bluesapphire

VW Jetta's rear windshield broken

To me this looks like a case sharp metal pointed object hitting at base as its Rear windscreen hitting pebble or something is quite minute. To me from higher floor of balcony somebody dropped by mistake or whatever screwdriver or pointed metal object to screw your happiness.

Just went through the bill & was shocked to know that its windshield including labour i guess costs 24' date='810 Rs. which is too costly, the front one costs around 14k. Rear has defogger & antenna & thus is expensive.[/quote']

That's German engineering for you buddy, enjoy yourself!smiley2.gif

bluesapphire- very sorry to read your thread though too late I am.There is a focal point for the shatter and thats where the hit was by some foreign object.The small impact sites magnify and soon the entire glass gets the shattered look.

Hopefully the car might have come out safe from the dealer's hands.This is because you suspect some foul play with the car spares and so on.

Its a relief that the car has got back on the track with a new rear glass.

Just went through the bill & was shocked to know that its windshield including labour i guess costs 24' date='810 Rs. which is too costly, the front one costs around 14k. Rear has defogger & antenna & thus is expensive.[/quote']

?

That's German engineering for you buddy, enjoy yourself!smiley2.gif
Haha, thanks...Well i am already enjoying it. I knew it would be expensive but thought would be in the range of 18k. Anyways, expensive spares are not a major issue as soon as i am enjoying or loving my car. And anyways it was convered under insurance.

Also one more query. Since few months i am facing a problem with my front windshield. When the AC is on for long time, the Fog gathers on the outside of windshield, after using wiper it vanishes away but comes again in few seconds, i used the blowers but nothing helps. Can anybody please explain me why is it so.

@bluesapphire: This is normal. If thw windscreen is cooler than the dew point this will happen. The only solution is to increase the temperature setting. What I will suggest is that switch to defrost, put fan at a high speed, and select defrost. The glass WILL take some time to warm up.

Also one more query. Since few months i am facing a problem with my front windshield. When the AC is on for long time' date=' the Fog gathers on the outside of windshield, after using wiper it vanishes away but comes again in few seconds, i used the blowers but nothing helps. Can anybody please explain me why is it so.[/quote']

In your case follow this procedure

1) Turn the heating & cooling knob to RED(heating medium)

2) Switch Internal recirculation to OFF

3) Turn the the air circulation Knob to the front glass.

4) Increase the speed of the fan to 2 or 3

I have done this & the mist on the outside vanishes in minutes.

Also one more query. Since few months i am facing a problem with my front windshield. When the AC is on for long time' date=' the Fog gathers on the outside of windshield, after using wiper it vanishes away but comes again in few seconds, i used the blowers but nothing helps. Can anybody please explain me why is it so.[/quote']

It happens to my laura, unfortunetly there is no solution by the company.. Best thing is to stick a transparent paper on in..make sure u put small holes on it so that this is little air flow. 

Just went through the bill & was shocked to know that its windshield including labour i guess costs 24' date='810 Rs. [/quote']

Had there been Skoda there, you might've seen there Invoice of some 6-7k more. smiley9.gif

Regarding misting of the base of the Windshield;

My advice is to use the AC at 2-3 degrees lower than that of the Present temprature setting.