spearhead1909

Vento, Corolla or ANHC ?

Its a fairly obvious choice since the Vento isnt available and wont be available for a while and the other option of 2006 corolla is not something that excites me. I would go for the ANHC too.

Agreed. The Honda AT is arguably the best you can get today. My Civic has the same, one word can describe it - divine! And I have owned AT cars since 1999!

The Vento is at least a segment below the ANHC- all sturm und drang not withstanding. Corolla has a got AT but no patch to the new 5-speed of Honda. Also, it will be a second owner scenario.

sgiitk2010-08-17 07:25:46

@ MODS (BornFree), thank you for creating a new thread.

Now i must tell you about my query.

I have a 2006 corolla H5.

I met with an accident two months back. Though the damage was just external, my parents want to sell it.

The car is perfect now, repainted and new parts have been put.

I dont want to spend too much money on a new car.

(Just spent 2.75 Lakhs on corolla, insurance gave me 1.25lakh) 

Now i can move to a segment below to Vento or ANHC

Auto is the need of the hour due to the city traffic conditions.

the car will be used on highways particularly.

I have a i20 Asta Diesel too.

Now the confusion is- I keep the Corolla for two years or so/ Buy Vento AT( diesel doesnt make sense- 4000km p.a.)/ANHC AT.

Heart says ANHC. But should i go a segment lower?

A iVTEC with Paddle shift is the way to go.Who cares which segment we drive when we enjoy the drive so much. If you are eso bothered about going down a segment, don't worry. Save a little more 'n buy a Civic. Simple.

OT- Its my VIP no Post - 2222th
creativebala2010-08-17 19:39:57

congratulations creativebala

the thing that worries me is the quality issues.

had none in the corolla(almost 5 years now)

the devil in my mind is saying..chuck th cars, buy a honda cbr600 rr

Is ANHC good on the highway?

better than corolla i mean.

I am comparing these two because corolla is a 2003 model and ANHC is a 2008 model. Quality tandards might have improved.

Luxury is more in the corolla

But who cares when you have a paddle shift smiley15.gif
spearhead19092010-08-17 22:59:48

Remember the Corolla is a segment higher that the City. As far as service and reliability are concerned both Japs are excellent. There will always be the odd chap with problems! As for 2030 Corolla v 2008 City I will opt for the latter assuming both are in good shape.

Take my own case I debated for quite some time whether to get a Corolla (aka Altis) or a Civic. TD both. When we zeroed in on the AT there was only one choice. Also, expect to City to be 2kmpl better!

Well the difference of the Vento AT and city AT is about 90k on road so if yours is a tight budget the Vento is good enough

The ANHC has more space almost bare  accessories but the technology of the AT is great and you also get paddle shift . The Vento has better ride and handling and has good equipment levels and is cheaper .

I would say if an AT then the city , if not buy the diesel Vento (the petrol one is also good but the diesel is a monster).

@spearhead1909: Any new car, is a no-no for me for the first 3-6 months. Even the best laid plans of men and mice can go haywire when the vehicle hits the roads, in the hands on 'Mr Average Motorist'.

as price is not a big factor, the best bet is with ANHC AT. It has been regarded as the best AT<10 lakhs and only thing that could have come close to giving it a competition would have been had Vento launched a DSG gearbox, but that was not to be.

So go ahead with ANHC auto.

thank you sgiitk sir

ANHC is the best buy i think

I might go for this or wait till March and save some money to buy a better car.

I am thinking of driving the Corolla and the i20 only.

I might not go a segment below(Quality issues) . Maintainance is a big problem..buying isnt

i don't like civic.

Low GC, small boot, old model now, not a vfm.

Cruze AT any time. even if its a diesel.

Altis due to reliability. No issues in the Corolla yet. just spent the money on the services. thats it. and wear and tear of brakes.

ANHC is the best buy i think

I might go for this or wait till March and save some money to buy a better car.

I am thinking of driving the Corolla and the i20 only.

I might not go a segment below(Quality issues) . Maintainance is a big problem..buying isnt

Two points - both Honda & Toyota have a quality reputation. So a segment lower should not matter. You get less bells and whistles but these are known a priori. Maintenance is also more brand dependent than car dependent.

The i20 is just out of its league.

As an aside the low GC of the Civic is more of a joke. After the Sept 2009 update it is an issue when you are 5-up and at 90+kph. Look at my posts in many places as to the quoted GC has no relevance to the actual on-road behaviour.

sgiitk2010-08-20 06:06:59

Go for ANHC AT. I have the same car and let me let you you'll never regret for it. For me my own comfort is first and then comes segment of car etc.. etc.

Honda badge also carries good status don't forget that.

Recently I was stuck in Delhi traffic after heavy rains for 3 Hrs, I did't get frustrated in scrolling bumper to bumper traffic but I could see the level of frustration on others who were driving manual cars.

The best part is you can use paddle shifters even in Auto mode, this makes highway driving more enjoyable when you want sudden power in overtaking.

@Bobby thanks a lot.

This surely has changed something in my mind.

@sgiitk sir, I am not a Civic guy. Just didnt love it from the day it was launched. Superb Quality though. But the Boot Space is still less. And yeah the car which i drove was a 2007 made. I didnt knew that the changes made in 2009 were not merely cosmetic in nature. Apologies sir.

And quality of the plastics and the switches is the other thing that worries me.

I have driven ANHC AT a lot. My brother in law ia a proud owner.

The second thing is the front. God forbids, but is it as safe as the german brands and even the corolla/civic

@sprearhead You can go ahead with ANHC with your eyes closed. It will giv you trouble free service for years..

Yes if you talk about saftey It does have ABS and Airbag, but yes its a fact that germans have an edge when it comes to saftey