Sankar Ghosh

Tata Manza - How Reliable

I have Manza Petrol Car just 3 months old. On 23-Jul-10 night I parked the vehicle on the road side.

I put the Emergency flashing light on and the music system in mute for 10 minutes and when I tried to switch on and it was found the engine is not getting on. I called Tata Breakdown service and they came promptly and jump started the engine. Diagonise the battery is fully discharged.

Though the Car is on warranty but they charged me Rs 350 and gave the receipt.

I took the vehicle to Tata Service Station. They checked up and told that one cell is weak and they will change the distilled water and recharge it for 8 hrs to ascertain whether there is any problem in Battery.

I am car user for last 15 years and I observed one such problem after keeping the flash light on for 30minutes and the battery life was more than 3 years.

My doubt whether Tata Motors use refurbished battery and claim new.

I am not at all happy with Tata quality and ethics in Tata Motors my advise to avoid the vehicle.

regards

Sankar

Breakdown service is going to take their fees no matter how much new your car is. Pressurize the Authorized Service to replace the battery for free and see if it bears any fruit.

These problems are unique and has got nothing to do with poor image of manza or anything. Manza is a very good package and is a lot improved than the previous indigo. You are just one unlucky person to suffer one such trouble.

Moreover since your car is new, even the battery manufacturer can also change the battery or take necessary steps if you write to them about the problem.

Also get the car alternator checked, see if the belt is taut and also get the wiring checked. Have you added any extra accessories other than what came with the car as standard. All these things will go a long way in diagnosing where the fault lies; other than the faulty battery. It can be frustrating if you get stuck with a dead battery in the middle of no where. Also see if the battery symbol comes on and goes off when you start the vehicle.

also you may find this link useful to diagnose car alternator problems.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2210342_diagnose-car-alternator-problem.html

I have Manza Petrol Car just 3 months old. On 23-Jul-10 night I parked the vehicle on the road side.

I put the Emergency flashing light on and the music system in mute for 10 minutes and when I tried to switch on and it was found the engine is not getting on. I called Tata Breakdown service and they came promptly and jump started the engine. Diagonise the battery is fully discharged.

Though the Car is on warranty but they charged me Rs 350 and gave the receipt.

I took the vehicle to Tata Service Station. They checked up and told that one cell is weak and they will change the distilled water and recharge it for 8 hrs to ascertain whether there is any problem in Battery.

I am car user for last 15 years and I observed one such problem after keeping the flash light on for 30minutes and the battery life was more than 3 years.

I am not at all happy with Tata quality and ethics in Tata Motors my advise to avoid the vehicle.

regards

Sankar

This issue has got nothing to do with the quality of Tata cars. Sorry to say you may be an unlucky person as far as this battery problem is concerned. The relief you have is to get the battery replaced within warranty period by the Battery manufacturer.

Breakdown is not provided free of cost for any car, be it new or old. If everything is given free how the service station people will survive.

No offence meant- please don't give biased opinion.

I have Manza Petrol Car just 3 months old...

I am car user for last 15 years...

I am not at all happy with Tata quality and ethics in Tata Motors

my advise to avoid the vehicle.

How could you, with only a 3-month ownership of a product and that too with only one problem, accuse Tatas, the country's most trusted and one of world's renowned brands, of compromising quality and ETHICS ?  Providing old recycled batteries as new ?  I know you must have a problem, but this is too much.  Have you never ever had a problem in your last 15 years of owning car(s) ?

I'm sure, you know nothing about TATAs.

And, with such knowledge, please, do not give any advice.  Or, alternatively, give advice only after ascertaining the facts and knowing about the procurement and back-to-back arrangements in the assemblies and sub-assemblies supply chain mechanism.

To top it all, that was your first post.

For your info, I do not own a Tata vehicle (as of now). 

So, my comments are not biased and are based strictly on what you said.

rameshbabu.n2010-08-01 01:47:30

This is Quite a Common problem with New Age Electricals Oriented cars(featuring Power windows, CL, Defoggers, etc)

Especially to those, who upgrade from bare-basic cars, like M800, etc(No Offense meant to anyone please) as they generally fails to Estimate the Amount of Current these Systems draw !!

Even some of Our Relatives/Friends have encountered such troubles on their new cars & its Actually not the big thing.

Specifically saying, Please get you Manza's Battery Potential difference(Voltage) & Alternator Current Output checked at your Battery Brand's AfSS.

They'll Rule out its Cell Damage/Weakness or Charging Troubles & specifically Guide you as per Faults.

& In-Warranty Battery replacement isn't a Tough Task..  
dr_nishu2010-08-02 18:13:04