rahul1810

Countdown begins 30Oct 2011-The first Indian F1 GP

This is going to be great. It is so close to my place. I'm terribly excited even though there is more than a year to go.

Lets just hope the event and preperation for it does not go the CWG way. That right there is a disgrace.

Exactly. This is a private project and government's refusal is a good thing. The track will be privately and professionally managed. The politicians have been kept out of this one for good. Good for India and I just hope the CWG mess doesnt go against the first Indian F1 GP

I feel the timing of the race to be perfect. It will be festive season here, Delhi would be lit up, and F1 season would be at one of the most important juncture as it will be the third last race.

Cant wait for it. They say tickets will be on sale from Jan 2011.

Anyone has a link for where tickets can be purchased?

@Mods: The post above kean2012 seems like spam.

Thanks. Post deleted. Member banned. sgiitk

sgiitk2011-07-05 10:54:16

I am going for the Race. Tickets aren't available as of yet as F1 bosses still have to give the final go-ahead which will happen after the track is tested fit to host the race.

Bombay is considering to make second F1 race track (location choosen Panvel or Malad)

INDIAN F1 TURNING INTO A REAL RIPOFFsmiley7.gif

So the tickets for the GP are for sale now. The cheapest being at 2500 and the most expensive around 13500. Its a little steep but being a grand spectacle and being seen for the first time in India, its probably worth it.

Thinking this, I just visited www.bookmyshow.com to get myself 2 tickets. As it turns out if you want to avoid walking 8kms from the barricades to the actual stadium, and want the 'luxury' of driving to the race yourself in your car, you have to pay a PARKING FEES of Rs.1500! That is not all. You can NOT buy a parking ticket unless you buy 3 tickets for the race. It seems as if driving to a motorsport event in your own motor vehicle is a bloody crime.

There is a bus service too, which runs from a variety of places across Delhi and Noida. It costs 600rs I think.

I personally am annoyed enough with the parking charge nonsense to actually give the event a miss even though I live 15 mins away from the venue.

Anyways, I would like to know what you all think about this. asethi9192011-08-20 11:32:07

@ A Sethi: I think you have to pay that much for something as big as F1. If not be satisfied like me and sit down in A/C comfort and watch it on TV. It's as big as it gets so the cost of being there will also be high. This no cricket match.

@DD I have no problems paying the 2500 for the ticket or even more. That is completely reasonable. But charging 500Rs a day for something like parking is completely ridiculous. Regardless of how big the event is. I cant see how it can be justified.

Well actually 500 per day is quiet cheap considering you are atleast getting parking at the event guranteed without any hassle . Even I am going to the GP and booking 2500 bucks ticket with bus service . I still have to book a place to stay ,if anyone could give some cheap resthouse or hotel information near the track it will be helpful.

Also the F1 Rocks clashes with P2 and is not even in the GP venue unlike the Singapore event were everthing is better organised.

The track is in greater Noida which is a good 30-40minute drive from Noida. Noida unfortunately does not have many hotel options. You can find cheaper hotels and guest houses in and around Sector 16 Noida. That sector has a metro station which can take you to Noida City Centre from where the F1 Buses will be operating. In case the hotels here dont seem good enough, you can check out Nirulas Hotel in the same area which is a 3 star.

Your second option would be Nehru Place where you can find guest houses and hotels but they might be slightly more expensive. F1 buses will be operating from there too.

----------

I have dropped the plans to go to the event because of being ticked off about the parking. If the fees in itself wasnt ridiculously over priced, there is also the condition that you have to buy atleast 3 tickets to be 'eligible' for a bloody parking spot.

Finally today my exams had just finished and I was excited that I will finally book my F1 ticket then struck disaster . The cheap natural stand is sold out and there goes the dream of the us 5 friends . Can anyone tell me that if the sold out ticket were only online quota or the whole grand stand is sold out ?

smiley26.gif

I just booked my tickets for the Indian GP ! I have been waiting for this day since Chandrababu Naidu wanted to make a track in Hyderabad.

Finally Formula 1 comes to India and I'm counting the days.

I have also taken part in this Contest Red Bull is hosting, where they are giving one lucky Fan a chance to be the official reporter for the Red Bull Racing Team at the Indian Grand Prix & Paddock Passes.

The task is easy, so if you want be reporting from the paddock at the Indian GP, interviewing the drivers, chatting with Sebastian Vettel. Go to www.redbull.in/bloggerhunt

Great to see its actually being done without any problems Watching this live on track would be insane!!!! i remember my friend had gone for the Malaysian gp and i had call him.. hearing sounds of the cars traveling on more the 200kmph was like an orgasm. Just hearing.. imaging watch it live at the race track.

I would love to go but i wont be in India at that time smiley6.gif Hopefully will go to silver stone.

INDIAN F1 TURNING INTO A REAL RIPOFFsmiley7.gif

So the tickets for the GP are for sale now. The cheapest being at 2500 and the most expensive around 13500. Its a little steep but being a grand spectacle and being seen for the first time in India' date=' its probably worth it.

Thinking this, I just visited www.bookmyshow.com to get myself 2 tickets. As it turns out if you want to avoid walking 8kms from the barricades to the actual stadium, and want the 'luxury' of driving to the race yourself in your car, you have to pay a PARKING FEES of Rs.1500! That is not all. You can NOT buy a parking ticket unless you buy 3 tickets for the race. It seems as if driving to a motorsport event in your own motor vehicle is a bloody crime.

There is a bus service too, which runs from a variety of places across Delhi and Noida. It costs 600rs I think.

I personally am annoyed enough with the parking charge nonsense to actually give the event a miss even though I live 15 mins away from the venue.

Anyways, I would like to know what you all think about this. [/quote']

I would happily pay 15gees for F1

Thinking this, I just visited www.bookmyshow.com to get myself 2 tickets. As it turns out if you want to avoid walking 8kms

from the barricades to the actual stadium, and want the 'luxury' of

driving to the race yourself in your car, you have to pay a PARKING

FEES of Rs.1500! That is not all. You can NOT buy a parking ticket unless you buy 3 tickets for the race. It seems as if driving to a motorsport event in your own motor vehicle is a bloody crime.

I don't feel that for parking a compulsion of 3 tickets is bad. Remember this is the 1st ever GP in India so they might have limited parking also anyways the BIC bus services will be good enough for local citizen from Delhi .

Finally booked the star stand east 1 at the braking area . It will be nice to see the DRS overtakes and braking of the cars .

I do not know how many of you were there at Rajpath,New Delhi for watching Redbull F1 team on 01-Oct-2011.That was my first date with F1 car and its sound made me to scream loudly.Redbull Test driver Daniel Riccardo done 270 kmph on Rajpath which is a dream of most of us.I was really confused whether i have to watch the car through my eyes or  through camera lens.Anyway now counting days to watch Indian GP.

Thats the show car which has a V10 engine from cosworth with 950bhp . The V10 sound just shattering . Poor Ricardo might have had a bad back as the rajpath is not good enough for a f1 car and will be too bouncy at great speeds .

Ps I think the showcar will be better than the HRT he drives inspite of lower downforce and no DRS.

ACI homepage says that the F1 tickets are now available for slashed prices. Frankly I am not at all surprised to see this.

The fact that the tickets aren't selling to their expectations is actually making me somewhat happy.

Besides the prices being somewhat high(which is still acceptable considering the magnitude and importance of the event) I blame the moronic infrastructure for the lack of sales. In particular I am talking about the parking and transportation policies which are simply unacceptable.

That is pretty much the sole reason why I am not going and the reason seems to be the same for a few other people I have asked.