car_lover

First Dream Hatchback-5 L(Ex-showroom)

@winner

Carwale.com' date=' the prices for Active & Dynamic were vice versa in Carwale, had to check the basic price in Fiat Web site & made corrections

[/quote']

Thanks for the complitation Naren. Punto has got looks for sure but not very FE as i came to know from the owners and Tata after sales service is a pain.

Can either go for the usual lot or check out the news kids on the block: Figo' date=' Micra. Sensible options would be those from the MSIL and Hyundai. This hatch back segment is getting rather crowded.  [/quote']

Very True Durango. Life is very bad with these choices around the corner.

My Heart keep on saying FIGO...FIGO but the brains keeps on  saying the heart to shut up and says i should go for Ritz or Blue Eyed Boy.

Lets see who wins.

I wish Ford have taken care of two things : Little more FE petrol engine & Non-existent bumper. If these two things were there then by now the Heart was the clear winner but it seems that Destiny has some other plans.

I am really getting confused ( thanks to Nissan for launching Micra also!!!!! )

That's a long list of your replies car lover,

But If Visiblity is you priority alongwith Peace of Fine factor, then New Wagon-R is the answer for you but considering your Budget & needs, you'll feel somewhat unsatisfied after owing one.

So, I've shortlisted Chevrolet Beat for you, as it's having Pretty decent performance & front visiblity too. Chevrolet's Service is also very Good & Satisfying now a days, so no problem at all in the End.

No doubt Ritz is good, but I've Test-driven Wagon-R, Ritz, Beat one after the another Consecutively & noticed the smaller Beat & W-R better manouverable ithe City conditions.

Driver's Visiblity wise I'd like to rate hatchbacks as following,

Nissan Micra> Ford Figo> MS Wagon-R > Chevrolet Beat> MS Ritz> MS Swift> Hyundai i20> VW Polo> Fiat Punto. 

Since Fuel efficiency is a major criteria' date=' stay away from 1.2 petrol motors. For city use, the 1 litre engine of WagonR is good enough and efficient. So is Ritz ddis engine.

i10 recently has a lot of complaints regarding poor FE figures and steering vibration. Do not think that it will be worth taking risk.

Punto petrol is not at all fuel efficient. It is the least efficient among all 1.2 petrol hatches. Moreover Fiat/Tata After sales service is not too good.

Beat has got some problems. Poor headlamps, poor visibility (at rear) are just some of these. And this car is not selling too well.

Figo diesel Lxi is one good car but will have least amount of features being the base variant of the diesel. Figo petrol is underpowered and not that fuel efficient.

[/quote']

Spot On sb-alto.

Because of the above reasons only i striked off  Beat , i10 and Punto from the contenders/probable list.

As far as Figo is concerned it is a sure winner in all fronts except the mileage & reliable after sales service. These two factors carry high weightage and cannot be ignored. With Ford working hard enough to improve their after sales service and reducing the pricing of the spare components but how conveniently they forgot the FE engine. I really wish if Figo Petrol was a bit more FE.

When Ford get it right this time with their Diesel engine then I am unable to match with them. My monthly running will be around 1000 kms only. I dont think that conidering my usage Diesel will be a good option.

Thats true. Wagon R is a no nonsense car and it is really meant for commutting in the city. With the launch of Beat , Micra , Punto, Polo and to some extent Figo the newly launced Wagon R find itself place last in the looks department.  3 pot engine will not be sufficient in the highway for sure . Though the new Blue eyed boy is not a mere facelift of the older generation Wagon R and is coming with lot of goodies , FE engine and agressive pricing. But still that knockout punch is missing.....

A piece of information :

Practical FE figures of Ritz ( from owners I know )
Ritz diesel - City :16-17kmpl
                   Highway: 21-24kmpl
Ritz Petrol - City : 13kmpl
                    Highway : 16kmpl.
*figures are with 100%AC

If you want to go for Ritz diesel please go for the Vdi model (with front and rear power windows).

Thanks for the first hand information on the mileage front. To me 13 kmpl in City with 100% AC is pretty good. I think its Ritz VXi all the way for me. Does Ritz also rattles a lot as Maruti is famous or rather say infamous for ?

I agree with Rahul go for the ritz ZXi ,nowadays you also get free insurance and exchange bonus ,and accessories so you need only 20k for the Zxi varient with IMHO is a great deal.

Note from Mod: @Carlover, you are advised to go through Announcements section of the forum before posting any further.

Don't create back-to-back posts, wait for sometime for members to respond before creating new posts.

Hey Car Lover, You haven't considered the i20 and Swift at all.

Your Budget is Rs5lakh on the Ex-Showroom price, so you can afford the i20 Magna, which is high on features and comfort and Swift VXi ABS, which has great FE and Performance. Even the Polo Tendline, DZire LXi and Manza Aqua are in your Budget. You have ,mentioned 5lk for the ex-showroom price, but you seem to be considering cars whose on-road price is Rs5 lakh.

