goenkakushal

2 Wheeler Tyre

I am planing to upgrade rear Tyre of my Unicorn.

from 300-18 to 100/90/18

I thought of going for MRF Zapper Y or Q but to my surprise it didnt seem to be available at local shops. Where as Dunlop, Ceat, Tvs was easily available.

So i have thought of going ahead with Dunlop. I have 1st gen Unicorn with Spoke Rim.

Ceat also had good patern but somehow i have more respect for Dunlop.

So what do you suggest which one to go for? I hope the change in size wont cause any problem. Dunlop 10/90/18 is available for Rs 1700 
goenkakushal2010-07-29 12:23:21

Ceat is much better than Dunlop, but make sure you get an original one.

Btw I've used  Metro Continental 100/90-R18 for my 1st gen Unicorn, some 3-4 years earlier.

Its tread was also somewhat good looking, but much better on grip than MRF Zappers & Dunlops, etc.

@bala

I think i will go as per your suggestion because initially even I liked the ceat pattern jus by having a look at it.. but I was wrong to think that Dunlop would be better just because its a well known brand world wide

but I was wrong to think that Dunlop would be better just because its a well known brand world wide

Exactly goen,

What the Dunlop products in India are nothing as compared to the brand Globally Dunlop is.

Go for Ceat 1st

Or You can also look at Metro Continental(made in collabration with Continental Tyres, Germany), the latter One is also one of the best tyre in terms of Grip, Life-span & Looks.

I've used it on my earlier Uni & got better Top Speed &FE than with stock 3.00-18 tyre.

I was also shopping around for rear tyre for my CBZ. I didnt check ceat and Dunlop. I was satisfied with Dunlop because it served me for 35000 kms. Since MRF Authorised dealers were close by, i chose to fit in MRF Zapper. I was told by a service adviser of HH that Metro continental was good. But i didn't believe it. May be had i read this thread earlier, would have chosen the same.Zapper grips are ok not that very great. It costed 1850/- with tube.

Hey that's Good & Congrats for the new Tyre goen,

Do post its tread pattern pics here.

@bala: IMO, Metro Continental tyres are easily & freely available across most of the cities in our Country.

Pardon for my Ignorance, Can you please elaborate 'CPC2 maker' ?? dr_nishu2010-07-31 22:00:59

Enjoy the different level of confidence with that tyre. Get practiced with it for a while. This Tyre makes me really overconfident 'n all who drove it, praises its stability. After I switch to this tyre, I am not slowing down for sand, water, small bluemetals on the roads. Even the speed at turns are so high(yet safe) now.

The only thing I MISS in this tyre is MRF's screaming. Zappers will call everyone's attention around on hard braking.