krish-iitm

My Bad i10 Experience

I have lots of bad expereinces with my i10 Asta 1.2 . Let me list out.

1. Mileage : Till by car clocked 1000km I have been regularly checking the mileage and it was between 9 and 10 in city and 14 to 15 in highway with 25% AC. When I talked to the dealer ( Orion Hyundai, Gurgaon ) they consoled me saying that mileage will improve after second service. After second service, the mileage was checked ( 6month, 4000km ). When I checked the mileage it was 7.6km/lit smiley19.gif with 100%AC - 2-3km/day CITY driving. This is the mileage of a TATA truck or bus.

2. AC - AC doesnt give enough cooling during peak summer season during day time. Even my Alto quickly make the cabin cool during scrotching summer.

3. Poor pick up with AC on at 3rd and 4th gear.

4. Small small issues keeps cropping up. Like an irritating sound from steering column.Though rectified. Now I am getting a noice from the accelrator pedal and the accelator pedal feels hard when the speed crosses 80 kmph

5. Terrible After sales support. The service of  Orion Hyundai, gurgaon is pathetic. When I got vehicle after second service, the alignment of steering was changed by 90 degrees ( they dismantled the steering for checking the noice )and I had to return the vehicle immediately. I was waiting ath show room and got it rectified. Their dealings are the worst. We have to run from one person to another requesting attention. After taking the vehicle I had to wait for half an hour at the gate to come out since all the vehicles brought for sevice was line up and service advisers were attending them . Nobody cared to clear the block so that the customer's time is not wasted waiting to clear the block.

Guys ..please dont by i10. You will land up in trouble like me.

Warm Reagrds

Unnkrishnan

I have lots of bad expereinces with my i10 Asta 1.2 . Let me list out.

1. Mileage : Till by car clocked 1000km I have been regularly checking the mileage and it was between 9 and 10 in city and 14 to 15 in highway with 25% AC. When I talked to the dealer ( Orion Hyundai' date=' Gurgaon ) they consoled me saying that mileage will improve after second service. After second service, the mileage was checked ( 6month, 4000km ). When I checked the mileage it was 7.6km/lit smiley19.gif with 100%AC - 2-3km/day CITY driving. This is the mileage of a TATA truck or bus.

2. AC - AC doesnt give enough cooling during peak summer season during day time. Even my Alto quickly make the cabin cool during scrotching summer.

3. Poor pick up with AC on at 3rd and 4th gear.

4. Small small issues keeps cropping up. Like an irritating sound from steering column.Though rectified. Now I am getting a noice from the accelrator pedal and the accelator pedal feels hard when the speed crosses 80 kmph

5. Terrible After sales support. The service of  Orion Hyundai, gurgaon is pathetic. When I got vehicle after second service, the alignment of steering was changed by 90 degrees ( they dismantled the steering for checking the noice )and I had to return the vehicle immediately. I was waiting ath show room and got it rectified. Their dealings are the worst. We have to run from one person to another requesting attention. After taking the vehicle I had to wait for half an hour at the gate to come out since all the vehicles brought for sevice was line up and service advisers were attending them . Nobody cared to clear the block so that the customer's time is not wasted waiting to clear the block.

Guys ..please dont by i10. You will land up in trouble like me.

Warm Reagrds

Unnkrishnan
[/quote']

Sad thing to have happened. Call the company helpline, mail the top honchos about the erring dealer, get your complaint registered and also try out some other dealer in the NCR to get the car going for the better.

Yes, its time that you call the company and bring it to their notice. I guess the car has got some tuning problem. Normal service wont fix such troubles. If possible go to another service station to check their opinion. If they are also clue less then you got to call the company.

1.You are not the first victim of i10's mileage. I've seen many complaining about it's FE. From what i heard, many gets below 10.

2. Regarding AC, i was victimized last week in my friend's car, I thought it was confined to 1.1 only but now I am learning, its common to i family.

3. The 1.2 mill's low end is nothing to talk about. I feel the 1.1 is better here.

Today only i discussed on why people falling prey for just Beige interiors when they can get a over all super star (Swift/ Ritz) for little more.

A small suggestion- Try Shell petrol for sometime, as this could also be caused because of bad fuel.

@ bala

i10 auto has pathetic figures.

Thats why I asked him/her if he/she has an auto?

The manual is pretty Fuel efficient.

And the i family is export oriented, so the AC is bad.

