal prefrences.so here's the review..

Exteriors

i find the front end to be quiet smart.the ford's kinetic design philosophy makes figo's front end the best part of it.the headlight design is brilliant as well.from the back it looks like the shortened version of fusion but overall i find the design to be good and fresh !!!!

Interiors

the plastic quality is not upto the mark.it looks cheap. but the black dashboard looks better than the coral one which looks pathetic.i just saw the interiors of fiesta and they are almost same to same.the design is simple but that's ok. the metre console design is good but i miss the temperature gauge.it looks brilliant in the night with the red light and the theatrical effect with which it comes on.

Build quality

the car feels rock solid.i have upgraded from a zen and i feel the heaviness of the body when i drive it.the doors close with a solid thunk.and overall am quiet satisfied with it. this car gives a feeling that it will never rattle in its entire lifetime.

Engine and gearbox

the 1.4 litre diesel engine is just about refined though not as silent at idle compared to swift vdi. but close the windows,switch on the ac and music system you wont feel anything.the engine needs to be kept above 1400 rpm and below that their is a turbo lag. cross the 2000 rpm mark and response is good and you feel the torque and turbo joining hands delivering good drivability in city.not revved it past 3000 rpm so cant comment on that. 100 kmph comes up at just 2600 rpm. but swift vdi feels better performance wise.

the gearbox is nice to use and after 500 kms of driving it feels even smoother !!!

other observations

- the a/c is a chiller. i live in delhi and can say that it chills fast and keeps the cabin comfortable. always use it in no.2 point and at no.3 point only sometimes though their no.4 as well.

- the car is really spacious and the backseat is a nice place to be. the boot is large and this car can easily be used for family vacations.

- the music system is brilliant.i dont feel the need to change the speakers and am satisfied with the oe-setup.

- the wiper and indicator stalks are in opposite positions than the usual.the headlight comes on with the seprate switch(mercedes style). i drove a zen before so takes time to get used to.

-the horn is nice and loud. so no need to upgrade.

-the boot release button is placed on the upper part of dash near the headlight switch.so like the positioning and at night you dont get confused which is the fuel or boot lever like in my zen.

- the seat fabric looks good but lets see how durable it is.

- till now driven 500 kms and all of them in city only. the fuel efficiency is just about ok. its averaging around 12.8 kmpl. maybe it improves after the first service.

-the car is a real vfm.its the cheapest diesel car in its class(not counting the indica which is below par).though the car isn't excellent and not outstanding in any aspect but good in all aspects.its a competent car suitable for highway. the car gripping is excellent and even at 100 kmph the car feels rock solid.

- the car's driving position is excellent with good all round visbility and importantly bonnet visible whose visibility is dissappearing in current gen cars.

-loving the figo expierience.ford motors has got a winner at their hands.its now  quiet visible in delhi and i feel its the next junta car like the swift.

Took delivery of my figo diesel exi in the last week of may. i bought the silver colour and i find it better than other colours but thats something according to personal prefrences.so here's the review..

Engine and gearbox

the 1.4 litre diesel engine is just about refined though not as silent at idle compared to swift vdi. but close the windows' date='switch on the ac and music system you wont feel anything.the engine needs to be kept above 1400 rpm and below that their is a turbo lag. cross the 2000 rpm mark and response is good and you feel the torque and turbo joining hands delivering good drivability in city.not revved it past 3000 rpm so cant comment on that. 100 kmph comes up at just 2600 rpm. but swift vdi feels better performance wise.

the gearbox is nice to use and after 500 kms of driving it feels even smoother !!!

[/quote']

mehul_bhp congrats on the new buy. Just seeing too many Figos on the road these days.Am still unable to make out the petrols from the diesels.

Thats because my Scorpio makes noise, which makes me hard on hearing other engine noises. And when the windows are rolled up it becomes noise proof.

Going by your review I find the Figo to be a good buy. The turbo lag is more preceptible in newer diesels and gets reduced after the running in period is over. For the revvs please read the instructions and do not exceed the recommended speeds and revs till the running-in period is over.

hey guys..what are the precautions one needs to take while the vehicle is still in the run-in ??

rahul should have congratulated you first for your Figo !

Running in period is crucial for any engine. The precautions are specified by each manufacturer for specific models.Certain speeds should not be exceeded and certain rpm's should not also be exceeded.This running in is for a specified number of kms usually 2000 or something like that figure.This is when the piston and cylinder inner liner mate, the camshaft, inlet, outlet valves start their life cycle, the crankshaft and connecting rods  free themselves. So one has to be careful not to mess up the mechanicals.

Your car's Owner's Manual will give details of as to what is desired for the Figo?

Hey ! Congrats & That was really a nice catch of your car, mehul.

Post post its pics here..

I've also liked its Theatre effect Crimson coloured Console lighting.

& I'm also a Ford & their Figo, but its Radiator-Bumper Gap Issue have really shattered my feelings about her. 

49923340.jpg 

I wanna Seriously ask from All memebers here that, whether the latter is really a Matter of Worry for its Owners or not !!

As the Gap within the Front most part and the Radiator/AC Condenser is mere 5-Inches as compared to the 8-10+ Inches in most of the other cars.

@dr_nishu- I tried idling the car for a minute after startup and it felt more silent and refined when I started the drive.So thanks there

@mehul - Congrats on your new car mate, awaiting her pics..I have completed 800kms on my Figo and the smoothness in gear shift is quite evident

Just seeing too many Figos on the road these days.Am still unable to make out the petrols from the diesels.

The diesel variant has a TDCi lettering below the Figo badge at the back of the car. The Petrol has only the Figo badge.

hey guys..what are the precautions one needs to take while the vehicle is still in the run-in ??
rahul should have congratulated you first for your Figo !Running in period is crucial for any engine. The precautions are specified by each manufacturer for specific models.Certain speeds should not be exceeded and certain rpm's should not also be exceeded.This running in is for a specified number of kms usually 2000 or something like that figure.This is when the piston and cylinder inner liner mate' date=' the camshaft, inlet, outlet valves start their life cycle, the crankshaft and connecting rods? free themselves. So one has to be careful not to mess up the mechanicals.Your car's Owner's Manual will give details of as to what is desired for the Figo?[/quote']

Thanks for the wishes and the advice regarding the run-in.

mehul@ congrats and welcome to the figo bandwagon of customers..share your initial experience with the car and pics..!!!!

i  bought the car from harpreet ford,moti nagar,new delhi.

the difference between a diesel and petrol figo is the tdci batch on the boot which is their on the former !!!!

pics cuming today !!!!!