sb-alto

Fiat Punto 90HP

Whats so special in punto spotrs?

Even the Punto 1.4 has a 89 BHP engine.

It is disappointing as it has 90 BHP when people were expecting 100+ horses.

So the in-gear acceleration timings are almost the same. There is hardly a 1.4 second improvment in its 0-100 timing which still does not change the fact that it is one of the slowest cars around in its class.

So its pretty much a meaningless moniker except for the fancy red seats and quality improvments.

Maybe instead of calling it the Punto Sport, they should call it the

Punto - Improved to the standard where it should have been in the first place

Where are the fancy red seats?
I cant see them.

the artical say's fiat is offering red stiches to leather , maybe the red seat was a show-off

6.70 ex-showroom , very close to Jazz
sarabjeet2010-06-23 11:46:03

The new Punto should be the less muscular descendant of the Palio 1.6GT. The 1.6 GT was no doubt a gas guzzler and  a petrol but a true blue petrolhead's delight. The sale figures for the 1.6GT were dismal though as the fuel consumption for this car was around 8-9 kmpl.

The Punto Sports with its VGT is a diesel and the fuel consumption because of the incremental bhp may be negligible.

So this may appeal to the Indian buyer but for the higher price tag attached, though  the market condition is just right for this variant.

I'm too curious to drive this Gorgeous Italian Beauty, just wondering What will be the feeling of pressing its Accelerator Pedal to the max on an Open Stretch of the Road ! smiley10.gif 

But sadly 15% Price rise isn't seems to be Justified there ??

O.T: Surprised & Shocked by the absence of Bala's post here !

O.T: Surprised & Shocked by the absence of Bala's post here !

Yes, may be he is already enjoying the test drive or might just have booked one. You never know when Bala and Fiat will come together. smiley2.gif

Yes' date=' may be he is already enjoying the test drive or might just have booked one. You never know when Bala and Fiat will come together. smiley2.gif
[/quote']

Had his father along with meny others(including my dad) not scorned by Fiat in the past, he might have already owned one. Therefore, he is settling on the Swift.

I think now he might be trying to convince his father to buy a Palio to fill the slot of that second hand car that he out looking forsmiley36.gif.

An excerpts from ET on this Punto

"Floor this baby and you can immediately notice the extra pep in performance. The extra pep comes from the same engine that powers its bigger sibling, the Linea. Shifting from first to second in the powerband induces an almost first gear wheelspin thanks to the massive wave of torque. This is the result of the variable geometry turbocharger that not only offers a higher power output but also aids drivability and fuel efficiency thanks to lesser use of throttle"
creativebala2010-06-25 11:57:47

What completely baffles me is, the Punto is about 100kgs lighter than the Linea, and they share the same engine and gearbox. Yet the Punto Sport  is 1.4sec slower from 0-100kmph than the Linea. How did this happen!

BornFree2010-06-25 12:57:43

the Punto is about 100kgs lighter than the Linea' date=' and they share the same engine and gearbox. Yet the Punto Sport  is 1.4sec slower from 0-100kmph than the Linea......How did this happen! [/quote']

Exactly my thoughts. This Punto can't be commented unless we TD a production version car.

I think making it too tall geared will make it difficult to drive smoothly especially in the city. I had the opportunity to ride backseat in the Sonata Transform CRDI (automatic) taxi in Singapore, it had disconcerting bursts of acceleration which makes it very difficult drive smoothly, there'd be a sudden discernible tug beyond 2500 rpm. The turbo lag was huge. Much worse than the Cruze Manual which I TDed some time ago.