car_lover

First Dream Hatchback-5 L(Ex-showroom)

Hello Esteem Members, 

First of all let me congratulate all of you for creating such a wonderful platform. I am planning to buy a car for myself (My first car emotion-1.gif). I must admit that I don

For 15 -20km of daily usage diesel seems to be a better buy, but you can also do with a fuel efficient petrol.

Within 5L budget, you will get the Figo and Ritz diesel (both lowest variant) but without power windows and lots of other goodies.

For your 5-10" height WagonR and Ritz seems to be better buy as both these cars are tall boy and has lots of front passenger space.

WagonR with 1.0 litre K series engine is very fuel efficient(petrol) and so is Ritz Ldi (diesel) with 1.3litre DDis one. Added benefit is your cheap and reliable Maruti Service.

To sum up :

1. WagonR  VXi ABS if you want it to be a petrol car(4.21L in Hyd)

2.Ritz LDi (lacks power windows) if you want it diesel. (4.82L in Hyd)

3. If usage is strictly restricted to city then WagonR seems to be a better buy.

4. If highway travel is there then consider Ritz diesel (75bhp and better highway manners than WagonR)

5. You wont get Airbags in a 5L car (as of now) but ABS is super essential.

Note:  1. Resale value of Ritz Ldi is more. Running cost of Ritz is less.

2. You get lots of features in WagonR Vxi ABS which Ritz Ldi lacks.

3. WagonR has got better visibility than Ritz

4. If you can extend your budget to 5.18L then Ritz Vdi (with Power    windows) can be recommended

sb-alto2010-07-09 09:49:42

For your kind of usage, I will suggest you only a petrol car.

I think Ritz ZXi will best suit your needs. The ex-showroom will be exactly 5lakhs, after 15k discount. It is very easy to drive, even for novice drivers. ZXi varaint also comes with seat height adjustment, could improve the visibility further more. And the basic features like, Music System, Cetral locking with remote, Wider tyres, Alloys etc are also coming standard in ZXi variant.

I own a Ritz VDi ABS, hence could comment on the improtance of safety features as well. There was no ZDi variant available, hence I had to settle for VDi ABS!

I have clocked 24,700km till date and the car is performing very well without any glitches. Felt very comfortable during long drives as well.

In my opinion a first car should be the most peace of mind car. The one that has been proven in the market, and the one that you cant go wrong with.

That brings only two cars in the specified budget in my mind- Hyundai i10 and Maruti Suzuki Ritz.

Both are priced very similar Ritz ZXI is 5.02 lakhs ex showroom Hyderabad and i10 Asta is 5.06 lakhs ex showroom Hyderabad.

i10 is more famous for its quality and better looks(personal opinion may differ). Both are similar on space, but Ritz has a taller seating which gives you a better view of road. There has also been complains that the beige interior of i10 reflects and causes problem in driving.

Ritz is said to be more fuel efficient, and is more powerful than i10, but that wont be a very big factor in city driving.

I would say take a pick from the two. Rest of the cars dont fit as perfectly fit into your requirements as these two.

It must be RITZ Petrol ZXi.

Easy to drive for the first timers with good visibility and a good package.

The only drawback (for some, at least...) is the rear shape which ends

abruptly  That is the only reason why a couple of my friends have gone

in for an i10. 

So, have a TD of both these cars.  I am sure you would like Ritz.  Also,

consider your wife's choice and take a joint decision.  Be that the make

or model or even the color.  That (joint decision making) always helps.

All the best and let us have some photos of your new purchase.

As per your choices & requirements, the Best City car comes out for you is Chevrolet Beat.

+ points:

Its pretty Good Looking, Powerful, Comfortable, Feature loaded & is of the Perfect size for the City conditions, all at very Tempting price of Rs.4,19,000 for its LT version.

Adding to the Peace of the Mind factor, It comes with 3-years Free Maintenance Programe.

You just enjoy your car for 3-years for filling Petrol only.

P.S: So Beat customers have experienced its Slow acceleration in its 2nd Gear, so please Test Drive it exhaustively before buying it.

While the Ritz is also a Good car great price, but its slightly big for the typical City conditions & usage.

@car_lover

Why not try Fiat Grande Punto. Features for all Petrol 1.2 models as follows.

