creativebala

Civic 2012 Revealed

It looks too much like the Kia Forte which however is not known in India. In the past ,Hyundai/Kia used to copy American/Japanese/European designs but now Honda is stooping down to copy the Kia Forte.

The "shock and awe" looks of the present gen Civic were class leading and even now looks not out of place although a little 'too familiar'. This concept just carries forward that trend. For Gods sake, you can't expect Honda to do the same "shock and awe" with every upgrade. Can't decide which one is better; this one or the present one.

Durango Dude2011-01-11 17:45:35

I like the look of the new civic. I think the car would look much better in real like and the images(hoepfully) dont do justice to it. the rear is a little lack luster though.

@Sarab

If I am correct, the civic hatch UK was the original design in which the arror shot front design(now seen in ANHC) was first unvieled, right?

I quite like the car. The trend to have a similar face has become quite common these days case in point VW. Agree with DD, it is unfair to expect jaw dropping design every time. Some time it has to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. It will surely breathe in a new lease of life in the Honda.

Also this is a concept so some changes can be expected on production model.

@Asethi yes Civic hatch was launched in UK in 2007, city launch followed in 2008

these are the pic's , expect the interior to be similar to the UK version

Honda Civic Type S 2007
Civic_Type_S_2007_1.jpg

Civic Type S 1.4i VTEC 3dr
honda-civic-type-s-fotos-interior.jpg

sports version interiors

2007-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Interior.jpg

rear of civic hatch

Honda Civic Type S
50648-a-hon-.jpg

sarabjeet2011-01-12 04:39:26

Hatchback is the original design of the civic, later on we have attached the boot space along with it. ;) (likewise swift to swift dzire)

Moreover,this new civic is looking 90% similar to the honda city v-tec in the front look, and back portion assumes the view of camry.

Well if they launch this I cant see any jump in its sales.

It still cant beat the Laura. However expect its sales to touch 600 up from the current 400 odds.

If the Interiors and engine power is good then it makes it even better. Else it just looks tamer than current one. My opinion thats all. smiley2.gif

One could feel you are owning this car virtually at Honda City price. Just buy a City and a lens. When you feel to see a civic' date=' see your city through the lens and bingo, the this Civic appears.smiley32.gif [/quote']

I totally agree. Just change the Front grill on City and have a nice Rear Spoiler/body kit, then current generation CITY can be confused with "new" civic :).

Glad that I booked CITY!

One could feel you are owning this car virtually at Honda City price. Just buy a City and a lens. When you feel to see a civic' date=' see your city through the lens and bingo, the this Civic appears.smiley32.gif [/quote']

I totally agree. Just change the Front grill on City and have a nice Rear Spoiler/body kit, then current generation CITY can be confused with "new" civic :).

There will be a lot of changes guys! And the Civic will be more sleeker and sportier than the already sporty City. The pics dont reveal all thats to it. The front grill is slimmer and I also feel that the height of this car is smaller than City. The City would be a more masculine version due to the bigger size than Civic. But nothing for sure as yet. Lets just wait for the launch !

The present version of Civic has had enough and the makeover would be for good. Although the present Civic is great, but I think its enough now!
driftpunk2011-02-09 10:18:37

I think Honda is having a tough time living up to the benchmark it has set up for itself.

The car looks reasonably good and I wouldn't think for a second before buying one but it certainly does not live up to the high expectations people have started to have with Honda. Its sort of a compliment and a curse, I guess.