Does Ritz also rattles a lot as Maruti is famous or rather say infamous for ?

My Ritz VDi has covered 24,900km till date in not-so-good condition roads. No rattles so far!smiley20.gif

And do not worry too much on rattles. Most of the cars will start rattling after a period of time. I know that one day or the other, my Ritz too will start rattling!smiley18.gif

Even i10 will start rattling after 20k km or so. Heard of Rattling problem with Ford Figo as well.

Not that these rattles are not curable. Give the car  to a good Authorized workshop, and hope they could solve the issue within minutes!

carispassion2010-07-10 04:38:18

@car_lover,

I will suggest you not to go for Diesel engines.

Petrol's any day are better to drive in city. Not only are the spares expensive, some of the suspension parts and tires will wear out fast due to the heavier diesel engine. The higher torque of Diesel engines could be enjoyed only during highway trips where overtaking is very easy even in 5th gear.

If our yearly mileage was anywhere less than current 25,000km per year, I would have gone  for Petrol Ritz any day!

carispassion2010-07-10 04:50:16

@carlover :

Good to see that you keep a lot of information about what is going on in the market.

Ritz is no doubt a very good city car. If you are ok with 13kmpl of petrol ritz then there is no need to go for a diesel one. (I was wondering how much efficiency you actually want -so suggested diesel).

Since a petrol ritz is much cheaper than a diesel one, you should consider either the Vxi ABS or the Zxi model. The Zxi is the best bet, with wider tyres, alloys, ABS and some more.

The rattling part- A petrol Ritz will not rattle as quickly as a diesel should. Now as carispassion said, his car with almost 25000km has no rattles. So you can expect a rattle free ride for say some 40-50000km.  Moreover whether your car will have early rattles or not, will depend on the use and road conditions.

@arkin :

See, swift is a bit more costly than ritz with same engine and features. So why will he pay more to get a swift when Ritz satisfies his needs. Further more a petrol i20 is not at all fuel efficient, along with steering vibration and i20 asta ABS in Hyd is 5.83L. Sedans in city is best avoided. Sedans will deliver even less efficiency than its hatch siblings.(if not an ANHC vtec)

Regarding the After Sales Service provided by TATA's for FIAT Cars, as far I am Concerned TAFE Acess Coimbatore is doing a fantastic job. No complaints from me so far. Even for my friend whose Palio had a broken fuel pump due to an accident, on information to Tafe they towed the car within 15 minutes(travelling time only) & the broken part was acessed, quote given for repair within 15 minutes. Also they replaced the part with a spare as the original one had to go to Fiat India for repairs. The Palio owner was very happy. The Orignal pump was repaired within 10 days & sent back & was fitted to the car within a day.

Sorry of being off topic, but this has to be mentioned as there has been a lot of bad comments on TATA's Fiat service. 

Might be the FE might not be as good as other cars compared, but as a whole package I feel Punto is there.

@ rahul1810  & rssh, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ritz is a complete package and it seems that even I am zeroing upon it.  The OTR prices for the various Ritz models in Hyd are:

Ritz VXi

Regarding the After Sales Service provided by TATA's for FIAT Cars' date=' as far I am Concerned TAFE Acess Coimbatore is doing a fantastic job. No complaints from me so far. Even for my friend whose Palio had a broken fuel pump due to an accident, on information to Tafe they towed the car within 15 minutes(travelling time only) & the broken part was acessed, quote given for repair within 15 minutes. Also they replaced the part with a spare as the original one had to go to Fiat India for repairs. The Palio owner was very happy. The Orignal pump was repaired within 10 days & sent back & was fitted to the car within a day.

Sorry of being off topic, but this has to be mentioned as there has been a lot of bad comments on TATA's Fiat service. 

Might be the FE might not be as good as other cars compared, but as a whole package I feel Punto is there.

[/quote']

Naren64,

It is great to know that you are fully satisfied with the TATA after sales service. As far as I  am concerned i dont have a good experience with these guys. Punto is a great package but FE has got a lot of weightage for me. If FE was not the factor I may have posted the pics of my Ford Figo 1.2 (white) by now.....smiley19.gif.

P.S : The views are mine only and no offence is meant to the owners.  

@carlover

Firstly, please maintain the standard font size of the forum.

ABS+EBD and Airbags in my opinion are not features but essestials. Also seat height adjust might be useful for your wife.

Also you will need to buy stereo, which will again cost you around 15000.

I suggest you stretch for ZXI.

Note from Mod: Member Car lover has been issued a WARNING for not complying with Forum rules & policies even after numerous reminders. He is further advised to go through ANNOUNCEMENTS section before posting.

Non-compliance with Forum Rules & Regulations can lead to a permanent BAN.

Note from Mod: Member Car lover has been issued a WARNING for not complying with Forum rules & policies even after numerous reminders. He is further advised to go through ANNOUNCEMENTS section before posting.

