sarabjeet

Sarabs Car World

I mostly live around cars , All kinds of cars , small cars, big car and huge cars and then tiny cars. You might spot me in anycar from Nano to Ferrari to Hummer i don't mind it as long as it is a car

I like cars , No actually i love cars . I can even marry them , who needs a women when u have a Ferrari ? I mean u can turn them off anytime smiley2.gif

Watch this space of Cars and their Test Drive . Omg this is a test Drive thread Test team thread .

Hummer H3

Never liked the hummer , its huge and stupid. Its for Bling Bling category of people who like u to think " Ohh ! look he's got a big fat car which he cannot fit in his parking space and goes 1km per litre"

Or

Those people who are depressed in life and wanna play Carmogedon in real life, its the best car to crush creatures , even Nano and u won't even notice!

For abt 80 lakh+ u get big wheels , shiney paint , a engine which says now u are ripped and climate control

apparently they couldn't add Sat nav and all gizmos because then they would have quoted 2 crores for the car and no one would buy it.

K if u are already thinking that i am going to far , then digest this for 80 LAKHS PLUS u don't even get audio control of steering !!!!!

Ride

Beauty (if u stop looking at th fuel gage) smooth as silk or maybe as cadbury silk. You don't even notice when u hit 100 if u stop ignore the sluggish gear box. If u think endevour has nice bounce , this i like fitting on AIR bed . Great handling (don't try those fast turns please , i was talking about handling at average speed, other wise people don't like to buy a used Hummer which was upside down) its actually quite to easy to maneuver in city u feel it is a big piece of junk and would be a pain to ride in city but it isn't that bad.

Looks:  College boys stopping in front on the car and ask you for a photo of the car . Need I any more ??

Practicality: Hmm people might see you going around in the car and wishing they had one , but once they sit in the car they would think that u are a moron to buy heavy Tin box for 80 lakhs with climate control and a sad radio.

Plus u have to hire 3 people to sit in the car , 1 to guide you while you try to park the car and others to actually push it while you are out of fuel. Now u might argue that you can send them to a Bunk to get some petrol needed to make it to the closest bunk ?

But this car swears to leave u penny less on street . I mean how many time can a guy go to the Pump ?

Look at the brighter side Bunk owners might become your best friends and even request BP or HPCL to connect a pipeline at your place.

photo0349.jpg

photo0351z.jpg

photo0352.jpg

haha! Nice review. Can not say I disagree with anything.

I heard a few months ago that the deal with the chinese company fell through so GM is finally shelving the Hummer. I say good riddance.

@Asethi

yes a BMS student getting creative , Bare with me this is the closest i can get .

Yup the Hummer is worthless , i would buy a T-72 battle tank any day over it if i want to show-off

Edit:  reviews of Ritz diesel, Audi A6 , Mercedes E270 cdi , C220 CDi, Prado VX , Bmw 320D and pajero coming up
sarabjeet2010-09-03 19:17:23

That's Really an Interesting Review of the Humvy H3.

Just Liked it..

Plus u have to hire 3 people to sit in the car ' date=' 1 to guide you while you try to park the car and others to actually push it while you are out of fuel. [/quote']

LOL.. smiley36.gif

I've seen this Actually, One co-passenger sitting alongwith the Guy driving the Humvy & he was assisting him in the Congested Market Road.

But Its very Hot favourite here, especially after featured in a Punjabi singer-Jazzy B's music video of "Yaar velly bann bann toliyan...."

Edit:  reviews of Ritz diesel' date=' Audi A6 , Mercedes E270 cdi , C220 CDi, Prado VX , Bmw 320D and pajero coming up
[/quote']

Except Ritz, does you own all these Machines ??
dr_nishu2010-09-04 16:22:07

@BF , was looking for Porsche cayenne , my dealer offered me Dodge Nitro and Hummer. Just took it for a spin

@dr, nishu thankoo

currently have E270 and Bmw 320D , had c220 cdi and had TD (the car was actually with me for 4 days) Prado VX and Audi A6

Audi A6

Ahh ! german

img00502201008161528.jpg

when you look at Audi's its not their style but simplicity and elegency that attracts you towards it and those LED's are so so HOT! They are placed bang in between Mercedes and BMW , Audi offers both comfy ride and a great car to drive. The equpiment level is bang for the money. Its got everything that Merc and Bmw would dream for.

