sonal001

i20 or swift petrol version ?

Well the problem with the Polo is that their after sakes service is still a suspect.

I would recommend you have a look at the Nissan Micra as well.

Well the problem with the Polo is that their after sakes service is still a suspect.

I would recommend you have a look at the Nissan Micra as well.

VW still sells cars like Jetta and passat which are not few in numbers. Moreover they are in a JV with Maruti now. So After sales and service wont be that bad. There is no such complaints as such with their service till now.

Where is Nissan in After sales and service ? If VW after sales and service is a suspect, then I presume Nissan's after sales and service is non-existent.

Alright the i20 is out because of a very good reason and being the owner of one I can say the AC ain't a chiller .The Polo is a good car but in comfortline varient some basic things are missing like passenger cannot lock the door and the driver doesn't have power window switch for rear passenger ,also the car is a size smaller to i20 ,sorry to say but the car is not as peppy as say the swift .

Ford Figo is a good car in diesel avataar and I think the 150cc compressor makes the petrol engine feel like an alto were you notice power sap .Sorry to confuse but buy Figo if you want diesel .

Why not wait for the Mirca as the reviews feel promising ?

If VW after sales and service is a suspect' date=' then I presume Nissan's after sales and service is non-existent.
[/quote']

The general perception of an Indian is

"Japanese machines are reliable, FE, trouble free & easy to maintain where as European cars are troublesome, costs bomb to maintain & are not reliable"

Japanese cars are unexciting' date=' fuel efficient, have no steering feedback and are bought only by old people.[/quote']

Few yrs before when it comes to racing, it was OHC Vtec/ Baleno/ Lancers. (all were exciting and racers are youngsters)

OT- seems we are going OT, so this discussion be best left here.
creativebala2010-07-05 10:12:31

Here is my view of japanese cars except Mitsu

Japanese cars are unexciting, fuel efficient, have no steering feedback and are bought only by old people.

Friends, have anyone tested polo? pls share your experience in details regarding the same. Is it worth waiting for 4 months or paying 35000/- extra premium to get this car?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I, frankly speaking, dont like this car.

Bland styling, cramped interior, unexciting petrol engine.

Heck, why would you even want to buy it?

Friends' date=' what about polo's spare parts and service? [/quote']

Here's the Comparitive chart of Spare parts prices of all the Cars, published in AutoCar India's July 2010 Issue,

spare20part20price.jpg

Surprisingly, some of the Spare parts of the VW Polo are even cheaper than Tata Indica Vista.

Friends' date=' have anyone tested polo? pls share your experience in details regarding the same.[/quote']  

I've Test Driven it ..

& have also posted my TD-experience here in the forum, but it was lost few weeks backs due to the Server breakdown.

So will Re-post that by tomorrow evening.

Hope sonal you're not in a hurry till evening of 7/7/10..
dr_nishu2010-07-06 20:56:42

Friends' date=' have anyone tested polo? pls share your experience in details regarding the same. Is it worth waiting for 4 months or paying 35000/- extra premium to get this car?

[/quote']

Polo is a great car with immense road presence. Only fly in the ointment will be service. I would definitely consider a Polo but with a little more power than what we get now. It will be thirsty, especially with the 1.6 engine. Wish they soon bring out the 1.2 TSI for a combination of power and FE, but with the way VW is taking its own sweet time in ramping up production, it will be another 1.5 years before 1.2 TSI makes it here. I'd rather wait than cough up 35K as "premium".

If you can afford a Swift Zxi then there is no need to consider a Polo. I will prefer a car with ABS/airbags more than a base version of other car. Moreover you will get the Stereo with Zxi and alloy wheels too. 

Sorry for the Delay Sonal,

Here's the Polo 1.2 petrol TD review,

dsc00574f.jpg

Exteriorly:

I've TD driven its 1.2 Petrol Highline variant in Red shade. Looks wise Its an Awesome looking car with low-Slung design & Immense presence amongst the Hatchbacks, probably nearly around the Hyundai i20.