Non-compliance with Forum Rules & Regulations can lead to a permanent BAN.

@ Mod

I am sorry for the non-compliance. I copied it from the word document that might lead to the font change. I will be more careful going forward.

hi,

I went through your requirements and found that it is not at all worth to go in for any diesel vehicle.

Hence, going by the current scenario the cars could be :

1.) Ritz : Discussed extensively here, and no doubt a good choice.

2.) Ford Figo : This is what I would recommend. I have bought one and could tell you that road visibility is great, as whole of the bonnet is visible. As you are still learning to drive this would help you maneuver in city conditions, unlike Ritz,i10,swift or W-R.

Secondly, mine is the petrol variant is giving 12kmpl with AC on,( First service is still due).

Thirdly, AC is an absolute chiller. In fact, I TD both Figo and i20 today,(my friend is going to buy a vehicle soon), and we both found that i20's AC was a fake show in front of Figo's.

Fouth, The price at which the fully loaded petrol is coming,makes it the ideal choice at this level.

Figo petrol is not something very exciting to drive, although handling is good but the engine is no way as good as that of a 1.2K series of maruti. Moreover build quality of figo is not as great as Ritz. The bumper is thin( both front and rear) and not good for minor accident impacts. The plastic quality is also tacky.

Ritz if driven light footed can give efficiency anywhere between 14-15kmpl in city. In heavy slow moving traffic FE is still around 12-13kmpl. It will get better after 3000km

Figo diesel with ABS is still a worthy choice. Petrol lacks the punch.

Ritz zxi is the way to go buddy.

My cousin opted for it after driving my i10 which has the steering rattle. Ford figo is old fiesta which I have driven abroad. So its a no no.

I own i10 automatic, however the steering rattle has put me off. Otherwise its a nice car. Also Hyundai is not doing enough to rectify this problem.

hi' date='
I went through your requirements and found that it is not at all worth to go in for any diesel vehicle.
Hence, going by the current scenario the cars could be :
1.) Ritz : Discussed extensively here, and no doubt a good choice.

2.) Ford Figo : This is what I would recommend. I have bought one and could tell you that road visibility is great, as whole of the bonnet is visible. As you are still learning to drive this would help you maneuver in city conditions, unlike Ritz,i10,swift or W-R.
Secondly, mine is the petrol variant is giving 12kmpl with AC on,( First service is still due).
Thirdly, AC is an absolute chiller. In fact, I TD both Figo and i20 today,(my friend is going to buy a vehicle soon), and we both found that i20's AC was a fake show in front of Figo's.

Fouth, The price at which the fully loaded petrol is coming,makes it the ideal choice at this level.
[/quote']

Hi Rahul ,

True,diesel is out of the race now.

Is it true ? Are you getting 12 kmpl with 100% AC on  in the city ?  Which method you use to calculate the FE : DTE or Full Tank Method ?

We almost zeroed upon the Figo due to its features , handling , visibility , aggressive pricing which makes it a complete Value for Money hatchback. We even decided the color also ( 1.2 ZXi - White with ebony dashboard). However the deal breaker was the reported FE of the petrol engine. Many owners claimed the FE in the range of 10-11 kmpl with AC in city ( after clocking 3000 kms) which was not acceptable to me.  So my love for figo petrol ended there. How many kms ODO is showing for you ? Which model do you have ?

True many reported problems with i20 AC and it is a bit pricey also as far as i am concerned.  

Figo petrol is not something very exciting to drive' date=' although handling is good but the engine is no way as good as that of a 1.2K series of maruti. Moreover build quality of figo is not as great as Ritz. The bumper is thin( both front and rear) and not good for minor accident impacts. The plastic quality is also tacky.

Ritz if driven light footed can give efficiency anywhere between 14-15kmpl in city. In heavy slow moving traffic FE is still around 12-13kmpl. It will get better after 3000km

Figo diesel with ABS is still a worthy choice. Petrol lacks the punch.
[/quote']

Agree with you on each point except the plastic quality. Figo engine powered with 70 horses ( and still not very FE smiley21.gif   ) is not as fun as 85 horses of 1.2 K series ( and yet more FE smiley20.gif). 

Posts merged: Compile the post into one & then post.
BornFree2010-07-11 18:00:49

Ritz zxi is the way to go buddy.

My cousin opted for it after driving my i10 which has the steering rattle. Ford figo is old fiesta which I have driven abroad. So its a no no.

I own i10 automatic' date=' however the steering rattle has put me off. Otherwise its a nice car. Also Hyundai is not doing enough to rectify this problem.
[/quote']

Hi Amiti,

Thanks for the information. What is the FE of your i10 (AT) ? So it this rattling is inherent with all i10 ? Your i10 is powered by which engine ?

Yup Ritz is a good package.

Post moved: You are already carrying a Warning, more violations will lead to a BAN.
BornFree2010-07-11 18:05:04