sham

Could I paint my car?

Hi all,

Thanks to some sad folks in the state of bangalore, I have quite a few scratches on my black punto..

(ppl simply use a coin to carve a line , what pleasure do they get.)

I took it to the showroom and they did say they will attend to it but would take a long time..

So was wondering since these marks are not too much to handle nonetheless very evident, if i can buy the same color from somewhere and apply it myself..

Is this possible?

No quickfix No Self-Medications. Take it to the paint shop and get the job done. Never do self-medications. It can lead to further screwups. Dont go to FIAT. Take it to some good aftermarket paintshop. And they charge a lot lesser

Hello sham,

If your car is having scratches of very thin line type(say upto 1-1.5mm), then there's no need to use the Paints/Spray paints/Fabric colours or else.

Try to use Scratch Guard markers(pen type) or there's Formula1 Scratch guard product available in the market for such purposes(even my friend uses it for his Black Lancer), its very effective & safe for Minor/Mild scratches.

Black Markers are also the another cheap & easy solution but after drying, when seen in bright light they give bluish shine, which deteriorate the Overall Black glitter of car's paint.. 

In most cities there are proper paintshops close to the area where most 2nd hand car shops are located - they are the closest you can get to factory finish - probably better at times.

Also you can look at adding a few additional coats of clear coat - which should make the paint resistant to minor scratches and will also add to the overall gloss.

From what I know, proper application of clear coat can get you the permanent wet look - which will look very cool on your black car!Kinshuk2010-05-26 08:20:20

Hello sham' date='

If your car is having scratches of very thin line type(say upto 1-1.5mm), then there's no need to use the Paints/Spray paints/Fabric colours or else.

Try to use Scratch Guard markers(pen type) or there's Formula1 Scratch guard product available in the market for such purposes(even my friend uses it for his Black Lancer), its very effective & safe for Minor/Mild scratches.

Black Markers are also the another cheap & easy solution but after drying, when seen in bright light they give bluish shine, which deteriorate the Overall Black glitter of car's paint.. 
[/quote']

Saw something like this on telebrands. Seems to work well.

Do post the pic of the scratch. If it is too thin then a proper waxing will take care of it (Rubbing compound + Waxing). If it is too deep, i would suggest visit a good paintshop.

As you are in Bangalore, PM if you need address of a good paintshop.

So, it's okay to change the color of your car in India as easy as that.

I mean, here in the Philippines, you will have to go to a lawyer

and make an affidavit of change color and then register in that way.

Because if you won't you will be in trouble. :(

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

@ambotanne,

the car owner here wants to just paint the scratches on his car and not change the color of the whole car.

But you have brought up an interesting topic here. We should discuss this in a new topic separately.

Yep, I just want it to be painted. in the modest of the ways.

But its not too deep at all.

Will post pics in sometime...

And will probably visit the showroom in the next 10 days or so.

thanks for you advice ,guys

hi folks.sorry butting in.used compaint flame red shade on my palio thinking it will restore the scratches etc but instead have been left with large discolured blotches.what can i do.repainting the entire car may cost alot-any other option

You can  use the same paint and take it to some local garage having spraying machine and get the areas resprayed. Painting the entire car is a very costly affair. Roadside garages are the best option 

well folks i have a similar problem-i repaited my car with touches using compaint-but wherever it was done the paint haas developed white patches-what patch remover can i use to remove these ugly patches-the local paintwalla sugests repainting which is costly

With metallic paints the paint layer itself is translucent. So the underlying layer as well as the lacquer on top all matter. Best done by the experts.

Getting the exact paint colour is easy nowadays. Take a sample (most common is the filler lid) to the computerised matching centre, and you should get an exact match. But the rest of the process may not always be the same except at the @ss.

My self experiance. Do not paint or make any scrap works onto it.Get it to the nearby local automobile paint shop.They will bring happyness in your face with less money(around400rs to 900rs).

-dinesh

(always the racer wins atlast)

got my car repaired from alocal paint shop-the workis fine. i am stiil fed fu with my fuel gauge which is still dead for more than a year-fiat gave a email reply but thats all-anyone who can suggest something for it-are there any aftermarket fitments availaible