tushargoyal

Candy White 1.2 Polo CL

Congrats! Hope she serves you well for many years to come. And hopefully you dont face any parts availability or service issues from VW.

So how much time did you have to wait for the delivery?

Also, some pictures and a full review would be nice. Congrats again!

Regarding spares there is bit an issue as VW has very stringent quality control measures, As part of cost cutting all petrol variants of polos from May onwards are delivered without under hood insulation, for me this was an issue as spending nearly 6 lacs bonnet used to become little hot after driving I was worried about Paint as well. but according to VW workshop people petrol engine don't need it only 1.2 TDI Diesel comes with under hood carpet to reduce noise. But i ordered from Europe and costed me INR 9012/-smiley7.gif. Now bonnet is as cool as anyother exterior body panel. also VW german engineering is way different from koreans or Japanese cars both in terms of fit finish 7 operation and these things reflect in their spare parts costs. In fact according to VW workshop people I am the first customer to raise this issue of under bonnet carpet and they didn't have any spare part no. in their database.

@tushargoyal

Congrats for getting the `best hatch'.  I always adore the way the Germans make either their automobiles or other engineering goods.  Being a member of Max Meuller Bhavan, Hyderabad during my College days, for over 5 years, I had access to some of their best magazines, chronicles of Industry, Economy and Manufacuring sectors which used to show a lot of `quality stuff' in almost all their photographs.  Those magazines and documentaries are worth seeing and remembering. Just like their music.  I was very fortunate.  I was unhappy to learn that the Max Meuller Bhavans are now closed in may cities/countries.  How sad.

Thanks

I waited for 3 months for delivery as I know people in VW Mumbai HO car was delivered in 90 days otherwise It would have taken anywhere between 4-6 months for white comfortline variant.

I bought it from Volkswagen Guragon Sales Head Mr.Kamal is really

great guy I must mention. My final outlay details are as follows:

Corporate discount -8000/-

Free accessories offered but declined - Mats (cheap quality), Mud flaps( great eyesore)

My customised list:

1) VW genuine RCD310 OEM stereo- INR10,000/-

2) VW genuine POLO Premium mats- INR 2995/-

3) VW genuine Hood Insulator( Made in spain)- INR9012/-

4) VW genuine Car Cover- INR1395/-

5) Infinity Reference series 6.5"Compenent Speakers (Front)- INR8000/-

6) Infinity Reference series 6.5"Co axial shallow mount Speakers (Rear)- INR5000/-

Other detailing parts acquired - Car Polisher (3000/- bought when Swift VDI arrived year back), Japasu magic wipe(250/-) and awaiting.... Eagle One Nanowax (765/-)

Congrats! Hope she serves you well for many years to come. And hopefully you dont face any parts availability or service issues from VW.

So how much time did you have to wait for the delivery?

Also' date=' some pictures and a full review would be nice. Congrats again!
[/quote']

Congrats on your new Polo mate! Long list of customisations there. However, I feel that the premium mats are are priced steep. The OEM stereo, what make is it?

Edit : Why the extra hood insulator? Any specific reason?
designersf2010-09-28 11:00:28

OEM stereo is VW Germany AG.

Its not extra it was missing from the bonnet...just kidding..smiley36.gif

Hood Insulator make heat dissipation lot better keeps bonnet temperature lower (paint is saved) & also act as sound insulator.

Certainly I'll like to make it as informative as possible. Request other forum members to share their experience & solutions. I appreciate if members ask me specific queries.

Just info RON for 1.2 Petrol is 91/95 as per VW standards but I don't know Euro4 normal petrol Rated Octane Number.

Congrats alot for your Polo 1.2 & thanks for creating the Thread specifically.

Do post some of her pics..

Ownership review posted by you is exhaustive & Quite Informative smiley32.gif & we'll be pleased if you continue it for long. smiley20.gif

And what's the Fuel efficiency are you getting from her ??

