brijesh41183

wheel alignment in alloy wheels

?hi . I?have a swift vdi? i have instalted alloy wheels? in my car but i don't? know when should i do wheel alignment? and wheel balancing and how do we know that it time to? do wheels? balancing and wheel alignment and i have gone? to one tyre shop that he? told me that wheel balancing? and wheel rotation is not compulsory but wheels alignment is compulsory? in alloy wheel ? is it true .smiley5.gif give me advice?

CYRUS432010-07-16 18:44:37

After you change tyres or install alloys or any new rims it is advisable to go for a wheel balancing and wheel alignment job. It does not take much time and is also a very cheap work. Maximum cost can be Rs300-Rs350.

Alignment and balancing should be done every 5000-6000km for better handling and ride. Since you just changed to alloys it is recommended that you do a alignment and balancing job now. Next alignment can be done after a gap of 5-6thousand km or so.

As you have just got the alloy wheels, you should have got the wheels balanced before mounting them on the car. Whenever you change a wheel rim (steel or alloy) its better you get it balance. Alignment is not necassary immediately but can be done if you want to just be sure. I don't do it for my cars unless a problem crops up.

You need wheel alignment normally, if your steering wheel wobbles/vibrates while driving.