rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

Free service doesnt means you will get a bill of rs.0...its just that the labour charges are waived off...in figo's first service they will change the engine oil and the air filter and for which rs.1247 is reasonable...

in normal city driving gettin an average of 13-14 kmpl considering delhi's traffic in which you have long idling in traffic with a/c on and with a lot of 2nd and 3rd gear driving !!!

well the 1.4 tdci may be making 68 bhp only but its powerful...i have taken the car to 120 kmph and the rpm was at 2500 rpm !!! the car can go upto 150-160 kmph and considering indian highways the car is powerful !!!

hi everyone,

How are all the figo's upto?

I am away from home for quiet some time, and hence is unable to post any update.

My figo however met some unfortune.My brother took it for a short ride and end up getting a wheel stuck in a manhole, which he thought to be covered.but was not.

I am away, and hence would not be able to post pics, but the car is stranded as of now.

The damage includes 2 engine mounting points broke, because of which noise is coming during movement.Will update soon, with the proceedings.

The damage includes 2 engine mounting points broke' date=' because of which noise is coming during movement.Will update soon, with the proceedings.[/quote']

That seems to be a Major breakdown happened with your car.

Definitely this make a Huge estimated loss of your car ?? 

& this will be covered under the Insurance.. Isn't it !! 

hello everyone,

Today I came to know that it was not the mounting points, but some gear connector has been broken, because of which the sound is coming.

I am not present there physically, so I can just put things in perspective as told by my brother, who is younger and doesn't get the core technical stuff.

As for the bills, it came out to be Rs 2900/-.

This was a pure physical damage, and hence no warranty cover.

2900 sounds to be Ok when it is coming out from a Ford dealer. Lucky escape your car had i must say smiley1.gif . I would still advice you to take the car to service station and do the inspection yourself

yes sarabjeet,

these small incidents proves that Ford has done something to keep the spares cost low.

I am in chennai, studying, so it won't be possible for me to go.

My father has himself gone to the service station and had it done, so no worries.

my figo has done now 4200 kms. the turbo lag was quiet evident in the running in period but now it has completely vanished...the car pulls in any gear from any speed one just needs to press the accelerator..meanwhile took the car on a day trip to ambala.their on the empty roads drove it to 155 kmph and the car was feeling rock solid and steering had weighed up...all in all i was impressed !!!

I know its not the correct place to present this, but i couldnt find the thread on Ford Figo so had to post this here. Can anyone tell me what is this Ford car, it looks strikingly similar to Ford Figo. But its not a Fusion.

58411145306338839912100.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@swiftvxi06;

Its an original previous generation Ford Fiesta hatchback standing somewhere in in Europe.

Its the same car on which India's present Fiesta sedan & Ford Figo is based, the latter is mere its Face-lifted & India localised version.

Hi guys, I TD figo diesel a week back and still cant stop praising the car. Its simply superb. In fact its easily one of the best cars to drive today in the price they offering it at.

For all u guys like me who drive a swift diesel daily just TD the figo diesel u will definitely agree with me that its anyday better to drive as compared with the swift.

I have a few queries:

1. The TD car had ABS, what is the braking like in car without ABS?

2. How is the ASS in bangalore and calicut?

I'm worried as there is only 1 ASS in calicut and that is 90 km from my city.

3. Touch wood has anyone of u ford drivers, ever had a breakdown on      the highway. What was the response time by the ford breakdown service? How efficient are they?

4. I never got a chance to hit any speedbrakers on 10 km that i TD....is it true that the bottom scrapes these speed breakers when car is full.

Pls spare your experience.

1. ABS does not lock wheels when hard braking. Rest is all same. Also there is a particular limit after which ABS is activated.

2. Not as good as Maruti or Hyundai, but not too bad either. I heard that Fiat is better in South compared to ford.

3. Nowadays cars are good enough, so that you do not have breakdown on highways. Unless you are ignorant and careless about the car, you should not have huge problems.

Breakdown services are independent I guess. All operators send a towing unit from the nearby breakdown spot. At most a service car accompanies it. So you need not worry about it for first five years or so.

4. Full means only if the cars sits 5 or more and the luggage space is full. Yes it does, but I feel all cars will hit under that circumstances. It is not a normal fault.

Note :

Worries of Figo:

1. Thin front bumper which damages radiator on minor hits.

2. Rear bumper is thin too.

3. Petrol figo is underpowered and not very Fuel efficient.

4. Basic features.

5. Water logging is a issue in some parts of the car

@Gego;

No doubt Overall Ford Figo is a Good car & today its much seen on our Roads too.

But -ves about her being(in addition to the sb-alto mentioned 5 points),

-Engine is a bit Noisy over Fiat MjD/Swift DDiS engine, as the Ford engine is a 1st gen CRDi engine while the another One is a 2nd gen.

-Despite of being a 4-cylinder, Ford TDCi is still having vibrations.

-Engine's Life Span(1.5 lac kms) isn't that long as compared to Fiat's MjD/Swift DDiS(3-lac+ kms).

-Her Ride height is very low.

-AC, Music system & feature list is good but Interior quality is still Average.

Overall its a Average to Good car but not the best or Refined as Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai or VW/Skoda.

-On-Road breakdowns are Rarely seen on Fords till to date, instead Tata or Fiats are more prone to it.

Recently seen Fiat Punto Emotion Pack get towed away.

Six Months Update

hello all friends and forum members,

It's been around 6 months since Figo became a part of our family, and overall we are satisfied with it's performance.

FE has improved, and is around 12kmpl in city, under heavy traffic conditions.

Positives :

1) A nice overall package, and the price it is being offered is unignorable.

2) fantastic AC. Any other car in this class just can't beat it.

3) Steering is something which is outstanding. Anybody who loves driving will find it perfect as it is a hydraulic unit, and no Electrical non-sense.

4.) Space is also at a premium which no-one offers at this price point.

Issues faced :

1.) My brother pulled the car with the handbrake on and from then there was a squeaking sound from the rear left side. Given the vehicle to Harpreet Ford and they fixed it with lubrication and stuff.

2.) Starter motor taking up little more time than usual now. Got this checked and after little cleaning-up of the air-filter, issue seems to get rectified.

Some pics:

08122010109.jpg

02122010087.jpg

08122010110.jpgrahulgupta31012010-12-24 12:48:21

hi,

The daily running of my figo has increased and has clocked close to 20000 kms in just more than two years.

we have decided to sell it and go in for a diesel model.

I have placed an Ad in the trader section of our forum. Those interested, feel free to contact me.

The link to my ad is :

http://forum.autocarindia.com/index.php?/topic/8888-for-sale-my-ford-figo-12-zxi-2010-contact-9811827436/

hi All,

My vehicle is sold now. Other members can continue with their Figo ownership review.

In between, we have acquired a Snow white - Swift diesel. Though, I am not a big fan of Maruti's, still have to live with it now as it has joined the family.

Resizing has to be done in imageshack. There is a very recent thread dealing with this

http://archive.autoc...ts.asp?TID=6831

Hi,

I am planning to upload some pics of my Ford Ikon in the respective thread, but the above link directs me to the login page. Has the link been renamed or moved to some other location?

Please help with the link dealing with pics uploading process.

Edited by rahulgupta3101

In between, we have acquired a Snow white - Swift diesel. Though, I am not a big fan of Maruti's,

Congrats on new buy, do start a new ownership thread separate from this one.