bvmbics

Mahindra Renault - Misting Problem

can anyone help me im having a problem with my new logon.It happens when i drive around in rainy seasons i have mist forming outside the windshield even with the aircon on i have to increase the temp (hotter) to avoid this..Can anyone help.Is this a problem with the aircon?????

well this is a global problem with any car and AC is not bad by this... this is quite normal in any car... you can try any Demister available in the market, that could be of defntly some help

hey check if there are blowers near the windshield. mine does have that. but this would only help to clear the mist that settles inside but for the mist settles outside.. the only remedy is the Demister and its related to the Aircon

Most suggestions seem to be forgetting that he has misting OUTSIDE his windscreen. This is normal condensation since with the AC running the glass surface will be cooler than the surroundings.

The only solution is to somehow warm up the glass. Rear can be managed through the rear screen heater. Front is tougher. You can try mixing up the heater with the AC. Going to fresh air reduces the amount of cooling. Depending on the fan mixer chamber geometry you may be able to get the hotter air on the windscreen than in the interior of the car.

Well sgiitk its in rainy season so misting is inside so we have to cool inside to get equilibrium with outside temprature.

May be I am reading wrong but his post is (bold underscore mine).

"can anyone help me im having a problem with my new logon.It happens

when i drive around in rainy seasons i have mist forming outside the

windshield even with the aircon on i have to increase the temp (hotter)

to avoid this..Can anyone help.Is this a problem with the aircon?????"

The case rests!

How can one have mist outside in rainy season.

If the windscreen is colder than the surroundings (as with the AC), and air humidity is high then water will condense on the outside.

I agree with you sgiitk, I was surprised to note this phenomenon on my Swift on its first drive from the showroom to my house.  It was raining and I had the AC on.  The car was brand new and the Swift has a powerful AC so mist started forming on the outside of the windshield pretty quickly.  Changing the air intake to fresh also wouldn't remedy this problem as this situation is created when your car is actually colder than the surrounding air. 

The solution is to reduce the cooling, i.e, to increase the temperature inside. 

Jitz. 

Whenever I get this, I roll down the windows and use the fresh air mode.

Another problem I've noticed is that if you use your wipers on the mist, it starts getting progressively worse with every wipe. Any solutions to that? Maybe windshield cleaner like Rain X could help?

FRG

Your problem beats me, FRG. I don't understand how this is caused, I presume its the same effect when condensation forms on the car progressively with every wipe.  I'm just a layman and no expert, perhaps some one else could show light on this problem. 

Jitz

Well I usually go in Sumo in rainy season which doesnot have AC and the mist is formed inside so I clean it with cloth or open the window but tell me some thing AC means cool inside and rain means cool out side then whats the relationship.

relation? well, depends on which side of the windshield is cooler or hotter. the mist forms on the warmer side.

according to FRG the mist gets worse with every wipe, but even i dont understand what does wiping have to do with more mist. beats me

That was a nice simple explanation, pra2veen.  Some teachers have a tough time explaining this condensation to confused students, perhaps they could have a word with you! smiley17.gif

Jitz

Let me try and explain a bit. You are driving in high humidity, with the AC on. Since the windscreen is cooler than the dew point (point of condensation) of outside air you have condensation on the outside of the glass. As the temperature of the glass continues to drop this problem will become worse.

There is only one solution - warm up the windscreen above the dew point.

How does one so it:

In all cases switch the blower to high speed and direct the air to the glass to get more air on it. Now how do I bring the temperature u

1. You bring in the heater and increase the temperature of the air. In some cars you can go for a mixed mode (screen + inside) and they will send somewhat warmer air to the screen.

2. Switching off the AC will not help, nor will the fresh air setting since in both cases you will increase the humidity inside and may end up with misting inside as well. Once you have the misting under control, and a degree of heating, you can consider switching off the AC and going for fresh air at the same time.

There is no harm in mixed heating + AC nor in blowing to the glass in the recirculation mode.

There is not immediate cure, but these will help.

Usually even i face this issue once it stops raining. You can try and use your wind shield washer, which will help u control the misting. U can also switch ur Aircon off and just keep the blower on at a high speed and direct it towards the windshield. It works for me!!!