creativebala

Suggestion needed- A preworship'd workhorse for 2L

I've been reading a lots of - & + for vtec' date=' but only + for non VTEC.[/quote']

Absolutely rite dude..

OHC V-tec are having problem with their V-tec system which shows Jerky Power Response during Acceleration, i.e, during acceleration, when all of its 4-valves activates from the Regular working 2-valves at the Low revs.

Alongwith as per vr.46 quoted, Oxygen sensors Malfunctioning trouble.

But later on that was replaced with the Improved & better performing V-TEC & i-VTEC systems in the City ZX & ANHC versions resp.

@Anjan' date=' Nice advice, 

What will be the expected FE of a 1.3, 1.5 & Vtec OHCs?
[/quote']

I also 100% agree with Rahul & anjan's advice.

Spare parts availability definitely will be a problem for OHCs, as most of the Manufacturers usually supplies/promises Spare for 8-10(=7-8 years actually) years after discontinuing their Cars.

FE(estimated)    City          Highway 

1.3 OHC -         10kmpl         12-14.

1.5                       9-10            12-15.

1.5 V-tec             8-10            11-13. 
dr_nishu2010-06-24 20:58:43

Hi bala,

I am proud owner of OHC 98 1.3 model i was stick with her 3 yrs now.

i got same issue when i choosing her. but after my purchase she is awesome.

there is no big bill for service even to the authorized service station.

my city gives 12-13 on traffics and

15-16 on high ways.

comes to spares this is still amaze easy to get even after market is cheaper and reliable.

so i suggest OHC if you need more power go for 1.5 i dont know exactof Vtech performance.smiley32.gifsmiley32.gif 

Did you check out the lancer?

Or have you decided not to go for it at any cost.

Anyways, 1.10 lakh seems to be a good price for non-accidental first owner car.

But still, its your choice after all.

Did you check out the lancer?
Or have you decided not to go for it at any cost.
Anyways' date=' 1.10 lakh seems to be a good price for non-accidental first owner car.
But still, its your choice after all.[/quote']

The price is Ok, but black out is what stops me winner.

If I get a good lancer cheap, i would go for it.

My search list is like

OHC( vtec, 1.5, 1.3)~ 2.5

Baleno~2.5

Accent CRDI~ 2.5 (Now added, courtesy Rahul )

Palio ~ 1

Lancer~2

All I can say is that a cousin of mine has an OHC with 1.3L on the clock, purring like a kitten in Mumbai.

As for the VTeC problem, any car driven passively may have this. I still remember the Zens' with sticking 2nd butterflies in their carbs.

There is no such thing as a pre owned diesel car that was used for just 25K km in 5 years. Look carefully and you'll probably see that its done atleast 80K km (that's when the Accent CRDI becomes a ticking time bomb).

@ CB: I agree with dtandon. That Accent sounds fishy and I am sure you will chnage your mind once you take a look at it. Diesel and only 25,000 kms are opposites! Avoid diesels when you are buying used cars and definitely avoid diesels with high mileage. 

Even for me it sounds fishy regarding Accent CRDI.

I am planning to take the OHC which I would be buying, to Capital Honda for a thorough check up( to find if all the parts are ok ) @ Rs 1800.

Is this price ok or any other place for cheaper or just taking a mech is enough?

Heard from a dealer' date=' a Accent CRDI 2004/5 done 25k or something for 2.75 negotiable, need to check it tomorrow.[/quote']

I would request you not to hurry up at all and take lots and lots of time to decide and then make the deal final.

Even as you are based in Chennai look out only for a car with a local registration. If you like the car you can check up with the RTO about its accident record.The RTO office maintains such records and the delaing clerks mostly oblige with revelations.

The taxes are upto date as its OTT in most states.

@bala

stay away from Accent CRDI , the 3 potter is a pain , 100% guarantee of engine issue after 50K km.

if u streh your budget by 30K u can grab your self an Elentra also, it is fun to ride

if u streh your budget by 30K u can grab your self an Elentra also' date=' it is fun to ride
[/quote']

IIRC, Elantra can't cope up with OHC in terms of reliability, FE, Cheap maintainance, Resale, so avoided it. In my search I came across a Sonata for around 3L

@bala

u'll find sonata here in mumbai for 2.25-50 lac , you can even get a V6 if u own a petrol pump. They are quite cheap here.

Elentra is not that expensive to maintain , afaik they are equal to OHC, yes parts are an issue in open market but not difficult to maintain. Do take a look at Optra and Aveo also

@ Bala "I am planning to take the OHC which I would be buying, to Capital Honda for a thorough check up( to find if all the parts are ok ) @ Rs 1800."

thats daylight robbery , they just have to charge labour cost for checking the car

Yes sarabjeet is right bala.

I've heard that some of the Accent CRDi's are having the Engine Over-heating Issues.

& 6 years Old with just 25k on the ODO !! Just look & ask for its details, that whether it was used regularly or remained Stationary for long periods !

If the latter is true, then Look at the Hardened Gaskets, Seals, Rubber linings inside the Bonnet, etc.

Take a Careful & thorough look at it..

Lancer D for 1.1 lacs is a Steal man, but except the Sky-high priced spare parts everthing is fine for her, atleast better than Sonata.

Surprised, not seeing Baleno or Esteem. These two are supposed to be the best petrol sedans for a second buy.

Esteems should be available for that price. Even i would go for a petrol used car rather than a diesel.

Surprised' date=' not seeing Baleno or Esteem. These two are supposed to be the best petrol sedans for a second buy.
Esteems should be available for that price. Even i would go for a petrol used car rather than a diesel.
[/quote']

Not interested in Esteem because of its looks. Baleno, I am coming across, buy couldn't find a decent one.

PS- Reading in most forums that Baleno's spares are tough to aquire & also sky high priced.

NV stands for 'New Version' if I'm right. I read it somewhere.

Yeah I too heard that NV Fe is better.

I believe the difference was some minor engine tweak new interior trim or something.

GuruJano, please enlighten us!!

Some '+' to mentioned by bala,

5. EDIT: All Palios with Instrument Clocks borrowed from the 1.6 GTX versions with White/Blue shade combo, alongwith Standard Tachometer.

6. Speedometer Re-calibrated for its 80-Profile 165/80 tyres, as earlier to that 'nv' model palios are having Speedo calibrated for 70 profile tyres as per for International & 1.6 GTX versions.

Its the Secret & hidden reason behind the low FE of Palio, as it always showed lower distance travelled than the Actual distance traversed.

7. New Metallic Shades, like Sku Blue type, etc.

8. Special 'nv' suffix to the Palio logo on the boot.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/8108/cat/6

OHC VTEC for Rs 3 lakh in Bangalore.

EDIT: Palio 1.2 for just a lakh! But sadly in Pune!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/7857/cat/4

He needs the car in Chennai itself.

Bangalore aint too far, but KA reg plates can be a problem.

Here's  something from Coimby 1.2 Palio for 1.6lakh.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/7776/cat/4

arkboypunk12010-06-29 17:19:44