Hood Insulator make heat dissipation lot better keeps bonnet temperature lower (paint is saved) & also act as sound insulator.

You're right here..

Despite of Cost-cutting, the fact which further strengthened VW belief to Miss that;

-1stly the Petrol Engines don't Heats that much as compared to Diesels.

-2ndly VW is confident about their Paint shop & paint Works, which can easily Withstand both 'Sandwich' heat(engine's heat from below & Sun's from outside).

@dr_nishu

certainly i'll be regular in posting my views.

regarding mileage its in Running-In period but still its around 15Km/l. Also mileage becomes better after 3000kms approx. This is time when high wear & tear of new engine is over.

Most important quality of fuel, make sure petrol pump is company owned even if you have drive a bit. I drive approx. extra 15kms for this purpose.

Thanks but  for me there is no camparison between Japs & German engineering. Germans are way ahead of Japs with least number of recalls despite of zero defect theories of Japan.

This is same Japanese Co.s which gave us historic & discontinued models from the world and dumped it on Indian soil like Qualis, City (1998 model) then they gave us Jazz with boot rechristened it as 'City' and charged horrible price for it. smiley7.gif

Congo'z on the purchase!!

-Tushar - The pricelist is jawdropping!
Seems like VW are competing with Honda these days (in terms of pricing of accessories) :)
Mats = 3k?? Man!

15kmpl is a Surprising FE figure for a car with 1.2l petrol engine weighing near 1000kgs.

& Seems that you're pretty close to achieve ARAI Certified 17.3kmpl for it very soon.

make sure petrol pump is company owned even if you have drive a bit. I drive approx. extra 15kms for this purpose.

There's Nothing better than this !

You're having a great & Genuine excuse for Enjoying your Polo l'll bit more, Isn't it..

@dr_nishu

not exactly surprising 3 cylinder engine 16V DOHC with 91 RON petrol, engine RPM  between 900-2000 , correct gear shifting can deliver this kind of FE. My swift VDI always deliver around 20kmpl ( in city) & highways (25kmpl) This also depends on way you treat your car as well.

I have booked a Treadline Petrol in September expecting delivery in December. I have read online about the rear view issue due to small rear glass and inadequate Inside Rear View Mirrors. I'd like to know how much resemblance to the fact does this matter have. And if it does, then how do you manage while taking reverse in tight parking situations?

Reversing issue!

I am used to limited rear view as I earlier had Indica V2 now Swift VDI and lately Polo, these cars have very limited rear view not just that even dimensions while driving is hard to make decision sometimes. only solution is experience, experience & experience.

Reversing issue!

?

I am used to limited rear view as I earlier had Indica V2 now Swift VDI and lately Polo' date=' these cars have very limited rear view not just that even dimensions while driving is hard to make decision sometimes. only solution is experience, experience & experience.
[/quote']

I do agree that it is all about experience.

My car is due for arrival and so is the experience.

This is going to be my 1st car. Hence the worry that I might not end up damaging the rear while mis-judging.

As you mentioned this is your first car in that case you 'll have hard time reversing it. Some suggestions

• Reverse sensors ( cost effective method)
  • In case you are putting 2DIN AV system then reversing camera can be attached to TFT screen of AV sytem just make sure it supports camera out function ( expensive method at least >25K)

• Reverse sensors ( cost effective method)
  • In case you are putting 2DIN AV system then reversing camera can be attached to TFT screen of AV sytem just make sure it supports camera out function ( expensive method at least >25K)
  • Thanks.

I have these two accessories in mind but am confused between the two.

As far as Reverse Sensors are concerned, I can avail it at the time of delivery. But I intend to go for some 2DIN HU(mine is TL variant) sometime later as will not be able to afford the entire system all at once.

Though I have another 2.5months in hand, I am trying to analyse and see what can be done. If possible I'll go for the Rear View Cam right away, but if my budget goes tight I'll prefer the sensors initially and a music system later on.