Edburg

Going in for the hunk....need your views on this

I've decided to buy the hunk smiley1.gif ...is it the right decision ? I dont find any reviews on it....need your views on this

My requirements are style,power,handling and the rest comes afterwards only....smiley2.gif

So in 65k i shortlisted CBZ-X and hunk only of which i think hunk is better...

The unicorn lacks the macho feel and pulsar is way too common on the roads...   

why don't you keep the Apache RTR 160 as an option.

it has more power and better handling than the HUNK.

I like the looks of the Apache RTR especially the STEEL GRAY color.

I also find the name HUNK very very funny.

The Hunk is a great choice.

I wouldnt think the RTR handles better. The Hunk with its superb CBZ lineage (which has always been acknowledged to have amongst the best handling of all Indian bikes) should surely offer way better handling than an RTR. Its got all the good stuff from the past CBZ's, and then some more add ons as well. Hunk all the way for me.

I've decided to buy the hunk smiley1.gif ...is it the right decision ? I dont find any reviews on it....need your views on this
My requirements are style' date='power,handling and the rest comes afterwards only....smiley2.gif
So in 65k i shortlisted CBZ-X and hunk only of which i think hunk is better...
The unicorn lacks the macho feel and pulsar is way too common on the roads...   [/quote']

Hunk Reviews

I wouldnt think the RTR handles better. The Hunk with its superb CBZ lineage (which has always been acknowledged to have amongst the best handling of all Indian bikes) should surely offer way better handling than an RTR. Its got all the good stuff from the past CBZ's' date=' and then some more add ons as well. Hunk all the way for me.[/quote']

but magazines say that the RTR is a superb handler

I wouldnt think the RTR handles better. The Hunk with its superb CBZ lineage (which has always been acknowledged to have amongst the best handling of all Indian bikes) should surely offer way better handling than an RTR. Its got all the good stuff from the past CBZ's' date=' and then some more add ons as well. Hunk all the way for me.[/quote']

Check the specs of the Hunk and the CBZ Xtreme. Both are carbon copy.

The Hunk/CBZ Xtreme shares nothing with the Original CBZ.

That means that the Hunk is as good/bad as the CBZ Xtreme. It has got nothing to do with the Original CBZ

^^but the Hunk has way better suspension,a bit better acceleration/mileage(cos of tumble induction) and is newer compared to Xtreme which only has LED tails,split rails only in addition...

about the RTR,my turn offs about this were that my friend already has one,less fuel efficient(am a student only),is small in size compared to others and vibrates higher.....so is it really worth it over the hunk ??

I still think the Hunk must handle way better than the RTR. And then there is the other important bit, the RTR will not be able to provide the same mileage as a Hunk..... my friends brand new RTR gives him only 28kpl when he rides fast, and max 35kpl when he goes slowly.................. bad news!

well the RTR gives an average just as much as the KARIZMA, but you should go for the HUNK.

just take a test ride belive me you will love it. its comfortable, its fast and gives good avg. smiley20.gif

Guys i have booked the hunk(self and black color) on 3rd jan....all the dealers gave a wating period of 25 days smiley18.gif ...wonder why it takes so long...but better than the 45 days waiting period of karizma smiley4.gif

also one of my friend says after 2 months of usage it gives some sounds from engine.. smiley19.gif i hope it is just a problem with his one...

but my real worry is that i heard that hero honda is launching a new bike(probably unveiled in the current auto expo) in the range of above 150cc.....any news on this one ??

Hi,m on to buy the hunk.smiley1.gif.can u tell me how is its performance as compared to other bikes for its class.an ofcourse its average..also suggest if i should opt for other bikes also..waiting for ur reply.

@Edburg  Congrats man on your new hunk...its really hot looking bike especially in black color...if this could have a engine of 180 or more with digi odo and some goodies it could surely wash away the pulsar range...

hey guys....thax for ur suggestions...i had bought the bike with ur suggestions and also ACI jan issue...

and regarding the hunk,i am totally satisfied with it.smiley20.gif....it has higher bhp than the pulsar and unicorn...but lower than Apache RTR...but smoother than all (except unicorn)....but the macho looks lead me to it,smiley16.gif....so i find it to be a mix of the best features of all bikes those which i craved for....and also for me until now(850 km) it is giving me above 50(~55) FE....but mind u i am treating it like my GFsmiley2.gif

and also my frnds and most people fall for the bling-bling factors...like digital speedo,LEDs,etc....but i vlaue solid engineering above all...but if those are present then its a bonus but not only them....now it costs 60.5k,a 2k lower after i bought it....

ask me if you guys have any doubts regarding it...

am looking to write a detailed review very soon....look forward for it

Do remember before u buy Hunk that even it has a plastic part (as CBZ had TPFC) which can easily break down if sometimes the leg guard hits somewhere..

Hero honda did not work on that part.. n also its rear mud flap keeps vibrating while u drive..,doesn't look good.

but feel is good,after all u r driving hero honda...

go for this bike considering these facts