Sign in to follow this  
aks316

Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 Or Honda City Vtec

hi..

i am planning to buy a car soon and my budget is around 8 lakhs.. i have shortlisted honda city vtec and chevy aveo 1.6 with airbags and abs... which one should i go for..

i will be keeping the car for more than 4 yrs so resale is nt a big issue but ya fuel effciency n performance shuold be good.. i already have a honda city gxi so i was interested in buyin other than honda city.. i dnt like the looks of verna and sx4 whereas i dont trust ford.. aveo has a better build and ride quality than honda ciy and after driving opel corsa i find honda too light but honda has a better brand image.. how will you rate aveos brand image..

When compared to the honda, the brand image of the Aveo is not much to talk of. If you can afford the vtec, then why dont you give the optra magnum a second look. Its got good performance and efficiency to match.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-08-26 16:34:33

so u mean to say that aveo is as good as city.. i want a midsize sedan and optra is little bigger.. i have heard that toyota vios and volkswagon jetta is coming soon so should i wait for it.. how will you rate vtec and aveo 1.6s performance.. & what according to you are the drawbacks of both the cars.. honda is not givivng any features wheras aveo is fully loaded.. 

Performance wise, the vtec is definately ahead. If you like your driving, then you will want the vtec. The aveo is definately value for money. The engine is not as good as the city and neither is the gearbox.

But in the honda city, the steering is a letdown. Its quite lifeless at speeds. Although for city driving it does well. City vtec gives better fuel efficiency than the aveo as well.

The Vios and Jetta are still some time away.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-08-26 16:59:39

when is the new honda city coming any idea.. ? i heard it will have all the safety features abs airbags.. i will be driving most of the time.. what about aveos euro ncap rating it scored just 2 stars whereas in us ncap it scored a 5 star rating hw is that possible.. is honda city more safe than aveo.. ? what are the positives of both the cars according to you..

The new vtec is expected around the second week of september. Also the Jetta is expected next year and the Vios is mostly not coming to India.

Crash testing standards are different in different countries. That could account for the ratings. It also depends on the amount of airbags that are standard in the model that is being sold in a particular country.

We cant really judge which is the safer of the two since we dont crash test cars in India. Preferably take crash test ratings of both cars by the same agency.

But it seems you have your heart set on the aveo.

FRG

ya smiley1.gif.. i love the looks of aveo.. and i like the build quality of gm cars.. its like my heart says aveo and the brain says honda city.. since the new honda city is coming i think i should wait.. the only thing which can make me wait for the jetta is that it has a better brand image than chevorlet and they make very solid cars.. do you think sx4 or verna or fiesta better than aveo.. ?

@aks

yup!!...u gotto wait for the new City which is slated to be launched in september...but goin by the way Honda prices its cars the car wud be priced outrageously high!!smiley7.gif...so wait for it n have a luk at the upcomin City!!...Aveo is a nice car overall...the idiom "JACK OF ALL TRADES,MASTER OF NONE!!" fits it right!!...ull never go wrong wid the aveo but u wont get the so-called brand image n the resale value!!smiley1.gif

well tats a tricky question!!...ppl generally follow sales figures n those r actually created due those hype only...i m not in anyway degrading the city but accordin 2 me its not the worth its price...its just priced too high to my liking devoid of any features available in the present competition!!,,,the SX4 n the AVEO actually have tremondous value for money!!....btw AVEO has the cheapest spare parts n the service cost is also the cheapest amongst all the cars...new aveo wid better instrument dials n revised engine/gearbox for better performance has also been launched...so do test drive both of em n decide!!smiley1.gif

i also think i should go for honda.. but lets see.. let the new one come.. i also heard they will put the vtec engine in the gxi version..

No plans for the VTEC in the GXi yet. only airbags and ABS for the moment