Feature Active Dynamic Emotion Emotion Pack
spacer.gif
Power Steering dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Tilt Steering dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Clutch Foot Rest dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Central Door Locking dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Power Windows Front Front & Rear Front & Rear Front & Rear
spacer.gif
Foldable Grab Handle - Front & Rear (3) dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Desmodronic Foldable Key dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Remote Keyless Entry dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Electrically Adjust Outside Rear View Mirror dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Rear Window (Wiper + Washer) dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Rear Defogger with Timer dot.gif dot.gif
spacer.gif
Leather wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear shift knob

New car Indicative price quote for Fiat Grande Punto 1.2  Active in Hyderabad

Ex-Showroom price 4,38,798 (A)
RTO 42,992 (B)
Insurance 16,371 ©
On Road Price 4,98,161

New car Indicative price quote for Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic in Hyderabad

Ex-Showroom price 4,70,235 (A)
RTO 45,821 (B)
Insurance 17,471 ©
On Road Price 5,33,527 (E=A+B+C

New car Indicative price quote for Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion in Hyderabad

Ex-Showroom price 5,01,386 (A)
RTO 50,125 (B)
Insurance 18,562 ©
On Road Price 5,70,073
NAREN642010-07-09 15:39:59

Can either go for the usual lot or check out the news kids on the block: Figo, Micra. Sensible options would be those from the MSIL and Hyundai. This hatch back segment is getting rather crowded. 

Since Fuel efficiency is a major criteria, stay away from 1.2 petrol motors. For city use, the 1 litre engine of WagonR is good enough and efficient. So is Ritz ddis engine.

i10 recently has a lot of complaints regarding poor FE figures and steering vibration. Do not think that it will be worth taking risk.

Punto petrol is not at all fuel efficient. It is the least efficient among all 1.2 petrol hatches. Moreover Fiat/Tata After sales service is not too good.

Beat has got some problems. Poor headlamps, poor visibility (at rear) are just some of these. And this car is not selling too well.

Figo diesel Lxi is one good car but will have least amount of features being the base variant of the diesel. Figo petrol is underpowered and not that fuel efficient.

A piece of information :

Practical FE figures of Ritz ( from owners I know )

Ritz diesel - City :16-17kmpl

Highway: 21-24kmpl

Ritz Petrol - City : 13kmpl

Highway : 16kmpl.

*figures are with 100%AC

If you want to go for Ritz diesel please go for the Vdi model (with front and rear power windows).

sb-alto2010-07-09 19:49:17

For 15 -20km of daily usage diesel seems to be a better buy' date=' but you can also do with a fuel efficient petrol.

Within 5L budget, you will get the Figo and Ritz diesel (both lowest variant) but without power windows and lots of other goodies.

For your 5-10" height WagonR and Ritz seems to be better buy as both these cars are tall boy and has lots of front passenger space.

WagonR with 1.0 litre K series engine is very fuel efficient(petrol) and so is Ritz Ldi (diesel) with 1.3litre DDis one. Added benefit is your cheap and reliable Maruti Service.

To sum up :
1. WagonR  VXi ABS if you want it to be a petrol car(4.21L in Hyd)
2.Ritz LDi (lacks power windows) if you want it diesel. (4.82L in Hyd)
3. If usage is strictly restricted to city then WagonR seems to be a better buy.
4. If highway travel is there then consider Ritz diesel (75bhp and better highway manners than WagonR)
5. You wont get Airbags in a 5L car (as of now) but ABS is super essential.

Note:  1. Resale value of Ritz Ldi is more. Running cost of Ritz is less.
           2. You get lots of features in WagonR Vxi ABS which Ritz Ldi lacks.
           3. WagonR has got better visibility than Ritz
           4. If you can extend your budget to 5.18L then Ritz Vdi (with Power    windows) can be recommended
[/quote']

Thanks Sb-alto for your insights.

Diesel just managed to creeped in my picks because of the pricing, performance and features of newly launched Figo 1.4 TDCi. I can stretch my budget only in case I am going for Diesel engines because one cannot live with essentials like power windows and all........

You forgot I have a wife also and she is 5'3"...smiley36.gif 

Regarding FE :  I think the Ritz Petrol is more FE when compared to Figo 1.2 in the range of 1-2 kmpl ???? But again the Ritz is from ever reliable & proven Maruti Stable. Life is getting bad with choices.......smiley19.gif

Thats ture as far as visibility is concened I can safely rate like this : Figo > Wagon R> Ritz.

20 km/day= 600 km/month
600 km/month = 7200 km/year
Diesel not required.

Yes Winner48...you are bang on. I just kept Diesel as my one option due to superior pricing, performance and complete package of Figo 1.4 TDCi.

Why isn't the i20 Magna/Era in your list?
It is the best bang for you buck.

i20 Magna/Era are priced in the tune of 581000/535000 respectively.

i20 Magna is a bit pricey and i20 Era is stripped off model without many goodies which are essential.

For your kind of usage' date=' I will suggest you only a petrol car.

