gegonbones

avoid Mandovi bangalore for paid service

dear friends,

I'd a horrible sunday. I will share what happened. I've a swift dzire diesel which has run 20000kms and was due for service.

Since i had done the 3 free services from mandovi motors, goruguntapalya, bangalore i followed the same place for my 20000 km service.

when i got the bill it i got the shock of my life Rs 8900.

That was way too for a regular service. When i enquired i was told that along with the regular service they had done engine decarbonising and engine flushing. That is why the bill was so high. i can not understand just why they did it for new car which has barely run 20000 kms!

I immediately called the other dealer workshops and my worst fear was confirmed i was being taken on a jolly good ride at mandovi bangalore. According to the other workshops my bill was definitely in excess of   Rs 3000. Least to say i realised was being cheated.

This totally ruined my sunday.

I first spoke with worksman when he couldn't explain the high bill his senior Mr. Santosh came. When i quoted the rates of the other workshops and asked about the disprecancy in amount they panicked and called the customer care manager, Mr. Satyanarayana Prasad, who just kept on saying that provide best service.

I told him that 5% of disprecancy in rate of different workshop can be accepted, but when the difference was more than 20% it is called CHEATING.

First he too justified the high bill, and said he cant do anything, when i quoted the rates of other dealer worshops he panicked and reduced thebill by Rs 300 which was just pittance.

I was forced to pay the amount Rs 8450.

I was annoyed not because i lost a couple of thousands but because i was cheated of my hard earned money.

I want to hearby affirm one point that whenever a dealer workshop tries to take us for a ride we should protest amd not accept blindly. It may be just a couple of thousands but it gives these cheats wings to cheat again.

This is happening all too often. Car explosion in india, errant dealers. Consumers who do not understand Jaago grahak Jaago (no reference to you sir).

Point also to be noted is that many car buyers who are first timers do not know about these practices of dealers. Car companies also would not care because once the car is by resold by the dealer to the customer it's the dealers responsibility thereon. OH the pity ! smiley19.gifsmiley19.gif Customers get fleeced this way...

As the matter will be added, thread may be Very useful in future.

Car companies also would not care because once the car is by resold by the dealer to the customer it's the dealers responsibility thereon. OH the pity ! smiley19.gifsmiley19.gif Customers get fleeced this way...

Kindly elaborate.

fleeced

Well said. This should be added in

It was his first paid service .

Well i would accept only 4k for regular paid service for my i20 diesel and I never go for additional stuff and not even teflon coating . Will go for the antirust coating in 4th service though.

@ alok its really a lot going by maruti standards.

20,000 km service isn't free.

usually the service comes to around 4500 to max 5k.

I didn't expect them to act so cheap and swindle me in this way.

The break up seems pretty clean.

20,000km is alot, You can't call it new anymore!

I do not believe your 4th service is free, maybe you have been cheated abit, You cant do much because you have allready paid, so get over it.

Rubbish. I have cars with up to 60k+ on the clock. Never allowed flushing / decoking. This is a con and seems to have spread to Maruti as well. Started with Hyundai.