Sign in to follow this  
aks316

Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 Or Honda City Vtec

I think this is the wrong listing but since we started here lets carry on it is not only the mileage issue the fact is that early automatics were lousy and gave a lot of trouble compared to the ones nowadays which are mostly electronically controlled and the torque converters are so much better and give you the feeling of more control over the car compared to the free wheeling and excessive revving feel of earlier units. Also earlier when Maruti sold the automatics one had to get a certificate showing you were handicapped in order to avail of one I am sure the only handicap most of the owners had was mental compared to the few who were genuinely physically challenged

On the contrary' date=' autos in our country dont have good resale value. Blame it on our mentality of mileage is everything.

FRG
[/quote']

I agree on the resale value of the transmission part... However the Honda brand has a better resale value compare to the Chevolet.

is skoda fabia better than chevrolet aveo.. the only thing which is stopping me from honda city is tht i already have it so i m looking for other than that.. vios will come around 2009 and jetta will compete against civic and octavia..

is skoda fabia better than chevrolet aveo.. the only thing which is stopping me from honda city is tht i already have it so i m looking for other than that.. vios will come around 2009 and jetta will compete against civic and octavia..

My view is that the Skoda Octavia is a much better car than the Honda City (and it has an automatic). The only issue is that it really competes with the Civic and not the City so it is in a different price bracket. I also hear that Skoda cars have excellent resale value. The current Honda City is also likely to be discontinued from late next year when the new model gets introduced.

hi.. thankz for the reply but i was comparing SKODA FABIA with chevrolet aveo and honda city and not skoda octavia.. so whats yout take on that.. ?

My understanding is that the Skoda Fabia will first be released as a hatch back version. If this is true, it may not be a direct comparison.

If the Fabia is a direct comparison to the Honda City and the Chevrolet Aveo (i.e. four door with a boot), then I would consider it if it has an automatic transmission. The feel of the Fabia is also likely to be very different from the City and the Aveo as it is an European car and is likely to feel much more solid... Some like it and some hate it so it is a personal choice... I personally like the solid feel better than the light weight jap or Korean cars which the Aveo is...

Thanks

ya you are right that skoda fabia will be released as a hatchback but it will be priced around 6-7 lakhs which is more or less the same as chevrolet aveo.. and i also personally like the solid feel which is why i was thinking of chevrolet aveo over honda city.. it feels more solid than honda city though it may not be as solid as skoda fabia..

ya you are right that skoda fabia will be released as a hatchback but it will be priced around 6-7 lakhs which is more or less the same as chevrolet aveo.. and i also personally like the solid feel which is why i was thinking of chevrolet aveo over honda city.. it feels more solid than honda city though it may not be as solid as skoda fabia..

I have not driven the Chevorlet Aveo, but my understanding is that it is a Daewoo car and my perception is that it cant be more solid than the Honda City. Between these cars, I would go for the Honda City as it has a better resale value and is also a good car. I would opt for the automatic transmission though...

It is very difficult to compare the Fabia with these cars, though they cost almost the same :-(. I would first choose the type of car that I want and then come up with options. In any case I hope the Fabia comes up with really good features for them to price it at 6 to 7 lakhs as Ford Fusion which is the other car which costs as much in the same segment is not selling very well.

hi.. i have a honda city gxi and i have taken a test drive of chevrolet aveo and from my experience i felt aveo more solid than honda city and ya it is a daweoo car but its from GM and they make solid cars not as much as skodas but better than honda and toyota.. i dont want a automatic and honda has its own good points.. its is difficulit to compare fabia but as its in the same price range and resale of skodas is better than chevrolet i am waitin for that to come as it is 1 of the eagerly awaited cars..the reason ford fusion hasnt done that well is because of the ford badge and the high price as ford cars also does not have good resale..

i think you shud eliminate aveo.

its engine & gearbiox sucks. & after driving honda you wont like it a bit.

same is the problem with optra.

buy the VTEC with abs airbags, etc

i think you shud eliminate aveo.

its engine & gearbiox sucks. & after driving honda you wont like it a bit.

same is the problem with optra.

buy the VTEC with abs airbags' date=' etc
[/quote'] hi.. i have heard the new aveo is better than the old one.. so whats your take on that is the engine and gearbox still very bad.. i am waiting for skoda fabia then i will decided which one to buy..