I think Ritz ZXi will best suit your needs. The ex-showroom will be exactly 5lakhs, after 15k discount. It is very easy to drive, even for novice drivers. ZXi varaint also comes with seat height adjustment, could improve the visibility further more. And the basic features like, Music System, Cetral locking with remote, Wider tyres, Alloys etc are also coming standard in ZXi variant.

I own a Ritz VDi ABS, hence could comment on the improtance of safety features as well. There was no ZDi variant available, hence I had to settle for VDi ABS!

I have clocked 24,700km till date and the car is performing very well without any glitches. Felt very comfortable during long drives as well.
[/quote']

Thanks a lot Carispassion for your insights. True. Ritz is a complete package even I am getting more inclined towards Ritz. It also come from ever reliable and proven Maruti stable.

Diesel engine was never a contender for me till they launced Figo 1.4 TDCi. It is the handling , performance , features and pricing of Figo Diesel lured me into this segment.

In my opinion a first car should be the most peace of mind car. The one that has been proven in the market' date=' and the one that you cant go wrong with.

That brings only two cars in the specified budget in my mind- Hyundai i10 and Maruti Suzuki Ritz.

Both are priced very similar Ritz ZXI is 5.02 lakhs ex showroom Hyderabad and i10 Asta is 5.06 lakhs ex showroom Hyderabad.

i10 is more famous for its quality and better looks(personal opinion may differ). Both are similar on space, but Ritz has a taller seating which gives you a better view of road. There has also been complains that the beige interior of i10 reflects and causes problem in driving.

Ritz is said to be more fuel efficient, and is more powerful than i10, but that wont be a very big factor in city driving.

I would say take a pick from the two. Rest of the cars dont fit as perfectly fit into your requirements as these two.
[/quote'] \

Thanks Rahul for your points and I completely agree with you on each and every point.

Till date  I was living in the fools paradise that we need to know how to drive a car and money (offcourse) to buy one. 

True. Ritz is a complete package even I am getting more inclined towards Ritz. It also carry Maruti label with it.

As far as Hyundai i10 is concerned it's now making me feel that it is overpriced. With the launch of cars like Figo , Beat , New Wagon R and their competitive pricing and discounts being offered by Ritz is making matters more worse for i10. This is my opinion only and no offence is meant to any of the owners. I may be wrong (sales figure of i10 suggest that I got it totally wrong )!!!!!

It must be RITZ Petrol ZXi.

Easy to drive for the first timers with good visibility and a good package.

The only drawback (for some' date=' at least...) is the rear shape which ends

abruptly  That is the only reason why a couple of my friends have gone

in for an i10. 

So, have a TD of both these cars.  I am sure you would like Ritz.  Also,

consider your wife's choice and take a joint decision.  Be that the make

or model or even the color.  That (joint decision making) always helps.

All the best and let us have some photos of your new purchase.
[/quote']

Thanks Rameshbabu for your valuable insights.

True. Ritz is a complete package even I am getting more inclined towards Ritz. It also carry Maruti label with it.

As far as Hyundai i10 is concerned it's now making me feel that it is overpriced. With the launch of cars like Figo , Beat , New Wagon R and their competitive pricing and discounts being offered by Ritz is making matters more worse for i10. This is my opinion only and no offence is meant to any of the owners. I may be wrong (sales figure of i10 suggest that I got it totally wrong )!!!!!

Well said but whether it is Joint decision or Her Decision we have to see  ??? Poor Me!!!!smiley36.gif

Colours -- > I am not even allowed to think about. Not my terittory.

Model ---> Hopefully Maurti though my heart is gaga about Figo.

Pics---> Will surely upload once I got the key of my first machine 

As per your choices & requirements' date=' the Best City car comes out for you is Chevrolet Beat.

+ points:

Its pretty Good Looking, Powerful, Comfortable, Feature loaded & is of the Perfect size for the City conditions, all at very Tempting price of Rs.4,19,000 for its LT version.

Adding to the Peace of the Mind factor, It comes with 3-years Free Maintenance Programe.

You just enjoy your car for 3-years for filling Petrol only.

P.S: So Beat customers have experienced its Slow acceleration in its 2nd Gear, so please Test Drive it exhaustively before buying it.

While the Ritz is also a Good car great price, but its slightly big for the typical City conditions & usage.
[/quote']

Beat is complete package and with its agressive pricing it is good value for money. With 3-years Free Maintenance around the corner make it more worthy. However there are many issues also with this beast like visibility is poor , claustrophobic rear , very less boot space , more than required curves , GM after sales service yet to prove themeselves.

P.S: These are my opinions only and no offence is meant to the owners.