And Smart Alloys, Rear-Wash wipe, defoggers & Integrated Rear-Spoiler, etc further Completing & Enhancing its looks.

But IMO, White is the Best Shade in the Polo, followed by the Black & Also Hats-off to the VW for the Truly German Fit-Finish & Build Quality of the Polo & It seems that this VW will not become old atleast even after 10 years after the Purchase.

Interiors:

The Highline variant was pretty loaded with almost all kinds of features except Electric Mirrors & Automatic Climate Control System.

Best bit of its Interiors being the lighting of its Instrument Console, Switches & Buttons.

Seating is also Comfortable with Adequate Contours of the seat to Support the body in front & rear seats.

Engine & Driveabilty:

On Cranking, Its Petrol engine starts with the Typical rorty note which becomes slightly Racy when Revved.smiley20.gif

Acceleration is also Good & Strong, starting from the 1st Gear.

Gearing & Gearshifts both are Excellent with 2nd Gear reaching Max of upto 80kmph & here's the VW Engineering shows- As Surprisingly the Power delivery is in a very Smooth & Refined manner(unlike other 3-cyl Engines which becomes Jittery & Coarse on Revving Hard).

I've driven the Polo upto the Speeds of 130kmph & It felt much Stable, Confident & Relaxed at that Speeds(as compared to Swift & i20, which feels very Light at high speeds).

As I've Test driven her in the Evening in the month of May & at that time its AC also felt Good.

My Verdict:

With Starting Price of 4.54 lacs for base version & ARAI Claimed FE of 17.2kmpl, the Polo seems to be the Good VFM with Superb German Engineering, Space, Looks & Built Quality. 

dr_nishu2010-07-08 20:11:51

Does the base variant of Polo got ABS ?

Swift Vxi ABS is a deal at 4.68L (ex showroom new Delhi). K series engine is the most fuel efficient of all the 1.2 petrol motors, whatever ARAI may claim. The stability of Polo is because of wider apollo aceleres. If swift Vxi can be upsized to 185 or even if the stock Vxi tyres can be changed to better rubber (same size), stability improves a lot and is not worth a complain.

Moreover Vxi comes with fog lamps and ABS, which are must have for a Delhi buyer.

Maintenance cost and service cost of Polo is higher than that of Swift. So are spare parts cost. So in the long run a Swift is much more economical. 

sb-alto2010-07-09 07:22:15

Guys, Lets have a poll....and see which one wins!!!!

A) Swift - petrol

B) Polo - petrol

Which one will you choose, if you were in my place?

Thank you very much for all the help....

There should be option c: none

Both the above cars are ugly and cramped and outdated(swift only)

I still wonder why you rejected the figo and the punto?winner482010-07-09 12:46:43

I think I will stick on to the safer choice (Not talking about safety!!). Opt for Swift. And think I will be opting for Swift ZXi!

Go throug the July issue of Autocarindia and you will see more reasons to go for a Maruti! Spare parts are much cheaper and service is easily available.

I think I will stick on to the safer choice (Not talking about safety!!). Opt for Swift. And think I will be opting for Swift ZXi!

Go throug the July issue of Autocarindia and you will see more reasons to go for a Maruti! Spare parts are much cheaper and service is easily available.

Really appreciable suggestion. I was saying the same. Either Vxi ABS or Zxi if you can afford it. Spares and service is cheaper than VW.

Even I will put safety first. In the same price Swift Vxi ABS is better than base Polo just because it has got ABS.

sb-alto2010-07-09 19:08:49

Guys, Thanks a ton for all your suggestions. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

With you help i have zeroed down to swift. Yes it's about to change, but then there are hell lot of factors in its favor....like good mileage, still looks good to me, maintenance, resale, good pick up, new engine, etc

I was suppose to book it yesterday only, but then my didi and jiju came in. So will now book in next 2 to 3 days.

Thanks once again Guys!!!!!!

BornFree2010-07-12 05:06:42

there are rumours of the new swift being launched this diwali along with the existing swift !! but the doubt still remain about what the existing "in-queue" users would be getting and will the new one will be worth the upgrade ??