Sign in to follow this  
hersh_s1

Punto AC issue

Guys,

I have been facing issues with my 1.2 AC. Its not cooling the cabin during the noon & sometimes I sweat even with the AC on. The car has done only 2000km & the AC isn't that great...Took it to the workshop & they installed a kit protecting the AC pipes in case of any leakage. I was told that punto's with Ac issue are getting this kit installed..I have checked but the cooling is still pretty bad...

All punto owners, please suggest if u are/have faced the same issue???

That's really a bad case, as your car's AC is behaving like this even with Suncontrol films !

To confirm the functioning of the Condenser Fan -Just Notice the engine sound with Drive door/window glass opened at Standstill position, if it increases it means the Radiator/Condenser fan is Ok.

Then proceed to the Gas leakage suspiction & do get the whole AC-system Inspected at Tata-Fiat ASC as soon as possible.

@rahul: I don't think its a major issue. It happens with all brands from maruti to vw...Fiat has always been a silent runner & they are doing theit bit..Of course the fit & finish is not upto the mark but I would still give it to them for their superb ride quality & styling..Remember even swifts rattle smiley2.gif

@drnishu: they have detected a leakage in my aircon but unfortunately the ac repair machine was not working fine..they have asked me to give the car on saturday...will update on this.

Remember even swifts rattle smiley2.gif

Exactly True hersh..

Swift shakes & Rattles very badly' date=' especially over the Large bumps like the long Sheet of Metal, even at Mild speeds of aroung 40-50kmph.

they have detected a leakage in my aircon but unfortunately the ac repair machine was not working fine

will update on this.

That's good considering your car's problem is diagnosed out.
dr_nishu2010-07-29 17:05:17

the AC has finally been rectified..its a big relief as the workshop's machine wasn't functioning...there was a leakage in the exhaust valve that connects to the dashboard..resulting in improper cooling & minor gas leak..they replaced the valve & refilled the gas...& the AC is working super cool smiley16.gif

.& the AC is working super cool smiley16.gif

That's Really Good hersh.

Now enjoy the Supercool AC of your Punto in this Season of Heat & Moisture in Delhi.

Good luck..smiley20.gif

Please update & do share your Punto experiences from Time to Time.
dr_nishu2010-08-05 21:48:28