Inside:

img00503201008161531.jpg

ahh ! loaded ! fully , I-shapat(seriously)

MMI, button for everything , u can really crash your while just trying to change the radio channel or ehh maybe trying to eject the cd , worse even for switching On/Off the A/C. Now u get the picture smiley2.gif Moon roof/star roof / sun roof / rain roof what not , you have to read the manual  to just get the hang of it, its like giving an exam for driving an Audi.

down side: when u get out of a E280 cdi or 5 series that plastic quality is a let down , so is the leather.

Ride: SMOOOTH , the V6 diesel just roars ahead , its so silent but remind you that just with a tap it can compete with anyone. You have to be very carefull otherwise u might have to use the Audi secure pack quite regularly.

extremely easy to maneuver around the city , you don't feel that are are driving a long saloon it is turns quite easily aswell.

the gear box is Audis strenght, actually suzuki should learn from their new partner how things are suppose to be done. Even in triptronic mode u change gears in milli seconds. Its smooth but when u want it to be mean just press S mode and it turn the saloon into a sports car.

100 , 110 ,120 ,130 ,140 ,160 ,170 ohh i realized that i was breaking the speed limit when i hear a police siren following the car on Bandra-Worli , And i didn't even know that there were papers in the car (fortunatly there was). Steady and responsive even at 170 and suprisingly quite and calm.

Down-side: Well sorry Audi users but when u have driven a Mercedes E class and 5 series , audi A6 suddenly feels like a Japanese car (handling is similar to Honda or corolla . personal opinion) its just not the firm and heavy , its light maneuverbility is its biggest draw back. I do expect a solid body and ride when you pay this kind of amount but Audi somehow dissapoints you.

Stick to Merc or BMW if u are going for a luxuries saloon and low Re-sale is Audis way to hit you below the belt smiley1.gif

@ Cyrus, the car is MH-12 registered and it is in Bandra now with the dealer i know , yesterday i saw a 328/327i two door (can't remember the number) for sale.sarabjeet2010-09-05 09:34:43

Thanks sarabjeet for the reviews of these traffic -stopping cars.The Hummer is good for defence use in areas where there are no roads.Its not at all for civilian use and that too for India. We may end up breaking compound walls on narrow streets. Also the sub 1000cc Marutis and Hyundais may get stuck on the Hummer's radiator.

On good roads one can better go for other decent brands.

Please continue the reviews!smiley1.gif

@gegonbones : all are not mine m8 , these are mix of cars i have Td'ed , owned in past or owning them currently.

Dealer is offering around 8-9 lakhs off , that all i can reveal now

Ok today I got shock of my life and is probably one of the reason I hate living in Mumbai.

We are currently using a A6 2.7tdi , its a second hand and the guy is asking abt 32 for the 2008 model . Dad called up Audi Mumbai west , he said ex-showroom price for new A6 2.7 would be 39 and after a hard bargain, he finally settled to 37.78 ex-showroom Mumbai. On-road price around 45.

One of my dads friend suggested to buy it from Chandigarh and guess what , 36.65 on-road Chd. + about 50-70K for insurance !
BornFree2010-09-24 17:55:45

Ahh BMW logo stolen again smiley19.gif this time i shall invent a security system that shall give a 12 million mega watt shock to who every uses a screw driver to remove Logo.

Logos are denting the pocket , Araldite failed any other solution guys ?

Plus , bought an 2008 Skoda Fabia elegence TDI shall get delivery by tomorrow

first pic of Fabia

img00013201010051836.jpg

will upload more soon.

@Nishu i wouldn't have bought the Fabia but i got it at a stealer price , 9.5lacs innvoice and i got it for half the price , 2008 mfg n registered.

Projector HID , Sunroof , leather seats , abs+ebd, airbags , skoda alloys , Skoda music system and more for this price wasn't bad.

Yes it is a bit noisy but will change after an oil change, don't mind the noise when its returning 16-17 kmph on B2B Mumbai roads
sarabjeet2010-10-10 18:26:53