drkunaldas

A New Sedan

Dear Car Enthus,

I am new to this forum but am a keen follower of cars. I am looking for a new sedan. My budget is 5-6 lacs. My requirements - a sedan (already own a small car - Santro), good driver's car and good safety features. Which is the cheapest sedan with most safety features like ABS, Airbags, etc. I request suggestions of the forum members. I am not in a hurry, and is Auto-expo 2008 likely to throw some good new afforable choices?

if you cant strech your budget to sx4, wait for maruti's new sedan(swift based), which is expected to be launched by february 2008

i feel that, it will be a nice car. suzuki is also planning to export it from india

heres the link:

http://www.ndtvprofit.com/homepage/storybusinessnew.asp?id=41858&template=&cache=11/21/2007%209:39:10%20PM

logan is an option to consider, but there is no ABS option. i feel that, it is better to avoid accidents using ABS than provide just driver side airbag.i am not saying that, ABS is useless, but my first pick will be ABS, then only airbag

I would avoid any new vehicle until it has been on the market for a few months. Irrespective of how much testing has been done by the manufacturer some minor glitches always remain, which are only discovered when the vehicle is in the market.  Let them be ironed out before going for any vehicle. 

but now, india market has improved, and the manufacturers are now repairing the minor problems, under warranty. so no need to worry. go ahead and get a newly launched vehicle. only concern will be the success of that particular model in the market.

but now' date=' india market has improved, and the manufacturers are now repairing the minor problems, under warranty. so no need to worry. go ahead and get a newly launched vehicle. only concern will be the success of that particular model in the market.[/quote']

The SX4 has made a Great Success and i am Sure it will fulfil your need go for the ZXi variant in the SX4 and its worth the Strecth of your budget

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Dear Car Enthus' date='

I am new to this forum but am a keen follower of cars. I am looking for a new sedan. My budget is 5-6 lacs. My requirements - a sedan (already own a small car - Santro), good driver's car and good safety features. Which is the cheapest sedan with most safety features like ABS, Airbags, etc. I request suggestions of the forum members. I am not in a hurry, and is Auto-expo 2008 likely to throw some good new afforable choices?
[/quote']

you dont have to stretch yur budget... with 5 - 6L, yu have Esteem, Accent, Logan
Out of these Esteem and Accent are proved to be good and performers but they are old
by design. Logan has a new design and heard its performing good too... yu can select one
of these three according to your priorities

Dear Car Enthus' date='

[/quote']

you dont have to stretch yur budget... with 5 - 6L, yu have Esteem, Accent, Logan
Out of these Esteem and Accent are proved to be good and performers but they are old
by design. Logan has a new design and heard its performing good too... yu can select one

Yep Logan is Very good car but be sure you stay away from Petrol LOGAN , go only for Diesel LOGAN

Cheerssmiley20.gif

there arent any gud options in this range. even i was looking for one in this budget but had to stretch by budget for honda city (8lacs).

stretch a little & go for sx4 vxi. 6.5 lacs. worth it. nop other car gud enough

Yup city will be an Indeal Choice for you or else Stick to Logan Diesel

?

regards' date='

Priya
[/quote']

Where would you get a City for 5-6 lacs? Please look at the original post before advising.

Dear Car Enthus' date='

[/quote']

Yep Logan is Very good car but be sure you stay away from Petrol LOGAN , go only for Diesel LOGAN

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Diesel Logan starts at min 7.1L on road

Logan starts at 7.4 on road Mumbai.

The Price of Logan Diesel starts from 6.6 lacs on road Mangalore

price of SX4 Starts from 7.34 lacs on Road Mangalore

Price of city ZX starts from 8.4 lacs on Road Mangalore

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your overwhelming response. You have suggested many options. I would like to know which sedan has the best safety features (incl. airbags and ABS). the cars in my mind are SX4 Zxi, Logan 1.4/1.6 petrol/1.5Diesel lower spec, Aveo 1.4, Fiesta 1.4/1.6, Verna petrol. Please advise within my budget of 5-6 lacs. Max strech upto 6.5L. i know SX4 ZXi is the best VFM but it is out of budget. Are any of the next yr lauches like Fabia / Liana / others likely to fit my budget.

Yes the SX4 ZXi is the best for you.  You are not going to regret paying the extra cash for that.  None of the other cars in your list are offering safety features in your budget.  Or you could wait for the Esteem replacement next year, considering Maruti's current obsession with safety. 

Jitz.

Hi,

The new sedan from Maruti on the swift platform is worth waiting for if you like the design (i personally didnt). U can check pics on the net for this car its expected by March.

Otherwise there is no sedan worth spending in the prise range you mentioned.