rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

First 3 services for my Elantra petrol cost was Rs.0. They didn't even charge for disposables.

Why sir ?? Isn't Hyundai charges for the Consumables/Disposables ?

Or you got some offer with your Elantra !!

@dr nishu Hyundai used to give free 3 services earlier which included consumables but not only labour cost is free but consumable aren't . This is valid for all new hyundai's

@dr nishu Hyundai used to give free 3 services earlier which included consumables but not only labour cost is free but consumable aren't . This is valid for all new hyundai's

Then I was lucky to get my car in that period when things were free. @Dr_Nishu: I had the regular 4 years warranty on the car when I bought it.

@rssh: That's now Similar with most of the Cars sold today, except that of Skoda, VW. They provides no free service with their Cars, only General Free Check-up at 1500kms & then Each paid service at 15000kms or after 1 year, whichever is earlier.

@DD: But warranty doesn't means Free Services or Free Disposables/Consumables change, etc like Engine Oil, Oil Filter, etc.

Please explain it what you wanna say clearly..

IMO, Warranty is just meant to Rectify the Fault & to Replace the defective part & only under the Specific prescribed conditions by the Manufacturer

-varying from parts to parts & upto some specific time.        Isn't it !!

@Nishu :

Even my alto's 3 free services were completely free of cost. From the first paid service I remember we were asked to pay for the oils and the filters that required a replace according to the service manual.

I think' date=' this topic deserves a seperate thread for discussion.[/quote']

I agree with Rahul Gupta, I think, knowingly or unknowingly, we have hijacked his topic on Figo and gone off in a tangent. So kindly return back to discussion.

i think the meaning of free service is that only labour charges wont be applicable. But you will charged be for the consumables. ford figo has only got 2 free services.  These days servicing cost of every car is expensive be it maruti or mercedes. with margins getting thinner due to competitive pricing the companies earn money in the spare parts and maintainance !!!

Today I've Carefully seen Figo petrol vs Figo Diesel Front Bumper-Radiator Gap & Surprisingly noticed that the Gap in Petrol version is quite more (by 1-1.5 inches) than in the Diesel version which is having less gap -may be due to Bigger Radiator & to accomodate the bigger Diesel engine.

Any details on this Issue are most welcomed from all.
dr_nishu2010-07-09 21:47:33

Yesterday I took my car for first service and the total charges I paid was Rs.680 for engine oil' date=' Rs116 for engine filter and Rs.59 for plug oil drain.

[/quote']

Hi Anuprav,

Figo is a great Value for Money car. Even i am planning to go for one(Figo Petrol). It will be great if you can share the FE you are getting in the City ?

Nice-update buddy...very-good FE figures.

Mine is a petrol and FE is roaming around 10-11. My vehicle has clocked around 550 kms.

Here is the answer that you are searching for car_lover. It is the diesel one which is very fuel efficient. All diesels are fuel efficient today, no matter what make they are.

Here is a proof that figo's show early rusting. Too early. (Note the exhaust pipe)

fordfigo1.jpg

Here is a proof that figo's show early rusting. Too early. (Note the exhaust pipe)

That Rust on the Exhaust Pipe isn't the matter of Worry & Most of the cars develop such kinds of Superficial Rust signs pretty early, even some Maruti Suzukis too.

And this happens quite easily & early because this Part gets very Hot as being the Closest part to the Engine's Exhaust Port & Mild Water Bursts/Showers during Monsoon while Driving leads to this.

This Exhaust Pipe shown in the Pic can easily do its Job for another 2-3 years easily w/o any Additional Paintwork, etc..
dr_nishu2010-07-10 18:15:09

Nice-update buddy...very-good FE figures.
Mine is a petrol and FE is roaming around 10-11. My vehicle has clocked around 550 kms.

Here is the answer that you are searching for car_lover. It is the diesel one which is very fuel efficient. All diesels are fuel efficient today' date=' no matter what make they are.

fordfigo1.jpg
[/quote']

Thanks sb-alto for this info. 10-11 is too less even in City with 100% AC ? It seems all the Figo petrol owners are getting mileage in this range only. I checked with few friends of mine too . So after few more kms in ODO i think Figo (Petrol) will settle around 12-13 in City with 100% AC for a sedate driver ? Your comments please.

car_lover@ hi, My Figo(petrol) has done around 1000km's and is giving 11-12kmpl with 100% AC with the first service still due for atleast a month.

The car is mostly driven in bumper-to-bumper Delhi traffic, hence the mileage figures are quite good for a car which is still to complete it's run-in period. Our Corsa Sail used to give only 10kmpl, so this is much better.

driftpunk's ANHC gives an efficiency of 15-17kmpl in city.

This is a problem with de-tuned engines. Previously some people thought that less the bhp better the efficiency. But the Fiat Palio 1.1 petrol used to deliver awful FE figures despite less bhp than WagonR/Santro 1.1. It seems all such de-tuned motors are less efficient, including Figo.

