sarabjeet

Sarabs Car World

--- Deleted. Same post on different threads is a no-no.

Mods

Decision on the next Civic is currently on hold, though i have sold my Fabia, i have asked my dealer that i'll make the choice between Civic and a 2008 Pajero within 3 days.

sgiitk2011-05-16 03:40:33

Why not an ANHC? I easily manage 14-17kmpl depending on how much traffic there is. This brings the cost only to around 4.5 rs a litre which to me personally seems rather reasonable. PLus the CNG conversion is always an option. Also I am assuming that you can possibly get a new one for the price of a 2nd hand Civic.

asethi9192011-05-15 18:18:19

Why not an ANHC? I easily manage 14-17kmpl depending on how much traffic there is. This brings the cost only to around 4.5 rs a litre which to me personally seems rather reasonable. PLus the CNG conversion is always an option. Also I am assuming that you can possibly get a new one for the price of a 2nd hand Civic.

Well 14 as far off the target m8, Traffic in bombay is terrible. My cousin owns a city and he manages around 7.5-8 kmpl. You might think i am joking but imagine driving for 10 kms at average speed of 25 km/hr(this is not a typo), shifting to 5th gear is a dream for the car itself. your are in 1-2-3rd gear most of the times.

I would love to run my civic on petrol but avg of 5-6 kmpl and daily run about of 40-50 kms is too much.

Bad news guys smiley19.gif

My Civic meet with a serious accident about an hour ago. Bloody bugger converted my Civic into a hatchback.

I was at bandra and waiting in a que to take a turn. A santro suddenly comes and bangs my car from behind. On a bright side i have a Civic hatch now smiley36.gif.

Will upload pic tomorrow

yes except for strained necks, no other major injuries. Haven't regestered a case against him we had mutually settled the issue. He was a family guy wouldn't want him to run around. sarabjeet2011-10-16 18:18:55

2nd sad news on same day with the first being sb's

@sarab

Do decide on whether to file case or not after consulting HASS. If the bill is too much, its best to file case and claim insurance.

Whats your view on civic's build quality? + for it saved you and a big - for shedding its boot.

Well the crumple zone sure did its work, but when i looked at his santro the only seriously damaged was his bonnet. No damage to his headlights nor any damage to his radiator.

Maximum that guy would have to shell out for his car would be around 5k's and my Honda would take around 15-20K . My car would go in hand of my trusted mechanic. HASS would quote around 50K. (as for the money, the guy has agreed to pay for the damages)

Edit: I thank god that today i decided not take Benz for a ride as i thought parking would be an issue. Lucky me smiley1.gif
sarabjeet2011-10-16 18:37:57

@dd : u can't do much in thid situation. The driver admitted his mistake so I guess one can't do much. At that time the only thing going in my mind was how do I explain this to my dad smiley36.gif .

Here are few pics

img2011101700094.jpg

img2011101700093.jpg

Hey that looks like a good sedan badly beaten at the back,I mean there are no signs of a hatchback till now(take it light guy!)But yes,if I would have been at your place then this would have been an unforgettable occasion for the tail-gater(the Santro driver).Its really good to see your self control and I really do mean it.

On a lighter note,I thought I'll be seeing something like this:-

Honda-Civic-Type-R-3.jpg

But you disappointed me.

I still remember,once my Laura got tailgated by a Matiz and I got a good 60k bill for nearly same amount of repairs.TSiVipul2011-10-17 07:22:15

@Sb honi ko kaun tal sakta hai smiley36.gif

Anyways my car iis repaired. One coat of polish is still remaining which willl be done a week later so it blends everything and no colour mis-match is visible.

Here are some pics.

img2011102000106.jpg

img2011102000107.jpg

img2011102000108.jpg

Thats quite low cost treatment for the dent as well as the work done on it,I mean such a good job deserves at least 25k for a Civic(atleast your bootlid is not changed).

My Laura took a new bumper and a new boot-lid and our insurance guys had to shell out about 53k.