Sign in to follow this  
harikkuttan

Servicing of Punto

Dear All, My Punto Active 1.2L travelled around 6900 KM and it is due for second service since One year has passed. Please tell me what all filters are to be changed and if any other things should be changed. What all things to be taken care while putting the car on service

Is the second service a free one? If yes, then you need not worry about the parts to be changed. Fiat does not provide service guide sheets with the instruction manual ? Most manufacturers have that sheet.

If it is a paid one, then you need to do the following

1.Change Engine oil. - Switch to Castrol Magnatec

2.Change Oil filter.

3.Change Brake oil.

4. Clean spark plugs

5. Clean air filter.

6. Top up coolant.

7. Adjust clutch play.

8. Wheel alignment and balancing.

9. Get AC checked

10. Get it thoroughly washed, specially underbody

Check if there are anything wrong about the cars character and report as required. Check if all electricals are working fine or not.

sb-alto2010-10-11 10:01:12

Dear All' date=' My Punto Active 1.2L travelled around 6900 KM and it is due for second service since One year has passed. Please tell me what all filters are to be changed and if any other things should be changed. What all things to be taken care while putting the car on service

[/quote']

Have not read the Grande Punto manual, if not refer to Page No. 138 & 139.

gpservicedetails.jpg

Thank you for those posts. My car has traveled only 6900 Km so I was confused whether to change those filters that the mechanic said. I had already put  the car on service and the owners manual was in the car. I was aware that some filters should be changed but I thought in the next service I could change these then the car would have traveled around 15000 Km. This second service is a free one

I just hope that the car is being serviced at TASS only. Do not prefer roadside garages for at least for two to three years.

You need not worry about a free service. Just notify if you have any problems with the car.

dear all,

Both the real wheels of my Punto 1.2 Petrol is finished 70% while wear and tear of the front wheels are only nealy 10 %. As the wear and tear was very fast and I did not opt for wheel rotation as it may damage the other two wheels also. thrice I have done wheel alignment but the service men says the wheel alignment is OK. Please tell me what may be the other reasons so that I could talk with the service men. The car has travelled only 25000 Km in four years