@car_lover :

After 3000km or so, every cars FE figure improves upto 1-2kmpl. A figo giving 11-12kmpl will give 14kmpl later, where as a Ritz already giving 13-14kmpl will also improve further. If driven carefully and lightly the Ritz petrol can give efficiency upto 16kmpl in city.

sb-alto2010-07-11 16:39:33

less the bhp better the efficiency.

But the Fiat Palio 1.1 petrol used to deliver awful FE figures despite less bhp than WagonR/Santro 1.1.

If driven carefully and lightly the Ritz petrol can give efficiency upto 16kmpl in city.

This is totally a wrong Theory.

Its only the Power to Weight or Torque to Weight ratio which matters the most & determines the Actual Performance & FE figures for an Automobile.

And this Holds 100% in all the cases.

Non-Japaneese & European Petrol cars' FE suffers from their Heavy weight Engine parts & High Idle Rpm range which Gallops most of the fuel at low Rpms.

IMO, 16kmpl is too Optimistic figure for City FE of Ritz petrol, thanks to its Tall Gearing but can easily expect 18kmpl on Highways from her.

I took my figo diesel for a short highway excursion a drive of about 100 kms and i got a fe of 19.7 kmpl !!!! Really impressed considering my car is still to complete 2000 kms....once its fully run in by 5000 kms can expect frugal drinking habits from my car !!!

I took my figo diesel for a short highway excursion a drive of about 100 kms and i got a fe of 19.7 kmpl !!!! Really impressed considering my car is still to complete 2000 kms....once its fully run in by 5000 kms can expect frugal drinking habits from my car !!!

Thats where the success of the Ford 1.4 TDCI lies, extremely good driveability, refinement, great FE and I heard its not all that out off breath on the highways, too from some owners.

Durango Dude2010-07-14 17:34:19

Hey mehul-bhp,

nice FE figures from your workhorse.

My petrol is hovering around 11kmpl in tight Delhi traffic conditions(you know pretty well, how traffic moves in Delhi).

One of my friends is also considering to buy Figo diesel.

He will make up his mind in a day or two. I will inform him about the mileage figures you got.

How's FE in purely city with AC, if you have checked?

ACI forum member btirthankar

bought a Ford Figo TDci a few weeks back and here is what he said in

his DRIVOBLOG

FORD FIGO Lxi TDCi. Regn.# WB06D3909,

bought from Victoria Ford, Kolkata Dealership in May 2010. It has been driven 3200 kms so far with a fairly equal mix of City/Highway Driving cycles.

Fuel efficiency City: 10-15 kmpl and Highway: 20-30 kmpl.

DECISION

The exterior styling and design of the FIGO is impeccable with a respectable 'Road-Presence'. I decided on the vehicle after taking 8 (eight) test drives in 3 different cities, namely Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata. There was no better option in this segment and beyond.

ENGINE, PERFORMANCE & HANDLING

For the TDCi Engine, amazing would be an understatement. The negligible Turbo-Lag in fact makes it feel overpowered in the city that you need to get used to managing the surge. The Diesel Torque steps up ones adrenalin levels and its razor sharp handling and torque-steer enables you to swerve in and out of obstacles. At 150 kmph the NVH is still bearable and the car does not feel 'running out of breath'. Even with 5 people the vehicle propels up a Fly-Over/uphill in-hesitantly, something which I have not found most of the vehicles I have driven before. Superb Straight Line Stability and Minimal Body roll. The Key to the same is the sharply swooped down rear roof complimenting the aerodynamics and a substantial wheelbase. I have still not been able to 'fish-tail' / 'Drift' the vehicle during U-turns even with stock tires during test drives.

INTERIORS

The interior space and comfort levels are as optimized as possible to the extent that the engineering proves itself in every nook and corner. The Black Theme of dash and seats makes it easy to maintain.

The Plastic

Did the first-service of my Figo TDCi on tuesday this week.Some things worth sharing about it:

Odo:2850kms

Before service FE: City 12(5 ppl)-14kmpl(2 ppl) & highway 17.5(2ppl)-19.5(5ppl)kmpl

-About the service station: Bhavana Ford, Nerul,Navi Mumbai..Its difficult to say that these guys are good or bad at serving.They got some things right(like rectifying the water leaking inside from the left-rear C-pillar, in first attempt), but were terrible with their disorganised, and disoriented front-desk. So it was like an OK experience.

-Things changed : Oil,Oil filter,gasket

-Consumables bill: Rs.1247

- After service there has been a very positive and noticable difference in the engine smoothnes,the NVH levels and pickup.For the entire drive after the first service I couldn't stop smiling.It was nice, and it still is!The gear shift has also become better and precise ,but wondering because of what change?

I was happy with the FE figures that I got before the first service..so will be happier if it increases even by 1kmpl now :)

Cheers,

Sandeep

Rs1247 for first service is not a welcome. At least Ford should give one service completely free.

IMO, that's nearly Acceptable figure for Common-Rail Diesel, as the Swift DDiS's Free Service figure is aroung Rs.1.5-2k, while its paid one goes upto 4-5k.

I too have heard about Swift Diesel service's costing around 5k for the regular items.

A little more time, and Regular servicing of Figo would be known.

amjustdreamer@ Hey, good FE. Do tell about the efficiency now, after first servicing.