@krish - Well this is the first time  I heard something bad about  i10 . mileage you quoted  is indeed poor for a small car .Don't feel bad . IMO ,the car you received might have been defective one and dealer  might have duped you. IMHO ,There is no use in contacting the company . Its wise to go a consumer court , But do consider it as last option after exhausting all options.

try changing the dealer and if possible go for a new car and sell this car  , yes it hurts but the petrol charges account for the same thing in the long run,

That's a very bad experience krish !!

How much mileage your car i10 have clocked till to date ?

What are the Speeds & Road's Traffic conditions at which you drive your i10 ??

Since he mentioned 1.2 Magna' date=' it has to be manual as Auto comes with 1.4.
[/quote']

1.1l iRDE i10 comes in Manual GB only, while the Auto gearbox exclusively comes with 1.2l kappa engine.

@bala - it is 1.2 asta variant he mentioned not 1.2 magna .

@winner48 - the export variant varies considerably - see the dashboard is black in colour not beige , also the export variant has adjustable head restraints , regarding ac its optional in some  markets of europe - so AC should be good ( since your selling here ) . I have not heard any complaints about AC from my friends who own  i10

@krish - please specify whether you have auto or manual gearbox.

Hi friends

My car clocked 4500km

Mine is i10 Asta 1.2 Manual

I dont think, there is any point in condacting Hyundai Cust Care. They have a standard well drafted reply and they send it to all customers.  I am really confused what to do.

Thanks for your feedbacks

Unnikrishnan

Hi friends

My car clocked 4500km

Mine is i10 Asta 1.2 Manual

I dont think' date=' there is any point in condacting Hyundai Cust Care. They have a standard well drafted reply and they send it to all customers.  I am really confused what to do.

Thanks for your feedbacks

Unnikrishnan
[/quote']

Bangalore must have a Hyundai Motor Plaza, give it a try, they are better as they are company owned; so no vested interests and dish out better service.

Do not be so demoralized and do not give up so easily. Do as DD is saying. Its your money and your car. They got to set it right if you ask them. Give it a try. Hyundai is not that blindfolded towards its customer. I think you will receive a lot of calls once you write to them. 

@DD - there have been lot of complaints about Hyundai motor  plaza In Delhi , so its not wise for for krish to show his car there.

For manual asta the figure are indeed poor( how come ARAI is quoting a figure of 19.81 KM/litre fot 1.2 manual ?-No accountability)

@DD - there have been lot of complaints about Hyundai motor  plaza In Delhi ' date=' so its not wise for for krish to show his car there.

For manual asta the figure are indeed poor( how come ARAI is quoting a figure of 19.81 KM/litre fot 1.2 manual ?-No accountability)

[/quote']

Im talking from my experience of HMP in Chennai which has given me good service for last 10 years.

hyundai i10 1.2 has mileage problems.dont expect more than 10-11 kmpl. the 7.6 kmpl might be due to car being driven in heavy traffic and fuel adulteration. now a days their is rapid adulteration !! you should contact the people at hyundai who will help you rest the guys at dealerships are loosers !!!

hyundai i10 1.2 has mileage problems.dont expect more than 10-11 kmpl. the 7.6 kmpl might be due to car being driven in heavy traffic and fuel adulteration. now a days their is rapid adulteration !! you should contact the people at hyundai who will help you rest the guys at dealerships are loosers !!!

8 kpl is what I get from my Elantra with a 1.8 L engine. I agree B'lore has very nasty traffic jams but this mileage is too low for a 1.2 L manual. Ideally, take her for a long drive and also change the petrol pump from where you are filling, then you'll be able to locate the real issue and also get an injector cleaning done. In future it may be advisable to use an additive before filling the tank with gas.

8 kmpl is too low. I am getting 14 kmpl in ANHC and that too goes through one of the busiest sections in peak office hours mostly. A 1 tonne car with a 1.2liter engine should give atleast 12.

Get a thorough checkup done, if you wish from a private service centre, for any blockages, residual matter.

Also, I think some service centres have a mileage test that can be done if there really is a problem. Check if that can be done.

PS. Heard from some that Hans Hyundai near Najafgadh is good. And so is HMP in Mathura road. Try contacting them

Hi freinds

Thanks for your feed back. I posted a compaint to Hyundai Custmer Care. To my surprise, a lady called from Hyundai and I appraised her of all the issue. She listened very patiently and promised me to pick the car from my office, tommorrow. She promised me that a thorough check will be done.

Let us see the outcome. I  will keep you updated.

By the way, what is the expanxion of  ANHC

Warm Regards

Unnikrishnan