Sign in to follow this  
chakrarv

Linea? Vento?

I own and drive an Sx4 and since I'm relocating and my travelling has gone up considerably (around 5000 kms in a month now) I test drove the Linea and Vento? 

Vento: My town, Coimbatore, has about 80 bookings for Vento and the delivery time for this is 6 months!!! why does it take 6 months to deliver 80 cars, I seriously think that this is a ploy by Volkswagen just to show that their cars are in demand, thumbs down for the waiting period

The exterior of the Vento is nowhere near exciting, it is a stateman's car but after a couple of years it will not be a head turner at all and will look very common. The other major drawback is it does not give you an upmarket status since from any angle in the front it looks like a Polo. 

The same for the interiors also, it looks exactly like the Polo. Now after paying almost 4 lakhs more if the interior and most of the exterior is going to look the same as a Polo why should I buy the Vento rather than the Polo. When talking about the interiors the Trendline is so ugly and plasticky I couldn't even sit in the car for few minutes, common Volkswagen how much does the chrome lining costs?  A serious no no for trendline.  So, the Vento fails here also.

@chakrarv

I  am also from Coimbatore.  Looking at your post I think you are intrested in a Diesel car as your tavel has increased. I own a Diesel Linea which has run for about 17000 kms in 10 months.

People talk about the the poor after sales service for Fiat cars, but as far as I am concerned there is no problem in after sales service in Coimbatore, TAFE Acess gives me a very good service. I have not visited the service station other than Free services.

Where did you do the TD for Linea, TAFE or GEM Motors.

View the following post wherein I have given a review of handling of my Linea.

NAREN642010-10-09 07:27:47

Yes, you have made a wise decision and I'm also buying a Linea this week. I have posted another article which is a continuation of this post since I accidentally posted this topic before completion

Absolutely correct driftpunk.

chakrarv@ I am unable to make-out the point in the creation of such a thread in the first place. You yourself have given the in-numerous cons of Vento, and finalized Linea.

So, exactly what was your confusion/doubt?