So I think I should also do the same as you sir.

@Dr.Nishu, I'm getting >16 kmpl in City and ~20 kmpl on Highway! Cant ask for more! In city I use it generally for Geri. Highway is when I go to college, approx 32 km. So up and down ~65 km costs me for 175 rupees. Pretty convincing.

So I think I should also do the same as you sir.

@Dr.Nishu' date=' I'm getting >16 kmpl in City and ~20 kmpl on Highway! Cant ask for more! In city I use it generally for Geri. Highway is when I go to college, approx 32 km. So up and down ~65 km costs me for 175 rupees. Pretty convincing. [/quote']

I bet you must be very regular to college just for the long drive in the City, with frugal engine to boot. Those mileage figures are unbelievable, probably, fall in Alto/A-Star territory.smiley20.gif

That is a really good FE figure. One thing for sure, these VTEC thing is a miracle by Honda. So much of R&D went in that it made it the engine of future.

As for the K-series engine, they are lighter with the use of lighter materials, but with minor tweaks inside. I remember the old Zen used to give an ad " Aircraft Technology-- the use of all aluminium components in an engine" some 7-8 years back. But Honda is sure to take the technology things too seriously.

I was reading that article posted by SG sir in "Subzero's" Civic thread. Must say Honda at its best. No other company emphasizes so much just on the engine.

Yes definitely. And I never feel it as a burden on the pocket. And thinking from the point of view of the premium that I have paid for it, I guess i'll cover it up sooner than expected. ;)

Here's a link that'll surprise you. Its pretty old. The video clarity is indecent, but my commentary will make things easier.

I dont know how much error there is in the calculation by the meter, but tankful to tankful, I sometimes get 21 or more. Depends entirely on the driving skill and mood.

Upto 20kmpl for such a Big car is excellent.

Who wants diesel then ! I'm pretty sure that their 2CV is going to deliver at least 25kmpl in Easy & Cool driving style..

But Sadly, Honda cars bodyshell Steel is so light that sometimes/during some Incidents their Airbags also become helpless.

Mileage update --

460 km since last tankful- 100% CITY USAGE with AC 100% -- very sedate driving style. The fuel-efficiency meter shows 16.7 kmpl. This time I have driven strictly ~ 40-50 km/hr in the city -- on the other side -- Have not switched off the engine and AC on any of the traffic lights (some of which include a red light of 100 seconds), have waited for family members outside in the car (Cranked up and Idling) -- ALL THIS EXPERIMENTAL.

The needle has finally come down to the E mark. Just a li'l bit above it. The Range shows another 60 km. The RESERVE FUEL light is still nowhere to be seen. I guess tomorrow morning when I crank it up, it'll show up!

Looking at the needle, I feel I should get the 'demon' refueled, but looking at the Range displayed and the Reserve light still not on, I am waiting! Just pray, that I dont get stuck in the middle of nowhere (although tomorrow again its going to be a city driving day).

-Drifty

Here is a video ( 2 concatenated vid's)

Fuel efficiency -- the latest one! That I have mentioned in my previous post. Based on the mentioned driving conditions.

Video Link ( To Youtube ) -- -07-08-X .

-- Drifty!

Sorry guys, the video was not clear, YOUTUBE IMPLICITLY CONVERTED IT TO A BAD FORMAT. Here is a new link.

The New - Updated Link -- 07-08-2o1o

Drifty!