rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

@mehul_bhp, Its very Simple..

Just Select & Upload Images 1st from the Uploader at Imageshack.com, then Press Image Resize option appearing below the uploader, then select 640x480 & then hit upload.

Later on when pics gets uploaded do Copy link to the each pic from the Bottom of the Right Corner & Paste each link at Insert Image option appearing in the Reply coloum.

But for now Posting some of the pics of Ford Figo EXi on behalf of mehul_bhp,

11062010042.jpg11062010044z.jpg11062010041.jpg11062010043.jpg11062010040.jpg11062010063.jpg11062010047.jpg11062010053.jpg11062010048.jpg11062010045.jpg11062010046.jpg11062010055x.jpg

11062010054.jpg11062010056.jpg11062010058h.jpg11062010059.jpg11062010062.jpg11062010061.jpg

Nice pictures

I am also in direct touch with Ford but till date they have not even replied to the three mails which I sent to them.

Today I again went to the dealer Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and they again did the wheel allignment.

Went to the dealer at 9 AM and reached office at 12.52 PM.  The work has still not been carried out to my satisfaction.

What the hell these Ford dealers are doing.  I now I think that Ford is also not listening by not replying to my mails.

Even I have shot off the mail to the president of Ford? But no reply from him also.

Got two painful scratches on my Figosmiley6.gif..Was waiting at signal when a bike wallah came from side trying to squeeze past my car and the adjacent one, and scraped his metal ****ey to the rear-left wheel arch.Its around an inch and half thin scratch.

Second one my mistake , and a big one, while taking reverse lost perspect of the left side and the left-front door brushed badly on the footpathsmiley7.gif..This ones a big..around 4inches :(

Its monsoon here and Im really concerned..Do I need to rush to the dealer to fix the scratches immediately? Any idea how much damage I've done to my pocket?

Do I need to rush to the dealer to fix the scratches immediately? Any idea how much damage I've done to my pocket?

@amjustdreamer,

Don't get worried by Scratches on your car, especially in the Era of so much Heavy Traffic today.

'Worry for that things only, which are under your control', like Interiors- Make & Maintain as you want them..

Maintain Exteriors to such a limit that they Look & feel Good & In proper Shape, don't get Fastedious about them & probably you'll end up with Nothing.

I mean to say, If the Scratches are big enough & becoming an Eyesore, get them Resolved at some Good paint Shop in the Market, rather than paying Huge sum at AfSS. 

And Not recommended is the Insurance help for such minor Repairs, as you'll lose heavily on the No-Claim bonus.

thnx dr. nishu...the engine bay was completely clean when got the delivery...but their is construction going on in my house and their is a pile of sand kept for construction purposes where my car is genrally parked so dats y the engine bay has got dusty !!!!

@dr_nishu : Am not worried about the appearance.I am concerned more about any possibility of the body catching any rust due to the scratches..

I should have been clearer with my question. Let me rephrase : Is the car body at risk of catching rust due to body scratches?From what I could tell the silver primer is visible at scratched areas.

P.S: Mumbai has very humid climate and every other exposed metal portion(of anything, not just cars) catches rust ever so quickly.

Sad to hear about the scratches on your car.  If the scratches are not deep enough and there is no need to worry.  You can get the rubbing done and if they are not visible then not to worry.  In the market there are lot of scratch removers are available and they work very well.

Is the car body at risk of catching rust due to body scratches?From what I could tell the silver primer is visible at scratched areas.

If Only Primer or Compund below the Paint is visible, then there's no need to do anything. Its a matter of Worry only if visible is the Metal Surface in the Scratches, which is prone to Rusting.

Try to heal/Recover them with Formula1 Scratch Guard liquid. 

Just came back from a trip to Pune..5 people,100% AC, 330kms, 95:05::highway:city, 35psi on all 4 tyres, Speed between 70-95kmph. Some  observations from the trip:

-with 5 people aboard the ground clearance becomes quite less and the car looks "burdened" from rear side.The underbody got thumped a couple of times on big speed breakers(it hurts!)

-Ride was a little stiff

-Handling was perfect

-Braking downhill was not impressive- had to downshift to 3rd/4th gear to control speed.

-Tyres very noisy on Mum-Pune expressway

-Car pulls nicely on highways with 5 people.Overtaking was easy.

-Rear passengers were comfortable the entire journey only sore point being the seat belts, which run over their necks rather than shoulders! :-O

-For me, the driving was fun , comfortable and without any fatigue..Would have done with a better neck support though.

-Got FE of 17.3kmpl.

Try parking the FIGO on the slope or on elevated road and pull the hand brakes fully and then see the car will not stop.  Thats why the breaking downhill will never be good.

@anuprav: Behaviour of the handbrake does not have too much with the braking. The former is cable and the letter hydraulic. Many cars with excellent brakes have poor hand brakes.

@anuprav: Behaviour of the handbrake does not have too much with the braking.

+1 to that

And while driving, you always apply foot brakes and NEVER hand brake.

I have mentioned about Hand Brake is just to check the effectiveness of same not while driving.

I very well know that Hand brake has no relation with braking.

When I was driving on the slope and had to stop the car and pulled the hand brake fully but the car was still moving.

My point was here to check your hand brakes whether they are effective on the slope or elevated roads.

@anuprav  - this is  very poor of Ford. If the car's handbrake cannot hold the car in slope then what's the use? smiley3.gif

this handbrake problem reminds me of a top gear episode in which handbrake of  triumph dolomite could not the car in a slope during testing.

anuprav just don't leave the handbrake problem as it is .IMO just get hold of Ford and sort out the handbrake. who knows when you require it !

Mere Rs.855 for 1st Service of Figo petrol ! Good smiley32.gif

IMO, Ford is getting right on the Service areas too & that seems to be enough to wash out the Bad-dreams about their Service in the Past, from the minds of Indian people..

& Anuprav, be quick to sort out the Hand-brake trouble since it's the Much required part of the Car..
dr_nishu2010-06-30 14:47:32

@rahulgupta3101  Thanks man, no i've not done the first service..completed 2100kms till now.

@anuprav : I haven't faced such problem with handbrake even with 4 people aboard.You might want to get yours checked by Ford.

Is the rear seat-belt problem I wrote about common for other cars too?

Rear seat belt is a problem and is highly un comfortable.

Yes the issue has been taken on priority as yesterday I received 5 calls from ford chennai.

The hand brakes does not work properly as our parking at office building which is in basement so while entering there is a good slope and if you stop the vehicle on that slope and try to apply hand brakes the car will not stop so i hve to use pedal brake as well.

Today as there was rush so I had to reverse the car so inspite of hand brakes fully applied the car was moving ahead and i had to tell my office boy to put some thing on the front tyres so that car does not move forward and then I was able to reverse the car.  Otherwise car would have hit the rear of the front car.

Mere Rs.855 for 1st Service of Figo petrol ! Good smiley32.gif[unquote]
Ideally' date=' it must be free. First 3 services for my Elantra petrol cost was Rs.0. They didn't even charge for disposables.

[/quote'] Thats depends on the company if they charge for disposables or not but most comanies charge for that.